Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Angus T. Jones (Two and a Half Men) calls his show ***FILTH*** and urges people to stop watching this show!

Angus T. Jones, who's been attending the Voice of Prophecy Seventh-day Adventist church in Los Angeles in recent months, slammed the series during a videotaped testimonial for the religious organization Forerunner Chronicles.

"If you watch Two and a Half Men, please stop watching Two and a Half Men," Jones says earnestly in the clip. "I'm on Two and a Half Men and I don't want to be on it. Please stop watching it. Please stop filling your head with filth."

Jones goes on to call the show "bad news."

"People say it's just entertainment," he says in the clip. "Do some research on the effects of television and your brain and I promise you you'll have a decision to make."

by Anonymousreply 16911/28/2012

He had done some anti-bullying advocacy. I wonder if this is a renounce of it as well. He's very lucky that he's talented and handsome and can write his own ticket in this industry.

by Anonymousreply 111/26/2012

Wow, this might be the biggest career suicide since Tattoo walked off of Fantasy Island.

by Anonymousreply 211/26/2012

I have to agree that this show has passed adult humor into third grade vulgarity and it is not funny and at times is really garbage.

However, this kid has made an obscene amount of money from this show and I am sure his disgust does not include sacrificing his salary this season. They should just can him. I hope he is ready for a career on low rated reality TV.

by Anonymousreply 311/26/2012

R1 - I hope you are being sarcastic.

by Anonymousreply 411/26/2012

[quote]"I'm on Two and a Half Men and I don't want to be on it."

"...but hey, if they wanna pay me $700K an episode for three lines of dialogue, why not?"

by Anonymousreply 511/26/2012

I hope Angus is giving his ill-gotten gain from 2 & 1/2 Men to Christ his almighty savior to continue His good work! Else his words mean nothing.

by Anonymousreply 611/26/2012

What the hell makes everyone bat shit crazy over there?

by Anonymousreply 711/26/2012

If this means that this shiteous show is finally going off the air, then I too will praise Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 811/26/2012

Oh wow, careers over Angus, was it worth it?

by Anonymousreply 1011/26/2012

He must realize that his convictions will mean unemployment for all his colleagues both on and behind the scenes.

The boy who played D.J. on 'Roseanne' had a similar awakening and Roseanne was wise enough to write an episode dealing with it. I believe she's still on good terms with the actor.

by Anonymousreply 1111/26/2012

Making his character a fundamentalist would probably be the comedic shot in the arm this declining chestnut needs.

by Anonymousreply 1211/26/2012

I never knew the story behind that, R11. It was a good episode.

by Anonymousreply 1311/26/2012

It's time for Angus to get deployed or go off to college, and for some illegitimate child of Ashton's character to show up at the door.

by Anonymousreply 1411/26/2012

There is not a handsome bone in his body. In fact, he looks as if he might suffer from fetal alcohol syndrome.

by Anonymousreply 1511/26/2012

Two can play that game, r15. You picked the worst pic you could find.

He's attractive. Not stunning, not gonna stop traffic in WeHo (or anywhere else), but a nice-looking young man. And he does get plaudits for losing all that weight.

But he has now gone insane, so be kind.

by Anonymousreply 1711/26/2012

He was exposed to too much and now he's going head first into the opposite extreme. We've all seen this before.

His message would be better received with a different tone. A self-righteous tone will just shame the people who are watching it and isn't the point to get them to listen, if you really think it's filth that should be watched? It's ego-driven. If he calmed down and reasonably explained why he feels that way without the over the top, attention-whoring finger pointing, it would give people something to drink about and consider, instead of being put on the defensive. But then, that's not the point.

by Anonymousreply 1811/26/2012

That little boy has always been ugly....

by Anonymousreply 1911/26/2012

He's only being used to promote the church because he's on TV. So yeah, his "check out how harmful TV is, but listen to me, star of Two and a Half Men!" bit is fucked up.

And fugly to boot.

by Anonymousreply 2011/26/2012

Beside the fact that you lose your platform and "voice" because you turn off the people in your industry who might hire you.

by Anonymousreply 2111/26/2012

[quote]He must realize that his convictions will mean unemployment for all his colleagues both on and behind the scenes.

