Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

"Two And Half Men" Kid Turns Christian Nut And Tells People To Stop Watching The Show

Video at link. We have another Kirk Cameron on our hands people!!!

"Two and a Half Men" might have another full problem on its hands.

No indication has been given whether or not the tenth, and current season of the series (its second under Ashton Kutcher) will indeed be the series last, but it seems unlikely the series could survive the latest controversy.

A new video has made its way to the web through Reddit, in which "Two and a Half Men" star Angus T. Jones rants about his new-found religion to website “Forerunner Chronicles,” and urges people not to watch the long-running CBS series.

The videos don’t appear to be a hoax, and feature Jones praising his spiritual adviser, who expresses his belief in apparent hip-hop conspiracies, before circling around to "Two and a Half Men" itself:

If you watch ‘Two and a Half Men,’ please stop watching ‘Two and a Half Men.’ I’m on ‘Two and a Half Men,’ and I don’t want to be on it. Please stop watching it, and filling your head with filth. People say it’s just entertainment. Do some research on the effects of television and your brain, and I promise you you’ll have a decision to make when it comes to television, especially with what you watch.

It’s bad news…a lot of people don’t like to think about how deceptive the enemy is. He’s been doing this a long longer than any of us have been around. There’s no playing around when it comes to eternity.

Neither CBS nor Jones’ ‘Men’ co-stars have offered any kind of response to the videos, and Jones doesn’t specify his plans to leave the series, but we’ll keep an eye on the story as it develops. You’ve been warned, but you can check out Angus T. Jones’ video proclamations below.

by Anonymousreply 8311/27/2012

by Anonymousreply 111/26/2012

Kid is on Drugs! Right?

by Anonymousreply 211/26/2012

whereeeeeeeeee

by Anonymousreply 311/26/2012

This is the third or fourth thread on this.

by Anonymousreply 411/26/2012

okay Im being a dimwit can someone direct me or link me the video pleaseeee

by Anonymousreply 511/26/2012

found it....HOLLY FUCK!!!!!!! What is it with america and religious nuts.

by Anonymousreply 611/26/2012

Here's an LA Times link.

by Anonymousreply 711/26/2012

I say lock him in a room with Holland Taylor and/or Conchata Ferrell. They'll knock some sense into this little douche.

by Anonymousreply 811/26/2012

Just wait until the religious nuts steal all his money for the cause of "God".

It's what always happens...the zealots target the very rich, very weak, and very dumb.

Then he'll have no money and will be signing autographs and selling his teeth.

If it's not one drug, it's the other for famous people with empty lives.

by Anonymousreply 1011/26/2012

So what will he be doing with his payoff from syndicated reruns of the show, which I'm sure make him a very wealthy young man? He must be donating all his money to fundie Christian organizations, right? I'm sure he is. He wouldn't want to be a hypocrite.

by Anonymousreply 1111/26/2012

He had previously done some anti-bullying advocacy. I wonder if he will turn his back on the bullied as well.

by Anonymousreply 1211/26/2012

He will now fade into the background like other child stars who grew up fat, unattractive and marginally talented (Jerry Mathers?, Fred whathisname from Wonder Years). I hope he enjoyed his career while it lasted. He has been dead weight (no pun intended) on this show since he got taller than his costars.

by Anonymousreply 1311/26/2012

To be fair he and his father on the program had a drunken three way with the dad's girlfriend on a recent episode. It's always been an immoral show that bordered on abuse concerning itself with an underage cast member. At least on the set of Brett Butler's program the star was the predator. On this program it's the scripts.

by Anonymousreply 1411/26/2012

[quote]If you watch ‘Two and a Half Men,’ please stop watching ‘Two and a Half Men.’ I’m on ‘Two and a Half Men,’ and I don’t want to be on it.

Alright.

He has been on that show since he was nine and he is now nineteen. He also worked before the age of nine on t.v. and film.

Kid is burned out is what it is.

Even though he is grown, I hope his parents intervene and get him a bit of help. He needs to maybe just call things a day on that show and get the help he needs in order to not wind up a basket base.

by Anonymousreply 1511/26/2012

[quote] He needs to maybe just call things a day on that show and get the help he needs in order to not wind up a basket base.

