Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Mallory Owens, Alabama Lesbian, Allegedly Attacked By Girlfriend's Brother During Thanksgiving Dinner (GRAPHIC)

An Alabama woman is recovering after allegedly being attacked by her girlfriend's brother over Thanksgiving weekend.

Though details of the case are continuing to emerge, NBC affiliate Local 15 reports that 23-year-old Mallory Owens is being treated for injuries following a Nov. 22 assault by Travis Hawkins Jr. Owens, who was reportedly attending Thanksgiving dinner at the family home of girlfriend Ally Hawkins (Travis' sister) at the time of the attack, suffered multiple skull fractures and crushed bones, and had metal plates put under her eyes because of her injuries, according to reports.

Hawkins, Local 15's report notes, has been charged with second degree assault, though it remains unclear what may have prompted the attack. cites Owens' sister says it wasn't the first time Hawkins had attacked Owens, noting: "He never liked Mallory and Ally to begin with. Mallory would never do anything to hurt anyone."

Avery Godwin added, "He should've been charged with attempted murder."

A photo reportedly showing Owens in the hospital has since been posted on Facebook. "It is reported that the accused attackers family stood by, did not intervene, and have threatened the [victim's] family," the user wrote.

by Anonymousreply 4511/28/2012

Please let them be white.......

by Anonymousreply 111/26/2012

Absolutely terrible. Thanksgiving will haunt her for a long time to come.

by Anonymousreply 311/26/2012

Punch and delete her gf's family. Sounds like white trash.

by Anonymousreply 411/26/2012

They're saying that this is the woman beater.

by Anonymousreply 511/26/2012

He's pretty. He should be very popular in prison.

by Anonymousreply 611/26/2012

Everyone please ignore R2.

by Anonymousreply 711/26/2012

I bet he wanted to fuck his sisters gf and went pyscho that she wasn't enamoured with his penis

by Anonymousreply 811/26/2012

"Travis" from Alabama....Oy, I can just see the trailer park now.

by Anonymousreply 911/26/2012

Someone put a link to his Facebook. If that's him, looking at his likes he seems like a typical male macho-wannabe douche.

by Anonymousreply 1011/26/2012

If this does turn out to be a gay bashing, and the account is accurate, why would those women even show up in the first place?

I am NOT saying she deserved that in any way, but if the family just stood by, obviously they are homophobic and low rent.

I always shake my head at much lesser examples of homophobic disrespect in the Home for the Holiday threads.

I disconnected from my family years ago and never regretted it.

by Anonymousreply 1111/26/2012

He posted a picture on Facebook of a tattoo that reads "Forever Condemned." The following exchange took place with his mother:

[quote] Mom: Is that how you feel about yourself? We may not go to church like we should, but I always thought we instilled Christian values in you. Do you really feel that your condemned?

Guy: this isnt the conversation to be having over a public forum mom. christianity has nothing to do with the symbolism of this tattoo i dont feel religiously condemned or spiritually etc. but by my father i will always feel condemned so thats the meaning of my tattoo, but honestly i dont think this is the conversation to be having over facebook

Mom: Your father has never condemned you nor does he have the power. You feel condemned on your own. Bud, you have made a mess of your life on your own and we have done everything to help you. Your dad more then me.

Guy: Look i know this isnt mom speaking and if it is you typing the words arent your own and i will always feel condemned by my father if you want to have this conversation over facebook would you like me to go down the list of reasons why i feel condemned by him: the final reason was the voicemails that i have saved by him to me, etc. etc. i have plenty of other more explicit reasons. im not gunna argue about this anymore im grown mother/father im on my feet now i have a good job good money my life is no longer a mess so... all in all f$#@ my father!

Mom: Love the language you would use with your mother. So your calling me ignorant and I don't know how to put words together. Thanks son!! Go a head and use all the stories you have made up or changed about your dad to gain all the sympathy you can get. We have never wanted anything but you to be happy and successful. Whether you believe or not we both love you very much. Take care of yourself.

Mom: Please stop trying to continue to cause us pain. You've done enough already. [/quote]

He clearly comes from a fucked up background, that much is clear.

by Anonymousreply 1211/26/2012

So, his sister didn't do anything to stop him? This is why I'd carry a gun if I lived in any red state.

by Anonymousreply 1311/26/2012

Maybe they lured the couple to the house in order for this to happen. I would not doubt it for one minute.

