Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Colorado has found no takers for its newly-created dorms for students with concealed-carry permits. Though both its Boulder and Colorado Springs campuses began offering segregated dorms for those students who wish to keep their concealed weapons in their dorms in August, a university spokesman told the Denver Post “so far, no one has moved.” Guns are prohibited in all other campus dormitories. The creation of the dorms followed a March ruling by the state’s supreme court that the school could not outright ban concealed weapons on campus.

by Anonymousreply 1512/06/2012

America's gun nuts are a tiny minority.

by Anonymousreply 111/28/2012

Yes. We need weapons lying around in settings where large amounts of alcohol are consumed on a regular basis.

by Anonymousreply 211/28/2012

I wonder if only one student wanted to have a weapon in his/her dorm room, would they go out of their way to accommodate that one student? I can see the gun nuts making a case of it if the University didn't.

by Anonymousreply 311/28/2012

Maybe they shouldn't have named it Columbine Hall.

by Anonymousreply 411/28/2012

That's because they're a bunch of liberal fags! Learnin's for fags!

by Anonymousreply 511/28/2012

WW for r4 - That made me crack up. Enough time has gone by I guess.

by Anonymousreply 611/28/2012

I also voted r4 for wit and wisdom

by Anonymousreply 711/28/2012

Me too. WW for R4.

by Anonymousreply 811/28/2012

by Anonymousreply 911/29/2012

Is it too late to enroll my daughter?

by Anonymousreply 1011/30/2012

Of course crazy and stupid gun nuts don't trust other crazy and stupid gun nuts to handle their weapons responsibly!

They're not that stupid.

by Anonymousreply 1111/30/2012

Setting aside the question of what a true gun nut would be doing at a university in the first place--let alone a PUBLIC university--I would think, first of all, that a Second Amendment absolutist would be indignant at the idea of being segregated and would insist that ALL buildings on campus allow open-carry. Also, a true gun nut would never agree to live in the designated gun dorm, as that would make them an easy target when the government came to take away everybody's guns.

by Anonymousreply 1211/30/2012

[quote]America's gun nuts are a tiny minority.

O'rly. That's why the NRA is the most powerful lobbyist in America.

by Anonymousreply 1312/06/2012

Who says they are the most powerful lobbyist? See what I mean? That's what I'm sayin'.

by Anonymousreply 1412/06/2012

Their power comes from the implied threat of violence against those they disagree with, not from numbers or money.

by Anonymousreply 1512/06/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!