Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Does Anyone Not Buy Christian Bale As Batman?

This is probably an unpopular opinion, but I really think he was awful. That voice he put on when it the costume was embarrassing. Who on Earth told him to keep doing that? He also looked nothing like the character in the comic books.

The Brits especially shake in their boots when they meet him because, "He's Batman." I remember Bale pre-Batman, and his career was in the toilet. He hit the jackpot getting the role.

I went back and watched all the films in the Batman franchise, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think Michael Keaton was the best.

Am I alone in thinking Bale was poo as Bruce Wayne?

Leave it to a British director to hire 90% Brits in the leading roles. There's a problem right there. Nolan couldn't direct women either.

by Anonymousreply 2011/27/2012

Didn't see the first. Fell asleep in the second one opening day. First time I ever fell asleep in movie. His low growl voice as Batman was ludicrous.

by Anonymousreply 111/26/2012

Me!

by Anonymousreply 211/26/2012

Christian Bale, toilet goer, was awful as Batman. I liked him in The Machinist and the sociopath movie.

Michael Keaton is Batman and should stay away from comedy. He does drama so well.

by Anonymousreply 311/26/2012

I thought Bale was a great Batman. Keaton takes 2nd place. You either love the voice or hate it. It's a matter of opinion I guess. The three films Nolan made were very entertaining and action-packed and that's what it's all about.

by Anonymousreply 411/26/2012

Bale was by far my favorite Batman and the movies he was in were the best of the batman films as well.

by Anonymousreply 611/26/2012

The Batman suit in the Nolan films sucked, he didn't really look that cool. The concept was obviously "American Psycho as Batman", so it was interesting enough. If you think about it, Bale would make a good Joker.

by Anonymousreply 711/26/2012

Bale was great as Batman...except for the voice of "Batman". It was ridiculous.

Horrible.

by Anonymousreply 811/26/2012

There was so much GSI action, I certainly couldn't fall asleep during "The Dark Knight Rises," but Bale's performance -- both as a wounded figure in the opening scenes, and later as a recovered Bat man -- was pretty deplorable. One problem with the trilogy is that the evil characters are so much more interesting.

That said, TDKR was overall virtually incoherent on a narrative level, so maybe Bale just didn't have much material to rise to. I just watched the new DVD of "The Empire of the Sun," and he was wonderful in that.

by Anonymousreply 911/26/2012

[all posts by right wing shit-stain # a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 1011/26/2012

I think it's time to stop making more Batmans, Spidermans and Supermans. Enough is enough. It's plain and pointless to drag on this.

by Anonymousreply 1111/26/2012

I disagree, R11, but they should delve deeper into the existing stories from the comics - there's real plots, character development, and some great villians there. Filmakers seem to all have the need to retell origin stories over and over.

by Anonymousreply 1211/26/2012

Hallelujah. I think Bale is a terrible Batman (not that there has ever been a good one - although Mike Henry was supposedly up for the TV series role before they decided to camp it up). I have to laugh when he does that weird Batman voice.

by Anonymousreply 1311/26/2012

Bale might not be a great Batman but he's a very good Bruce Wayne. I thought Michael Keaton sucked ass.

by Anonymousreply 1411/26/2012

I didn't like the growl either toward the end of TDK, but to me it had it's place. It kind of highlighted how his calm veneer was eroding and his Batman persona was not holding together. I think you're supposed to hear him and think "who is this lunatic in a mask pretending to be scary?".

by Anonymousreply 1511/26/2012

I hate his acting. I don't buy him in anything, let alone a rubber bat suit.

Maybe it's because he's a sub in private, but I just don't find him menacing. Regardless of his acting ability, he doesn't have any kind of charisma or presence on screen.

His voice is always weak, but in fairness, that was on Nolan. He was the one who tweaked it that way in post.

At the time of TDK, the fanboys were all anointing Nolan as the saviour of film, so no critic would dare have the balls to call him on it. Bale took the blame instead.

by Anonymousreply 1611/26/2012

Bale is pretty good, but chalk up another vote for Keaton. I thought he was perfect...quirky, socially awkward and batshit crazy (pun intended).

by Anonymousreply 1711/26/2012

Bale has weird teeth, i saw it briefly in one of the scenes in batman, don't remember which one but his teeth looked very fake, anyone got pictures of them?

by Anonymousreply 1811/26/2012

Who the fucking bollocks among you is saying that I was a shitty ass fucking Batman? Fuck you cunts! I visited the fucking kids at the fucking hospital in Colorado. How's that for you, cunt fuckers? Go fuck your mothers, motherfuckers!

by Anonymousreply 1911/27/2012

You're "buying" a grown man running around in a cape. After that leap, casting is no big deal.

by Anonymousreply 2011/27/2012
Need more help? Click Here.