Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Lesbian NYC Council Speaker LEADING in Mayoral Polls!!!

New York City Council Speaker Christine Quinn leads among Democrats in the city's upcoming mayoral race, a new poll found. The Quinnipiac University poll released last week found Quinn holds a solid lead among registered Democrats, 32 percent of whom said she should be candidate. Quinn's closest rival for the Democratic nomination is former City Comptroller William Thompson with 10 percent. Public advocate Bill de Blasio received 9 percent and City Comptroller John Liu 5 percent. “Okay, the race for the White House is over and it's time to look at the New York City mayoral race, where the possibly decisive Democratic primary could be as early as June. The morning line? City Council Speaker Christine Quinn leaves the other Democratic contenders in the dust," said Maurice Carroll, director of the Quinnipiac University Polling Institute. If elected next year, Quinn, who married her longtime partner, lawyer Kim Catullo, in May, would become the city's first openly gay mayor. And the first legally married, openly gay politicians to lead a major U.S. city.

by Christine Quinn for NYC Mayorreply 2211/26/2012

She represents a district that includes Chelsea, the West Village and Hell's Kitchen which is basically the "Gay District". '

She has also gone toe-to-toe with Dictator/Mayor Bloomberg on many issues like when he wanted to fire 5,000 teachers and close 20 firehouses. Or when he wanted to demolish an entire neighborhood on the Westside so he could build yet another stadium.

by Christine Quinn for NYC Mayorreply 111/26/2012

NYC's first OPENLY gay mayor

by Christine Quinn for NYC Mayorreply 211/26/2012

She has also worked closely with that Dictator Mayor when necessary as well and likes him very much- he was easily one of the most important players in the passage of gay marriage in the state legislature. This and other issues where he and she have been effective are good things about her, FYI.

by Christine Quinn for NYC Mayorreply 311/26/2012

R1 = Shill.

By toe-to-toe with BloomCunt R1, were you referring to Quinn selling out and changing both her promise AND her vote by allowing him to be re-crowned king for another 4 years?

She's an obnoxious, inarticulate fake. It would be like having Rosie O'Donnell as mayor.

I'm gay and have always voted for her in the past, she's my council person. But my money and my vote will be going to someone else. Someone actually qualified and who isn't a sellout.

Fuck her. Hope she goes down in flames.

by Christine Quinn for NYC Mayorreply 411/26/2012

Bill Thompson is a much better choice.

by Christine Quinn for NYC Mayorreply 511/26/2012

Here are three good reasons to think twice about Christine Quinn:

1- As president of the City Council she operated a secret political slush fund which she used to dispense millions of dollars of tax payer money to political cronies -until it became public. She never apologized nor was prosecuted.

2- She sided with Bloomberg so he could go around term limits, which voters had approved on two prior separate occasions, so he could run for a third term. In return for her support in the City Council, she received various political favors.

3- She has sided with the police and fully supported Stop and Frisk. She recently softened her support a bit because she was the only one who supported it.

She is a corrupt hack and by siding with Bloomberg on Term Limits she really pissed off a lot of people.

I have NO intention of supporting her.

by Christine Quinn for NYC Mayorreply 711/26/2012

Show me one politician that doesn't have a little dirt on their hands. It's part and parcel with that career. Politics is always about greasing the wheel and keeping your campaign donors happy. It's true for her, it's true for Obama, it's true for every politician.

Get off your fucking high horse and get a grip. It would be amazing to have an openly gay mayor of a major american city.

by Christine Quinn for NYC Mayorreply 811/26/2012

Do you live in New York, R8?

by Christine Quinn for NYC Mayorreply 911/26/2012

Yeah R7, you should only call out politicians when they're straight!

What matters if that we get an openly gay mayor no matter what she/he has done!

by Christine Quinn for NYC Mayorreply 1011/26/2012

I don't care that she is a lesbian, she is a piece of shit. I would never vote for her for all the reasons others have already stated here. Fuck her.

by Christine Quinn for NYC Mayorreply 1111/26/2012

She handed Bloomberg his third illegal term as mayor in return for his support when she runs for mayor.

I voted twice against term limits and I will vote against Christine Quinn. I'll write in a candidate of I can.

by Christine Quinn for NYC Mayorreply 1211/26/2012

I'm voting for Bill Thompson. He's gay friendly and he has the most sound education policies.

Also, he wasn't a coward and had the guts to run against that cunt Bloomberg.

by Christine Quinn for NYC Mayorreply 1311/26/2012

Yes, r9, I have lived here for 7 years since last April.

by Christine Quinn for NYC Mayorreply 1411/26/2012

We'll see how things shake out during the primaries. It would be awesome to have the first female mayor of New York as well as the first openly gay one. Too bad that she endorsed Bloomberg's third term but that isn't reason enough for me to demonize the woman.

by Christine Quinn for NYC Mayorreply 1511/26/2012

[quote] 1- As president of the City Council she operated a secret political slush fund which she used to dispense millions of dollars of tax payer money to political cronies -until it became public. She never apologized nor was prosecuted.

She was and still is SPEAKER, not President of the City Council.

by Christine Quinn for NYC Mayorreply 1611/26/2012

She'll be the next Mayor.

by Christine Quinn for NYC Mayorreply 1711/26/2012

I would eat the shit right out of a dead cat's anus as long as it were wearing a sign that said "Hi, I'm gay!".

by Christine Quinn for NYC Mayorreply 1811/26/2012

She'll never be Mayor of New York.

She's too obnoxious, crooked and generally irritating. She also has that mouth breathing, community college graduate look about her,

by Christine Quinn for NYC Mayorreply 1911/26/2012

Houston has had a lesbian mayor for years, and she was re-elected last year. I'm glad to see that a cosmopolitan city like NYC is finally catching up with Texas.

by Christine Quinn for NYC Mayorreply 2011/26/2012

Right, R16, Speaker, not president, of the City Council. My error.

See how easy it is to apologize.

by Christine Quinn for NYC Mayorreply 2111/26/2012

[quote] I voted twice against term limits

My mistake..I voted on favor of term limits.

by Christine Quinn for NYC Mayorreply 2211/26/2012
Need more help? Click Here.