Maybe just for his manager. His show replaced its lead before, they can replace the fourth lead or whatever he is.

by Anonymousreply 2211/26/2012

His parents should've kept him away from the toxicity of Charlie Sheen. That probably has something to do with his current embrace of Jayzus.

by Anonymousreply 2311/26/2012

His diatribe must constitute breach of his contract -- they all have clauses forbidding the actor to do anything that would reflect poorly on the show. I don't recall which bad behavior of Sheen's finally got him fired (badmouthing his boss?), but it paled in comparison to this.

by Anonymousreply 2411/26/2012

And another thing, how long will this church want him around after he has emptied his bank account and given all his dough? He wont be very useful once he is broke and unemployed.

by Anonymousreply 2511/26/2012

That show is basically the most obvious sex jokes repeated for 22 minutes. I'm not bothered by filth but this is just tedious. But, that's pretty much every NBC/Chuck Lorre sitcom these days: one joke that's repeated over and over again until the only thing that's left is the proverbial dead horse.

by Anonymousreply 2611/26/2012

[quote]In separate testimony given in October, he noted that he never drank and is still a virgin.

Well, there's his problem right there.

by Anonymousreply 2711/26/2012

Times article says he makes $350,000 an episode, not $700,000. But still - he's a millionaire many times over.

by Anonymousreply 2811/26/2012

This show is such a rip-off of the British show 'Men Behaving Badly'. TPTB at that show should sue Chuck Lorre for plagiarism.

by Anonymousreply 2911/26/2012

CBS tried an American version of "Men Behaving Badly" and it flopped bigtime.

by Anonymousreply 3011/26/2012

[quote]Angus T. Jones (Two and a Half Men) calls his show ***FILTH***

I predict the next episode will go through the roof, ratings-wise. Pronouncing it "filth" and urging people to ignore is a sure-fire way to get them to tune in.

by Anonymousreply 3111/26/2012

They need to ship his character off somewhere (or get him killed, since he's now in the Army) and replace him with a younger kid ... Is Cousin Oliver available? How about Ernie Douglas? Paul Petersen's little sister?

by Anonymousreply 3211/26/2012

Call me cra cra but I think this guy is sexy! Huh, go figure.

by Anonymousreply 3311/26/2012

Angus T. Bones: stick a fork in him, he's done.

by Anonymousreply 3411/26/2012

R34 if you really want to kill the show, bring in Dodie from MY THREE SONS!

by Anonymousreply 3511/26/2012

r11, I didn't really follow the show. Just watched when it was on by chance. How did she work it into the script?

by Anonymousreply 3611/26/2012

Even though this article is from The Daily Mail I think this is probably true. Apparently his white trash mother is now saying the church is exploiting him (she's probably mad he's not giving her any of his money). Looks like both his parents are white trash criminals.

by Anonymousreply 3711/26/2012

He's an idiot, an asshole, and a hypocrite.

If he really believes what he was saying, he'd quit his job. But I guess greed is over-ruling his principles.

by Anonymousreply 3811/26/2012

I never saw "Two/Half;" it always looked like a piece of shit to me.

However, that kid is speaking way out of turn. He's immature and has turned into a big fucking religious know-it-all, kind of like Kirk Cameron did the last couple of seasons of 'Family Ties' when the rest of the cast hated him and prosletizing.

There are other people involved who may need their job on 'Men' such as wardrobe, stage crew, etc. But if you don't want to be on a show, fine, then give up the money, your life of privilege, celebrity and ask to be let out of your contract.

You don't know everything just because you found your brand of bible schmible religion with which to drive everyone else crazy.

by Anonymousreply 3911/26/2012

[quote] I don't recall which bad behavior of Sheen's finally got him fired (badmouthing his boss?), but it paled in comparison to this.

You're kidding, right?

by Anonymousreply 4011/26/2012

Sound like another Kirk Cameron.

by Anonymousreply 4111/26/2012

DJ was coming in late after school and Roseanne was concerned that he had fallen in with a bad crowd but Darlene found out that he had been going to church. Meanwhile a mistake with the delivery men left the restaurant with an extra oven and a moral crisis for Roseanne underscored by DJ's newfound faith. The family later said grace before a meal and there was a vague sense that the family may begin attending Sunday services.

by Anonymousreply 4211/26/2012

I just watched both parts of his "testimony" on YouTube, and this is only the tip of the iceberg.