He's an idiot Christer. He's already a basket case.

by Anonymousreply 1611/26/2012

I'm not a Christian and I find the show disgusting and won't watch it.

by Anonymousreply 1711/26/2012

I always thought the jokes or plots were totally out of bounds for its timeslot and audience. I really can't believe they get away with some of it.

Now that said, this kid is NUTS.

by Anonymousreply 1811/26/2012

I have to say that the show gets raunchier every year. It is pretty disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 1911/26/2012

I think he has already outgrown the part and should be shipped off to college. Don't think he is even in every episode.

by Anonymousreply 2011/26/2012

"He will now fade into the background like other child stars who grew up fat, unattractive and marginally talented (Jerry Mathers?, Fred whathisname from Wonder Years)"

I hardly think Fred Savage belongs in the "childhood actor once now a pathetic loser" category. Fred's worked continuously in Hollywood, most recently behind the scenes as a director. Not the best, but certainly not the worst either.

by Anonymousreply 2111/26/2012

So is he quitting? If he's renouncing the show, why be a hypocrite and take a paycheck from the show? This includes the residuals. Give all his residuals to the poor if he wants to be a real Christian.

by Anonymousreply 2211/26/2012

[quote]To be fair he and his father on the program had a drunken three way with the dad's girlfriend on a recent episode.

...and?

Plots like those were the only reason I watched when Charlie was on.

by Anonymousreply 2311/26/2012

R24 is tediously provincial.

by Anonymousreply 2511/27/2012

I can honestly say I have never watched a whole episode of the "piece". Just snippets while surfing. Just the bits I saw would make me never to watch this dreck. Angus T. Jones is a stolid, untalented little shit who makes far more money than he is worth ($350,000 an episode) now that is immoral. I hope his little declaration DOES kill this piece of shit and teaches LaLa Land to be a bit more discriminating. But I doubt it.

by Anonymousreply 2611/27/2012

I agree with him that the show is shit; I don't agree with him that religious fervor is the solution.

by Anonymousreply 2711/27/2012

Piss of Christer at R28, and go back to your fundie board. You're not welcome here.

by Anonymousreply 2911/27/2012

R28, did you get lost on your way to the Christianity Today website?

by Anonymousreply 3011/27/2012

I'm no prude, but the show is raunchy. I saw one episode flipping through chsnnals, and one of the guys was in bondage gear with a ball gag, and they made a joke about getting blown. This was at 7:00.

by Anonymousreply 3111/27/2012

R28. I guess you're one of those Christians who hasn't bothered to read the bible. It contains a lot more vileness and immorality that 2 1/2 men.

by Anonymousreply 3211/27/2012

The problem is it is a gross show. Are we not allowed to criticize it because fraud Evangelists might criticize it? I think we can criticize both.

by Anonymousreply 3311/27/2012

[quote]I'm no prude,

If you have to start a sentence this way, then yes, you are.

by Anonymousreply 3411/27/2012

Umm, R20 - keep up? Kid was shipped off to the military - last season? I wonder actually if there is anything in his contract that forbids him from bashing the show? or, if a sharp CBS lawyer could intuit something? Poor Chuck Lorre (showrunner): first Charlie Sheen and then this. Mind you, I am NO fan of this show, and poster(s) who point out it's really slimy: agree. Other poster who pointed out the kid has only known this show makes a good point. But someone SHOULD talk to him.

by Anonymousreply 3511/27/2012

This must be such a toxic work environment. Didn't the other showrunner step down last year after making some misogynist comments too?

I can't wait for the whole story to come out in a couple years. It'll probably make the Laverne and Shirley set look like a circle jerk.

by Anonymousreply 3611/27/2012

It would be nice if there were intelligent shows on TV.

by Anonymousreply 3711/27/2012

R28 came for theSalvation Army thread, but stayed for this one.

by Anonymousreply 3811/27/2012

[quote]So is he quitting? If he's renouncing the show, why be a hypocrite and take a paycheck from the show?

