Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

I got raped by a plumber

And not in the good way. He charged about $700 for about an hour's worth of work fixing two different faucets in our house. I lack confidence in these situations and didn't fight him on it ... now my partner is furious. He says he's not mad at me but I feel culpable.

Is that amount totally outrageous? You always hear that plumbers are ridiculously expensive. Sometimes I don't think I'm cut out for home ownership.

by Anonymousreply 1611/26/2012

I thought you got raped the same way I did... by a score.

by Anonymousreply 111/26/2012

Thats a high cost if it was only labor, but if there were materials as well, you have to consider that.

Add to that any cost for entertainment by an exposed hairy ass crack or an unusually large bulge.

Oh, and grow some balls.

by Anonymousreply 211/26/2012

Timely post. I'm about to call a plumber to do various jobs around the house including a leaky intake into a faucet and some toilet repairs. I found someone with excellent Yelp reviews in my area going back a couple of years. But it's a crapshoot, I guess. Yeah, we're at their mercy, aren't we?

by Anonymousreply 311/26/2012

Why didn't you enquire about the cost before you hired him?

by Anonymousreply 411/26/2012

Can't you say the words, "Written estimate"?

by Anonymousreply 511/26/2012

[quote]He charged about $700 for about an hour's worth of work fixing two different faucets in our house

MARY!

You can easily fix that shit yourself.

by Anonymousreply 611/26/2012

OP, tool belt lez at R6 is right. Look on YouTube and see if there are any videos whenever you need to do anything around the house, and you'll save yourself a LOT of $$.

by Anonymousreply 711/26/2012

Seven hundred bucks? For an hour?

Was either faucet replaced? What parts were used?

That is a ridiculous amount. Ridiculous. And I live in Los Angeles. My plumber - not cheap -- charges $100 an hour for labor.

by Anonymousreply 811/26/2012

Yes, you were raped.

by Anonymousreply 911/26/2012

Have you ever been raped by a lawyer or an entire law firm? I have many times!

by Anonymousreply 1011/26/2012

Next time don't hire a plumber off of Grindr.

by Anonymousreply 1111/26/2012

Price range for Honolulu is $79 to an unreasonable $149 an hour for routine plumbing services.

On the face of it, there is more to your story, the work done or parts provided.

by Anonymousreply 1211/26/2012

[quote]Look on YouTube and see if there are any videos whenever you need to do anything around the house, and you'll save yourself a LOT of $$.

Exactly. Unless you're knee deep in sewage, YouTube is the way. It's not Brain Surgery and any hardware will have the supplies you need cheaper than what a plumber will supply by at least half.

by Anonymousreply 1311/26/2012

ALWAYS get a quote BEFORE they do the work and don't let them be vague.

I learned this the hard way when I was very young and it was a lesson well learned.

by Anonymousreply 1411/26/2012

The DIYers are proposing that a person who has absolutely no fix-it skills or experience repair his plumbing on his own? Without the benefit of even owning any tools? They ain't cheap and someone like that isn't going to be using them much again. It's like goading Baby Huey into a disaster.

Jesus, sometimes DL comes up with doozies.

by Anonymousreply 1511/26/2012

For $700 you could fuck him

by Anonymousreply 1611/26/2012
Need more help? Click Here.