I predict everything from drugs, to sex, to stories of molestation coming out of this lad's mouth soon enough.

by Anonymousreply 4311/26/2012

Has anyone gotten Miley's take on this? She played his friend in a couple of episodes.

by Anonymousreply 4411/26/2012

Worried Mom: "Well, at least it's not Scientology."

by Anonymousreply 4511/26/2012

I never thought I'd say this but I agree with what's being said in the name of God in the church on this one.

by Anonymousreply 4611/26/2012

He's trying to get fired, he can't quit because they have a contract, If he gets fired he can sue for pay without having to be on the "obscene" show. It ain't gonna work. Sounds like he is hiding some urges thru religion.

by Anonymousreply 4711/26/2012

I predict Angus B Jones will one day be featured on the show "whatever happened to..." or "has-been celebrity intervention". He's just bitten the proverbial hand that feeds him. He's got one thing right though. The show is filth. It sucks so bad it stinks. They should have pulled the plug when Sheen left, or I should say, was ushered out the door.

by Anonymousreply 4811/26/2012

Seventh Day Adventists eschew pork, banning it from their hospitals, etc. Of course Angus is probably a microbiotic vegetarian.

by Anonymousreply 4911/26/2012

Seventh Day Adventists are heavily involved in the production of veggie protein.

by Anonymousreply 5011/26/2012

I have a friend who's a SDA and won't eat beef or pork, but he will eat lamb because he claims that it's not "red meat." Huh?

by Anonymousreply 5111/26/2012

If they really want t keep this unfunny show going, surely they can kill off the current 1/2 man and replace him with an illegitimate son of Sheen's dead character. He slept with anything with a pulse so it's a safe bet he has a few spawn out there somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 5211/26/2012

I almost wish Scientology had gotten their hooks into him instead of these grifters.

At least Scientology knows how to keep their victims alive and earning. These people will kill his career, take him for every dime he has, and kick him to the curb when it's finally over.

by Anonymousreply 5311/26/2012

He's actually cute without the '60s hipster glasses. The weight loss has done wonders. Wouldn't quite call it a Jerry O'Connell transformation quite yet, as I could easily seem him gaining the weight back & looking like Michael Moore.

Sad that he's gotten sucked in. They'll definitely try to get his money. I guess that what happens when both your redneck parents end up spending time in jail.

by Anonymousreply 5411/26/2012

Waiting for him to give all his money to the poor and needy. Oh, wait, he won't.

by Anonymousreply 5611/26/2012

It's sad that Anus is 19 and stull a virgin. I would've thought that one of the perks of veing a teen star would be that you wouldn't have that boat anchor hanging aroung your neck, i feel kind of sorry for him. he's oviously been stunted emotionally. I can't imagine how the ribald humour of the programme must, how hard it must be to integrate that into a sexless life.

by Anonymousreply 5711/26/2012

His character is no longer necessary to the series, & I'm sure Chuck Lorree already had a notion to write him out, this just cinches it. The kid's foolin himself if he believes he'll ever work in the industry again. Spend your $35K wisely asshole!

by Anonymousreply 5811/26/2012

Someone once told me that some of their family members who were Jehovah Witness switched to SDA because JW wasn't hardcore enough.

by Anonymousreply 5911/26/2012

[quote]"Do some research on the effects of television and your brain and I promise you you'll have a decision to make."

Substitute the word "religion" in for "television" and the statement rings even truer.

by Anonymousreply 6011/26/2012

His net worth was estimated at $15 million earlier this year by Celebrity Networth.

by Anonymousreply 6111/26/2012

I bet he hates the gays. I wonder what Holland Taylor thinks of all this?

by Anonymousreply 6211/27/2012

Ill-gotten gains. He should give it all to charity.

by Anonymousreply 6311/27/2012

I'm really wondering what his relationship with Charlie Sheen was like. Talk about oil and water.

by Anonymousreply 6411/27/2012

Angus is a fan of the BBC, huh?

by Anonymousreply 6511/27/2012

Well Angus,It was nice knowing you...Not really since your show blows goats.

by Anonymousreply 6611/27/2012

[quote]The boy who played D.J. on 'Roseanne' had a similar awakening and Roseanne was wise enough to write an episode dealing with it. I believe she's still on good terms with the actor.