I escaped Alabama, thank God. It is as backward today as it was 20 years ago. Fucking assholes.

by Anonymousreply 1611/26/2012

R14,16 As hot as you think the attacker is, he's a homophobe he will beat you worse than this girl long before he fucks you. Defending this homophobic SOB on a gay board is pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 1811/26/2012

R15/17 is a nasty ass piece of shit and should promptly throw himself off a bridge. Everyone F&F him.

On another note, the word "alledgly" in the headline pissed me the fuck off. If this attack didn't involve a lesbian no one would be doubting whether it took place or not. Why the hell is it that people here and elsewhere always seem to question homophobic violence against lesbians? The same thing happened when the lesbian was tied up in her home and when a lesbian teenage couple was attacked.

by Anonymousreply 1911/26/2012

That should have been R14/17. And "allegedly".

by Anonymousreply 2011/26/2012

R17, the brother is to blame for savagely and brutally beating this poor woman. Are you brain dead? The family is to blame because it is reported that they stood and WATCHED. Which leads me to believe they were in on it.

R17, you are damaged, severely.

by Anonymousreply 2111/26/2012

r17, I agree you are a fucking asshole.

by Anonymousreply 2211/26/2012

they use allegedly because the assault was a criminal act and and the perp has not yet been tried and convicted. he will keep being the suspect/defendant/alleged assailant till he takes a plea deal or is convicted at trial.

by Anonymousreply 2311/26/2012

This is what happens when folks like you all can't stop calling women fraud and cunts.

by Anonymousreply 2411/26/2012

Those who stood by and watched this coward batter the woman is just as guilty. Justice would demand he be celled with relatives of lesbians. But that doesn't happen. I,for one, believe he'll eventually self-destruct!

by Anonymousreply 2511/27/2012

[quote]Those who stood by and watched this coward batter the woman is just as guilty.

Well, actually, legally speaking: no.

But they're morally abominable of this is what they did.

by Anonymousreply 2611/27/2012

Travis is a jr. Last year Travis sr. Shot jr. In the chest during an altercation! These are scary country people,and they ALWAYS have guns. That is a savage beating.The photos make me feel terrible.

by Anonymousreply 2711/27/2012

someone beat up R17 so we can all laugh at his tattered ass. Maybe a little rape for some extra fun. He obviously deserves it.

by Anonymousreply 2811/27/2012

I'll never understand Southern culture.

by Anonymousreply 2911/27/2012

Bumping original thread

by Anonymousreply 3011/27/2012

Clearly, someone wasn't a fan of the crabwalking.

by Anonymousreply 3111/27/2012

R31. What?

by Anonymousreply 3211/27/2012

R17 is the reason why I wish you had to register to post on this site. It sucks paying 18 bucks to have to have shitstains like that infiltrate.

by Anonymousreply 3311/27/2012

How bout the Feds charge him with a hate crime since the state offers no clause for LGBT citizens?

He deserves the death penalty. What good could he possibly serve on this earth. Absolutely horrifying.

by Anonymousreply 3511/28/2012

R2? You're late for your men's rights group circle jerk. You add nothing to this conversation, as usual.

by Anonymousreply 3611/28/2012

R31. Seriously, what the hell does crabwalking mean? Somebody please help me out.

by Anonymousreply 3711/28/2012

trolldar r17, then go into the Why You Shouldn't Give to the Salvation Army thread.

by Anonymousreply 3811/28/2012

The victim is now saying the beating wasn't due to anti-gay violence, just a "bad, bad night."

Do I smell coersion from her GF?

by Anonymousreply 3911/28/2012

r17 also wrote this on another thread:

"My parents raised me to be a proud Republican and that is what I will always be. I do not believe in liberal values. That is why I am voting for Mr. Romney. My relatives were victims of the Holocaust so we are very attuned to the despotism that liberals represent. I will always stand for Freedom and purity."

by Anonymousreply 4011/28/2012

omg, now check out r17's post in the Justin Beiber's abs thread:

"He's absolutely gorgeous. I love young bodies like that. Just perfect."

by Anonymousreply 4111/28/2012

[quote]She has since been released from the hospital and is said to be recovering at the Hawkins family home, where the attack took place.

Says it all really. Just as self-hateful as R17.

by Anonymousreply 4211/28/2012

There definitely seems to be more to this story. The victim's gf said that more will come out later and that "it's so humiliating."

And apparently this wasn't the first time the brother attacked the gf. He hit her in the head with a pipe wrench but they got past that. WTF is wrong with those people?

by Anonymousreply 4311/28/2012

She got her chocolate in his peanut butter, they had a huge fight until they realized it was two great tastes that taste great together.

by Anonymousreply 4411/28/2012

Wow. Vicious AND stupid.

by Anonymousreply 4511/28/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!