Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

List of Unusual deaths from wikipedia

(inspired by the family that jumped into the ocean to save their dog)

You know you want to read it!

by Anonymousreply 1611/28/2012

They had a show like this on SpikeTV called "1,000 Ways to Die." I eventually stopped watching 'cause I got paranoid. Some people meet most random deaths. But I hope when my time comes I just stop breathing.

by Anonymousreply 111/26/2012

The Byford Dolphin decompression incident in 1983, I find the most interesting.

by Anonymousreply 211/26/2012

Worst I ever heard was woman in Austin (2011?) who was sent home from restaurant job because she was high on something. She disappeared -- and was found in an air vent weeks later where she had crawled in, trying to get back into the restaurant after it closed. She apparently crawled as far as she could, then suffocated... but I wonder if she starved to death over weeks. So awful, not found until smell. So Austin somehow too.

by Anonymousreply 311/26/2012

bump

by Anonymousreply 411/26/2012

This is one of the weirdest -- a British music hall comedian named Tommy Cooper, had a heart attack during a performance at Her Majesty's Theatre that was being televised live.

The ghoulish part is the audience laughing at good old anything-for-a-laugh Tommy as he collapses onstage. Even his assistant giggles as she takes away the microphone stand, apparently thinking he's improvising.

by Anonymousreply 511/26/2012

Although it does sound a bit like a disease, I don't think anyone ever died from Wikipedia.

by Anonymousreply 611/26/2012

I want more info on this guy!

1816: Gouverneur Morris, an American statesman, died after sticking a piece of whale bone through his urinary tract to relieve a blockage.

by Anonymousreply 711/27/2012

Another pet dog story that ended with the dog safe, but the would-be rescuers drowning occurred, I believe, in a md-western state. Two young people were walking their pet dog beside a small river. There was a waterfall, and a ball bobbing near it. The dog jumped in to retrieve it, and the young man went after it. He was overwhelmed by the power of action of the churning waters. His young female companion, went to the top of the waterfall, got a solid foothold, let down a piece of clothing to her companion, and herself was pulled down by the forces. They found the bodies later, and the dog safely out of the water.

by Anonymousreply 811/27/2012

Let us not forget the datalounge classic of the bride posing in the water in her wedding dress where she was pulled in and drowned.

by Anonymousreply 911/27/2012

Cheryl has a relative on the list.

1994: Gloria Ramirez was admitted to Riverside General Hospital, in Riverside, California, for complications of advanced cervical cancer. Before she died, her caregivers claimed that Ramirez's body mysteriously emitted toxic fumes that made several emergency room workers very ill.[158]

by Anonymousreply 1011/28/2012

Look at this video. It's a robber who kills himself when he fires his gun only for the bullet to richocet off the cash register and hit him in the head.

by Anonymousreply 1111/28/2012

This past summer that bride up in Canada who was having beauty shots done in her wedding gown got too close to a nearby river and the water weighted her dress, sucked in her and she drowned.

by Anonymousreply 1211/28/2012

There used to be a website called "mydeathspace.com" where people would post news articles about all sorts of random deaths (often young people), along with a link to the deceased's myspace pages. Seeing their myspaces made these news stories so much more "real" and I began getting REALLY paranoid and anxious about the smallest shit after reading about all these crazy sudden deaths. One minute these people were here, the next they were gone. I think they eventually took the site down (or overhauled it) because they had so many complaints about it being in bad taste. That shit really used to freak me out though.

by Anonymousreply 1311/28/2012

[quote]20 crew and passengers died in a plane crash near Bandundu, in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, when a crocodile, being smuggled by one of the passengers in a sports bag, freed itself and panicked the passengers who all ran towards the flightdeck. The tiny Filair L-410 Turbolet unbalanced and crashed, despite the lack of any technical failure. One passenger and the crocodile survived.

Funny how often the animals live and the humans don't ...

by Anonymousreply 1411/28/2012

Ironic, R14, that their frantic efforts to escape one deadly peril created a second and far more effective one. Good thing one person survived or that cause of that crash never would have been known.

by Anonymousreply 1511/28/2012

WTF????

"2001: Bernd-Jürgen Brandes, from Germany, was voluntarily stabbed repeatedly and then partly eaten by Armin Meiwes (who was later called the Cannibal of Rotenburg). Brandes had answered an internet advertisement by Meiwes looking for someone for this purpose. Brandes explicitly stated in his will that he wished to be killed and eaten.[178]"

by Anonymousreply 1611/28/2012
Need more help? Click Here.