No he didn't and LOL! You are also R1 which says a lot!

by Anonymousreply 6711/27/2012

Someone should really look into the genesis of holland taylors one woman show coming to bway... there is a big story there

by Anonymousreply 6811/27/2012

This ungrateful bastard is complaining about being over payed in this economy.

Well if he feels so strongly why doesn't he donate the money made off said show to charity.

by Anonymousreply 6911/27/2012

what they should do now is write the filthiest, most degrading dialogue imaginable for his character so we can watch him write every week while he is forced to say it.

by Anonymousreply 7011/27/2012

I would just like to add my two cents worth to agree with the other posters who brought up the fact that that show has made him a millionaire. I think there is some passage in the Gospels of the New Testament where a rich, young man comes to Jesus and asks him how he can be saved (whatever that is supposed to mean) and Jesus replies that he should sell all his belongings and give all his money to the poor and then follow him. Until Mr. Jones even makes a slight gesture toward that end, his words about "filth" are empty. He is still young though and at the age where he is searching for something to believe in. I will wait until he is in his 40s, at the latest, and then see what he is up to and believes in; if he is still a millionaire and spouting this stuff then he really is a fool.

by Anonymousreply 7111/27/2012

Jon Cryer's grandfather was a noted Methodist minister so in a way he comes from a devout background but don't know how devout he is with that sort of thing; it would be interesting to hear his reaction to all this "filth" stuff. And something from Charlie Sheen as well. I'm sure he's having a few "last laughs" about this.

by Anonymousreply 7211/27/2012

Young adults join groups and gangs because they are forming their identity.

by Anonymousreply 7311/27/2012

Good for him. It's awful when shows stay on too long. Like Happy Days, Laverne & Shirley, The Jeffersons, One Day At A Time and so on

They didn't do anyone any favors by staying on extra seasons. Especially shows like Laverne & Shirley where the California episodes were unwatchable now as were the Happy Days episodes once Richie left.

by Anonymousreply 7411/27/2012

2.5 Men was on for too long starting at Season 1 Episode 2.

by Anonymousreply 7511/27/2012

What R71 said. People can talk but they gotta walk the walk.

by Anonymousreply 7611/27/2012

I want to give Angus his first blowjob. He'll forget all this silliness then

by Anonymousreply 7711/27/2012

How did Angus avoid being raped by Charlie?

by Anonymousreply 7811/27/2012

Who says he wasn't, r78?

by Anonymousreply 7911/27/2012

by Anonymousreply 8011/27/2012

[quote]Jon Cryer's grandfather was a noted Methodist minister so in a way he comes from a devout background but don't know how devout he is with that sort of thing

Jon Cryer is a Republican. He believe he supported Mitt Romney.

I digress... there is something about Hollywood that can turn people crazy. If you weren't crazy to begin with, you'll become one. Those who fall into addiction or have been in the company of users and abusers somehow reclaim their souls by turning into wingnuts. Perhaps Angus did have an awakening.

by Anonymousreply 8111/27/2012

What is Jon Cryer doing to drive all his co-stars crazy? He's the common denominator.

by Anonymousreply 8211/27/2012

I get the sneaking suspicion that Jon Cryer is in reality not the nicest person.

by Anonymousreply 8311/27/2012

Isn't it about time his character was written off and replaced with some younger, cute child, anyway? I'm sure they'd have no problem finding some pretext to do that. And then it would really be Two and a HALF Men again. He's too old for the show now, so this gives the producers just the excuse they need.

I do hope he wises up and gets out of the clutches of the religious nutjobs before it's too late, though.

by Anonymousreply 8411/27/2012

Angus probably got a better offer and is looking for an out.

Look at the careers of McLean Stevenson and Shelly Long and Sally Struthers and Jean Stapleton and Demond Wilson and Redd Foxx once they quit their sitcoms

by Anonymousreply 8511/27/2012

Dumb ass church. Guess they didn't stop to think where their money will come from once he's blacklisted.

by Anonymousreply 8611/27/2012

None of those people made the kind of money Angus is making. He's set for life, as long as he isn't stupid.

