Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

A drag queen was snuck into the movie of "Les Miz"

He's in a scene with Anne Hathaway, who says "It's not the first time."

Hathaway also compares her "I Dreamed a Dream" to Susan Boyle's and Patti LuPone's.

by Anonymousreply 811/26/2012

Bitch is Oscar bound.

by Anonymousreply 111/26/2012

"A drag queen was snuck into the movie of Les Mis".

Yeah, Hugh Jackman.

by Anonymousreply 211/26/2012

I'm sure several drag queens will be sneaking into a showing of Les Miz.

by Anonymousreply 311/26/2012

How the hell did she miss hearing Patti's version all these years?

by Anonymousreply 411/26/2012

[quote]So director Tom Hooper told her to simply do it differently and to think of it not as a song, but as "a howl from the center of your soul."

Howling, all right. Her voice also sounds like a cat's screech.

by Anonymousreply 511/26/2012

With a certain amount of vocal ability a good actor can do such a song justice, which is I gather what she has done. Sometimes you get both in one package, actress and great singer. Really that is what a good singer is, or that is to say a great singer is usually an artist- which mean if the song is a ballad, acting the lyric is key to the success of the song. Garland and Streisand are masters of this- as was Holliday (without the spectacular voice) and Peggy Lee (without the spectacular voice.) Sinatra and Nat King Cole were both great singers and acting singers.

A great example of how important acting and artistry in song is, is Joni Mitchell singing Both Sides Now as a young woman when she wrote the song, and more recently as a much older woman. He voice is a shadow of its former self but the song (a great one) is much more powerful in her later rendition.

I suppose the third attribute of the great singer is musicianship. A great singer sings at times like an extention the orchestra- or whatever the ancillary music to the vocal is.

In any case, in the clip of Hathaway I have seen she appears to deliver. I hope the movie is good.

by Anonymousreply 611/26/2012

Anne compares favorably to Susan and Patti. Susan can't sing and no one can understand Patti's lyrics.

by Anonymousreply 711/26/2012

[quote]Hathaway's character gets her hair cut so she can sell it to help clothe her child--[bold]a traumatic moment for the actress[/bold], who had music piped into her earphones to soothe her during it.

She is really milking it, isn't she?

by Anonymousreply 811/26/2012
Need more help? Click Here.