I don't think it's hypocritical. He earned it per his contract. A contract that was ostensibly made before he went nuts. If he uses the money to promote more "filth" away from the show maybe that would be hypocritical, but merely collecting what he is owed under his contract is what he should do.

by Anonymousreply 3911/27/2012

The son on the show is so gross with his antics. One of the episodes where Ashton Kutcher was introduced the son barfed on his dad for a viral video gone wrong bit. It's toilet humor. Maybe the general public loves it, but I don't watch it. But I like Big Bang Theory though which is from the same guy.

by Anonymousreply 4011/27/2012

The show appeals to base instincts. Hope the kid gets an education so that he can better articulate what is wrong with the show.

by Anonymousreply 4111/27/2012

R18 nails it: Jones has obviously become a religious nut, but he's right about TWO AND A HALF MEN. Those two things aren't mutually exclusive. Even crazy people can be right some of the time. Of course, whether he should have publicly trashed the show while he's still on it is another matter...

by Anonymousreply 4211/27/2012

The show went to hell with no Charlie.

by Anonymousreply 4311/27/2012

[quote]To be fair he and his father on the program had a drunken three way with the dad's girlfriend on a recent episode.

Are you fucking serious?

by Anonymousreply 4411/27/2012

Stop acting so shocked, R44. Some of you are so bourgeois.

by Anonymousreply 4611/27/2012

His mother claims that he has joined some weird cult organization, and is worried for him. Didn't he once defend our gays?

by Anonymousreply 4711/27/2012

R46 that is incestuous. I would not want to have sex with a parent or fuck someone else at the same time.

Was the show supposed to be funny and why hasn't OMM boycotted THAT show?

by Anonymousreply 4811/27/2012

Did Kirk Cameron come by the set one day? This is bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 4911/27/2012

I feel bad for the kid involved in a $$$ type cult, but the show is nasty and vile at times.

by Anonymousreply 5011/27/2012

Who's the guy sitting with Angus? Looks like something interesting there.

by Anonymousreply 5111/27/2012

Angus is just 19 and is already going bald.

by Anonymousreply 5211/27/2012

It seems odd to me that this show seems to have such behind-the-scenes drama, but Chuck Lorre's other show "Big Bang Theory," everybody seems happy as a clam. I wonder why the difference?

by Anonymousreply 5311/27/2012

The poor thing he's turned from Angus T Jones to Agnes of God! Lawdy!

by Anonymousreply 5411/27/2012

I hope he dies in a grease fire.

by Anonymousreply 5511/27/2012

[quote]I wonder actually if there is anything in his contract that forbids him from bashing the show?

Standard boilerplate in every entertainment employment contract includes provisions that prohibit the actor from doing anything (even on his own time) that reflects badly on the production.

For him to call the show "filth" & urge people not to watch it is definitely a material breach that justifies immediate termination of employment. Of course, if new viewers rush to see the "filth", then the employer might choose to forgive the breach & give the kid the raise.

by Anonymousreply 5611/27/2012

I am an avowed atheist, but the show did a storyline once where his character was given the thumbs up by his father/uncle for taking inappropriate pictures of a girl who had been drunk, and it was strongly implied he had sex with her, and the show treated it like normal. Not like he was taking advantage of her, or that it was rape, which it was.

I'm ok with a lot of shit on tv, but normalizing a situation where someone sexually exploits someone who cannot make a clear consenting decision of their own is too far. Especially since a disturbing part of the meathead audience for this show don't find anything wrong with that situation.

I truly judge in the extreme anyone who watches this show and their, most likely, poor views on women.

by Anonymousreply 5711/27/2012

The guy sitting next to Angus goes by the name The Forerunner. He's the cult leader and the church seems to exist only on YouTube.

by Anonymousreply 5811/27/2012

Not true.

by Anonymousreply 5911/27/2012

[quote]The Forerunner

You mean like Sebastian in Brideshead Revisited?

by Anonymousreply 6011/27/2012

Time for Jake to be depoloyed overseas.

by Anonymousreply 6111/27/2012

[R62]: ?

by Anonymousreply 6311/27/2012

When I first saw Howard on TBBT, I told my sister, "Call the Anti-Defamation League."

by Anonymousreply 6411/27/2012

Wow, you've got a thin skin, don't ya?

by Anonymousreply 6511/27/2012

I don't know what some of the posters here watch on Sunday nights, but everything from football to catroons is filled with escapist violence and debauchery. IT'S JUST ENTERTAINMENT, not Sunday School! Most sit-coms nowadays go for crass irreverence. It's no longer seen as against-the-grain, more like the norm. Has anyone been watching all the 20something sitcoms and reality shows? It makes people laugh, period.

