Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Sick days vs work from home

I work in Silicon Valley. When people get sick, the expectation isn't that they'll take a sick day to recover, but that they'll just work from home. Is it like that everywhere now? Seems like you'd get better faster if you rested but no one does.

by Anonymousreply 611/26/2012

Not in my office. If you are too sick to come to the office, you are too sick to work. Sick people who show up are sent home. Many who stay home sick may feel a little better during the day and will log in and get some work done or participate on calls, but it's still a sick day. We have a liberal sick-leave policy that as far as I can tell no one is abusing.

Working from home is a case-by-case privilege granted to those who prove they are just as effective and productive in the office as they are at home. You can be neither when you are sick.

by Anonymousreply 111/26/2012

r1 sounds like an HR hack regurgitating the Sick Day section from her employee manual.

by Anonymousreply 211/26/2012

In our office we label them "pussy days" and "cunt-off days"

by Anonymousreply 311/26/2012

lol, not really r2. Just a seasoned old dog who appreciates working for a good company with realistic, flexible and fair HR policies.

by Anonymousreply 411/26/2012

Fuck you, HR, if I am too sick to work in the office, then I am also too sick to work at home. It's not like wearing jammies and running off to the bathroom to puke every once in a while equals productivity.

by Anonymousreply 511/26/2012

R2 sounds like an idiot. R1 is describing an extremely liberal sick day policy, hardly the work of an "HR hack".

by Anonymousreply 611/26/2012
Need more help? Click Here.