Well, he's already stupid, but as long as he isn't stupid about his money.

by Anonymousreply 8711/27/2012

The kid is at a very impressionistic age. To say he hasn't had a normal childhood is puttng it mildly. Imagine being a 10-year-old and getting a huge dose of Charlie Sheen as a way of life on a constant basis. Now he's post-pubescent and ready to be his "own man." This is a rebellious teenage outburst. Of course he's going to swing all the way in the other direction. It is so obvious that these "church people" are thrilled to have all this free press through his validation. Transparant users. Yeah, the kid is going to be in for some hard knocks, now. Give him a few years. He'll swing to middle and get on with his life. I sort of feel sorry for him.

by Anonymousreply 8811/27/2012

The one thing I can't believe in this story is...2 1/2 men has been going for TEN FUCKING SEASONS??????

by Anonymousreply 9011/27/2012

[quote]He actually is attractive since he's grown up, gotten tall, and gotten thin. And he IS talented.

I know nothing about his talent since I've never watched this pos show, but you need to see a doctor, STAT. There is nothing "handsome" about him.

by Anonymousreply 9111/27/2012

Angus will soon have his ass shown the door. They should just end Two and A Half Men and have Kelso do a continuation show, like Maryberry RFD and Archie Bunker's Brothel Bar.

by Anonymousreply 9211/27/2012

[quote]I predict the next episode will go through the roof, ratings-wise. Pronouncing it "filth" and urging people to ignore is a sure-fire way to get them to tune in.

I don't think it will drive anyone away, either. All of our grandmas are not going to admit they've been cackling over 10 years of filth.

by Anonymousreply 9311/27/2012

R94, you and your fundie ilk aren't welcome here.

Get the fuck out you pathetic Christer.

by Anonymousreply 9511/27/2012

I hope he dies in a grease fire.

by Anonymousreply 9611/27/2012

He will end up giving all his money to Jesus, end up in a gutter and have a comeback back in John Waters's final film.

by Anonymousreply 9711/27/2012

He'll end up being the new Brad Renfro.

by Anonymousreply 9811/27/2012

This "church", is ran by the dude sitting next to Angus. He goes by the name The Forerunner, and does all of his sermons in front of a green screen on YouTube.

They believe that Jay-Z is satanic and is attempting to take over the world and he compares Obama to Hitler. They are also, of course, extremely anti-gay.

by Anonymousreply 9911/27/2012

I suppose anyone exposed to old Charlie would embrace "God."

How long before the antisemitism comes out against the evil exec. producer who took advantage of him and made him wealthy?

by Anonymousreply 10011/27/2012

[quote]They believe that Jay-Z is satanic and is attempting to take over the world and he compares Obama to Hitler. They are also, of course, extremely anti-gay.

I'm beginning to see a pattern.

by Anonymousreply 10111/27/2012

Again, I hope he dies in a grease fire.

by Anonymousreply 10211/27/2012

Well he's right. It IS filth. Every episode is about sex and sexual innuendo. It's totally in-your-face. Although the kid appears to be brainwashed by that black church, he's right about the show being filthy. He says SATAN is behind it all, too.

And that canned laugh track the producer uses is the same annoying one he uses on his other sitcom "The Big Bang Theory." They say a joke, laugh track, another joke, laugh track -- and so on. Someone is sitting in the control room, reading the script and turning a knob to inject the laugh track.

Take that filthy show off! For GOD HAS SPOKEN through "Little Angus"!

by Anonymousreply 10311/27/2012

There's got to be some kind of "crazy" in the water over there on that show.

by Anonymousreply 10411/27/2012

All Chuck Lorre has to do is have Cryer's character knock up his girlfriend and VOILA. This must have come up before this, or why would the little creep show up so little this season. It seems like they trying to erase the crazy little motherfucker anyway.

by Anonymousreply 10511/27/2012

r98, he's certainly got the redneck pedigree. The big difference is that Renfro was cute as a pre-teen discovery in The Client & was marketed as a sex symbol by his early teens. Rumors abound of underage sexual abuse by Bryan Singer & his cronies circa Apt Pupil. So a kid from a poor background with suspect parenting predisposed to having issues suddenly has money, fame, teen idol sex symbol status & may have been abused. At least Angus is likely only dealing with a couple of those factors (poor background with suspect parenting, early riches). Hopefully he won't end up in & out of jail & then dead of a drug overdose at 25.

by Anonymousreply 10611/27/2012

[quote]Rumors abound of underage sexual abuse by Bryan Singer & his cronies

Is there any truth to this? Does Singer have this reputation? I really don't want to believe this to be true.