Who are the little old ladies or million moms posting here these days?!

by Anonymousreply 6611/27/2012

[quote] IT'S JUST ENTERTAINMENT

So was Amos and Andy, until the Anti-Defamation League rode up..

by Anonymousreply 6711/27/2012

The "Amos and Andy" analogy is ridiculous and makes no sense. We're not discussing hateful stereotypes or targeted discrimination. We're discussing sexual boundaries (which shows like South Park, Family Guy, Married With Children, Sex And The City, The New Adventures of Old Christine, etc have pushed way beyond anything 2 1/2 Men has done) - very different subjects.

by Anonymousreply 6811/27/2012

And you live under a rock r69, as obviously you haven't seen all the incest, bestiality, etc etc jokes in South Park, Family Guy, Christine, Married, Sex And The City , etc that came before. I'm not condoning any of those acts, they are put there after all, to make people laugh at the outrageousness of it all. They are not put there to teach little kids how to behave. Stop being such a Million Mom.

by Anonymousreply 7011/27/2012

A little kid saw his dad jacking off in a bathhouse in South Park and people are bitching about 2 1/2 men?!

by Anonymousreply 7111/27/2012

[quote]You're crazy, [R68]. Incest, multiple partners and sex in front of the character of Jake with his relatives and friends are the norm for Two and a Half Men.

So? WTF is your point by saying those acts are the norm? How the fuck does that have any relation to Amos and Andy? (the point of my post at r69). You lack reading comprehension.

In case you can't figure it out, I'm not saying shows like TAAHM are wonderful, I'm just saying the Amos and Andy argumentation is poor, by trying to force the round analogy usually reserved for liberal causes to fight, like discrimination and hatred, into the square peg of someone's sexual moral outrage.

It ain't working, Mom.

by Anonymousreply 7211/27/2012

R69, there has been no incest on this show, calm the fuck down. Whoever said Jake had a threesome with his dad was either lying or wrong.

But what does it matter? If you don't like something, don't watch. As for Angus, if you don't like your job so much that you release a public video denouncing it, then quit.

by Anonymousreply 7311/27/2012

My uncle loves this show. He's spending life in prison for murder.

by Anonymousreply 7411/27/2012

???

by Anonymousreply 7511/27/2012

How soon will the creator of the show make one of his credit messages about this?

by Anonymousreply 7611/27/2012

Angus is just a kid, and we should all worry about his involvement with a cult, and not criticize him so much.

by Anonymousreply 7711/27/2012

19 is hardly a kid.

by Anonymousreply 7811/27/2012

I'm sure he's giving all that "evil" money to his favorite charity or church. @@ Fucking idiot gets $350,000 an episode and is shitting all over the show that has made it so he doesn't have to work for the rest of his life.

by Anonymousreply 7911/27/2012

Charlie Sheen thinks Angus T. Jones is acting like a crazy cult member ... and believes he's melting down as a result of a "Two and a Half Men" curse.

Sheen finally broke his silence on his former co-star's videotaped verbal assault on the sitcom today ... telling People.com, "With Angus's Hale-Bopp-like meltdown, it is radically clear to me that the show is cursed."

by Anonymousreply 8011/27/2012

We should be helping the kid, instead of dissing him.

by Anonymousreply 8111/27/2012

Angus just issued an apology:

"I apologize if my remarks reflect me showing indifference to and disrespect of my colleagues and a lack of appreciation of the extraordinary opportunity of which I have been blessed. I never intended that."

Personally, I think this cult is controlling him.

by Anonymousreply 8211/27/2012

His black boyfriend is creepy.

by Anonymousreply 8311/27/2012
Need more help? Click Here.