I'm not being "naive," I just don't really read a lot of gossip sites and I only know the guy from his movies.

by Anonymousreply 10711/27/2012

Oh yeah. I work with a 32 yr old who was once part of Singer's stable for his sex parties. The stories he tells are ghastly.

by Anonymousreply 10811/27/2012

Spill, R108

by Anonymousreply 10911/27/2012

Hmmmmm, he will not appear in the next two episodes that are scheduled to shoot before the holiday hiatus. The episodes to be shot this month will air in early 2013.

[quote]“My character does Skype calls,” Jones told E! Online in October. “He only does one-scene Skype calls. It’s easy, but it’s boring.”

^^ HE GETS 300K fOR *THAT*!! ^^

by Anonymousreply 11011/27/2012

Angus did support anti-bullying ( especially among the gays ). So, it's not that he's a hater, but misguided by a cult.

by Anonymousreply 11111/27/2012

He's in an anti-gay cult.

by Anonymousreply 11311/27/2012

I think the show has run its course and it is time to end the misery. The "half-man" is now a full man and if the show is to continue, it should be retitled "Three Men." When you have 2 leading stars whose antics are more infamous off-screen than the show itself, it's over for the show.

by Anonymousreply 11511/27/2012

[quote]This show is such a rip-off of the British show 'Men Behaving Badly'.

No, that would be the American version of "Men Behaving badly" that ran from 1996 to 1997

by Anonymousreply 11611/27/2012

Maybe symptoms of bipolar disorder.

by Anonymousreply 11711/27/2012

Your logic makes no sense r113. The group he is proudly part of is virulently bigoted against gay people. Absolutely he can be judged for that, he is choosing that a group he wants to belong to and whose dogma he wants to believe.

by Anonymousreply 11811/27/2012

R115 R116 Meet R29 and R30. It's like déjà vu all over again.

by Anonymousreply 11911/27/2012

Hey, I became a fundie freak too and it's worked out so well for me!

by Anonymousreply 12011/27/2012

I was in a Seventh Day Adventist mental facility. They would drum out gay patients and their therapists would make it clear that being gay was not acceptable, and this was(literally) a prestigious institution at the time. I remember when they outed a patient to his parents before kicking him out. It was a horrifying thing to witness. I took it upon myself, as a damn patient, to counsel the gay kids not to say a word about it to their therapists.

by Anonymousreply 12211/27/2012

People should stop watching it because it is a piece of shit. It stopped being funny around 4 years ago while Sheen was still on. No sitcom should go past 5 or 6 years. The kid is no longer funny because he is grown up and the title makes no sense; plus he is just stupid now. Jon Cryer plays a repulsive loser and moocher who the audience is supposed to believe would have such a hot girlfriend.

by Anonymousreply 12311/27/2012

R100 - I would take being exposed to Charlie Sheen nutiness to these fundie church cults. Charlie is just a bipolar drunk who is very entertaining; this church will be the ruin of this kid.

by Anonymousreply 12411/27/2012

R121, he's not a kid. He's an adult who has released a video to the public about his newfound cult. He's as fair game as Mitt Romney or Donald Trump or any other rich adult man who makes public declarations.

by Anonymousreply 12511/27/2012

He is probably losing much money over this, so there is no hypocrisy. You can not blame him for signing up for the show when he was 10, so this isn't even a "Why did you do it then?" Katherine Heigl situation. Of course he should donate for charity, unfortunately the cult is helpfully going to take his money.

This is his way of dealing with his fucked up childhood, much like drugs are for so many others. Could be better, could be worse, depends.

by Anonymousreply 12611/27/2012

Giving away his possessions is what Jesus has called for all of his believers to do.

by Anonymousreply 12711/27/2012

r124 Charlie is entertaining on the internet. You realize in private he shoots, beats and allegedly rapes people?

by Anonymousreply 12811/27/2012

Didn't the James At 15 star give it all away and become a Christian camp counselor and he's considered one of the great childhood actor success stories.

by Anonymousreply 12911/27/2012

Was Charlie Sheen mentioned in the nepotism/"people who never would have made it otherwise" thread? Sorry, can't be bothered to skim through all the pages.

by Anonymousreply 13011/27/2012

Haven't read the whole thread but has anyone addressed what his mother said? A news report I saw earlier said his mother thinks the cult is using him.

by Anonymousreply 13111/27/2012

R131...according to the Today Show, Angus's mother is very worried for him.

by Anonymousreply 13211/27/2012

Suggestion for Chuck Lorre: ditch Angus and replace him with Lindsay Lohan (as Ashton's long lost relative). Rename it "Two men and a crack ho". The ratings instantly go up, Lindsay is already in character, and you can pay her in 8-balls.

by Anonymousreply 13311/27/2012

The SDA is anti-gay? I only know them as a vegetarian Xtian religion.

by Anonymousreply 13411/27/2012

Apparently he's done an about face and has taken back all the mean and nasty things he said about his show.

by Anonymousreply 13511/27/2012

The producers must have given Angus on earful.

by Anonymousreply 13611/27/2012

A 'half' assed apology?

by Anonymousreply 13711/27/2012

He's issued an apology. What a surprise.

by Anonymousreply 13811/27/2012

[quote]I was in a Seventh Day Adventist mental facility. They would drum out gay patients and their therapists would make it clear that being gay was not acceptable,

by Anonymousreply 13911/27/2012

r127, that is untrue. Actually, Jesus only told one person, a rich young ruler, to sell his possessions, only because Jesus knew the man's hearts and thoughts and knew that the man valued his possessions over following Christ. Jesus exposed the man's inability to place God over things of this world. Obviously, other people followed and believed in Jesus who were not asked to sell their possessions, including the disciples.

by Anonymousreply 14011/27/2012

Like the large majority of Christian churches in the world, Seventh Day Adventists believe and teach the Bible, which says any sexual activity outside of heterosexual marriage is sin. So, if you think that makes them antigay, so be it. They believe gay people and all unmarried heterosexual people should be celibate.

by Anonymousreply 14111/27/2012

Yuck, r140, are you one of those prosperity gospel people that think Jesus advocated for great wealth? Take a look at modern American Christianity if you believe that has anything remotely to do with Christianity. Jesus did have his disciples leave everything behind to follow him. They traveled lightly dependent on the kindness of others to feed and lodge them. The entire life of Christ is one spent in and devoted to the virtues of poverty.

by Anonymousreply 14211/27/2012

Cue Kirk Cameron to weigh in before this week is over. I'm calling it. You just know he can't keep quiet about Angus' plight.

by Anonymousreply 14411/27/2012

I'm not a Christian for my own reasons, r143. Your Christ is obviously a rationalized abridgement of your own shortcomings as a decent human being. Don't pretend it has any more supernatural connection than to your own selfishness.

by Anonymousreply 14511/27/2012

I see you follow the teachings of Republican Jesus, R143.

by Anonymousreply 14611/27/2012

Angus is now claiming that he made a mistake, and is now apologizing.

by Anonymousreply 14711/27/2012

Of course he's been forced to apologise after a visit from the show's lawyers.

by Anonymousreply 14811/28/2012

Can you even begin to imagine the shitstorm that descended on this kid (and his agent) in the last 48 hours? Think how many lawyers, network execs, and studio execs have been involved here.

They probably just loaded the Charlie Sheen lawsuits and did a search and replace to insert "ANGUS JONES" everywhere the documents said "CHARLIE SHEEN."

Of course knowing Hollywood, he probably got a bump to $50,000 per episode and extra spiffs on the syndication and DVD sales to keep his mouth shut. No doubt that black preacher dude also has a development deal at Warner at this point.

by Anonymousreply 14911/28/2012

All he did was express his new religious views and correctly state he would be a hypocrite if he continued being in the show. He said he no-longer wants to be on so they should let him go, but a lot of people's livelihoods will be affected, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 15011/28/2012

There was nothing offensive or spiteful about the way he did this. I'm also noticing he apologised specifically to the cast and crew, not for what he said. He'll leave and the show's demise will be welcome.

by Anonymousreply 15111/28/2012

p.s. he's also twelve.

or something close to that. it's ridiculous that america puts "earns money in a sitcom" on the same level as "common sense".

by Anonymousreply 15211/28/2012

Didn't JC say something like "Blessed are the poor, for they shall inherit the earth?"

by Anonymousreply 15311/28/2012

actually r152 if you read any of the articles posted here you would know Angus is 19 and legally an adult.

by Anonymousreply 15411/28/2012

Is r143 for real or is this satire? Jesus hates losers like you! Don't expect Jesus to save you from hell if you can't make a few bucks. Hahaha There must be a new translation of the bible around at the "bible belt".

Yes r153, quite famously.

by Anonymousreply 15511/28/2012

Two turds landed in the entertaiment news world today. This, and Bill O'Reilly's ‘Gangnam Style’ video piece. He wants to get it but cannot.

This one was actually worser on all levels. Our culture is lost.

by Anonymousreply 15611/28/2012

[quote] This one was actually worser on all levels. Our culture is lost.

I'm speechless.

by Anonymousreply 15711/28/2012

The church is located in Fremont. WTF? Why would he go to a church in Fremont if he lives in LA?

by Anonymousreply 15811/28/2012

I swear, the SDA PR flacks shake their moneymakers better than the DL Scienos ever did! Praise Him!

by Anonymousreply 15911/28/2012

The Romans had the right idea when it comes to Christians.

by Anonymousreply 16011/28/2012

He's not wrong. Charlie Sheen said something similar AFTER leaving the show. He said it was all caca and titty jokes.

by Anonymousreply 16111/28/2012

I'd like to associate myself with R157's speechlessness.

by Anonymousreply 16211/28/2012

[bold]'I'm sorry if my remarks reflected disrespect to my colleagues': Two and a Half Men's Angus T Jones issues VERY halfhearted apology[/bold]

The Daily Fail is absolutely loving this.

by Anonymousreply 16311/28/2012

Ken Levine has a nice take on it in his blog:

by Anonymousreply 16411/28/2012

The badmouthing of Sheen's boss that probably led to him getting fired was "outing" the boss, Chuck Lorre, as a Jew (Lipshitz? something like that.) Lorre is a fucking asshole. Sheen's got HUGE $$contract on "Anger Management" even though show isn't as good.

by Anonymousreply 16511/28/2012

Matthew ch. 19 verses 16-30 for a laff.

by Anonymousreply 16611/28/2012

He should just disappear without any acknowledgment of his absence or existence. Let him become the new Chuck Cunningham.

by Anonymousreply 16711/28/2012

Thanks for posting that link, R164; loved reading it.

I'd like to know: what does Ashton Kutcher think of this? SHow was damn lucky to get him. Also wonder what rest of the cast and crew think? Hope they light into this fucking kid asshole piece of shit fugly turd Angus.

by Anonymousreply 16811/28/2012

Apparently, Christopher Hudson, his new "mentor" (I emailed you three weeks ago, and golly gee, you're already in LA!) has nothing to do with the Seventh Day Adventists, and he's a nasty bit of work in his own right:

[quote]the actor’s spiritual mentor is a controversial figure who has long been waging a religious war on the entertainment industry and liberal America. In 2009, he gained notoriety after releasing a documentary on YouTube called The Jay-Z Deception, in which he accused the rapper of being a devil-worshipping Freemason. He also has declared masturbation a sin and referred to President Obama’s health-care plan as a “carbon copy” of Hitler’s health-care policies. In a recent scaremongering video, Hudson said New York City’s post-Hurricane Sandy gas shortage was a harbinger of a food-shortage crisis and cannibalism, referencing a “similar” event in the Bible when the city of Jerusalem was seized by the Roman armies in 70 A.D: “It was so severe that women began to cannibalize their own children. Your baby may start looking like a chicken wing.”

by Anonymousreply 16911/28/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!