Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

My World Has Hit Rock Bottom

I'm 50 pounds overweight.

I'm over 50.

I hate my longterm job and will most likely get fired by the end of the year.

My entire family hates me including my mother who usually feels like my only friend.

I came to Datalounge for help....

by LIKreply 4211/26/2012

[quote]I'm 50 pounds overweight.

Lose weight. It can be done. Start walking for 45 minutes every day, and cut out sugar and most all carbs from your diet.

[quote]I'm over 50.

Nothing you can do about that, but that's not the end of the world.

[quote]I hate my longterm job and will most likely get fired by the end of the year.

That solves the problem of hating your longterm job. Find a new job.

by LIKreply 111/25/2012

OP, it will be ok.

by LIKreply 211/25/2012

((Hugs)) OP

In the words of Dory from Finding Nemo:

Just keep swimming, just keep swimming.

by LIKreply 311/25/2012

OP, what color are your fingers?

by LIKreply 411/25/2012

50 lb overweight is not a lot - I lost that and have kept it off. Just eliminate a few fats and carbs from your day & you're on your way.

I'm sure you mother doesn't hate you. Reach out to her, if you've quarreled.

Keep your chin up.

by LIKreply 611/25/2012

Start updating your resume now.

Join a gym, even if it is to ride the bike/walk on the treadmill.

Cut soda and fruit juices out of your diet; add more water.

by LIKreply 711/25/2012

Put negative thoughts of your family aside; you have enough on your plate right now. Save as much as you can, so you can survive on unemployment if needed. Losing weight will make you look and feel healthier and younger. If 45 min of walking is too much, start with 20 min daily. Is there any sport or physical activity that you enjoy? If not, what's the least objectionable? Would "the view" at the gym motivate you to go more often? Also there are minor things that you can do to start improving your diet. Most fail because they go to extremes and then get quickly disappointed.

by LIKreply 811/25/2012

Start looking for a new job now, OP. It looks better to be employed than unemployed when applying for jobs.

by LIKreply 911/25/2012

Have a good sleep tonight. Everything looks better in the morning and spend some time helping those who have less than you or are homeless with a local charity. This will make you feel like the great person you are. :)

by LIKreply 1011/25/2012

Your coming to Datalounge for help is the exact opposite of bringing coals to Newcastle.

by LIKreply 1111/25/2012

Many people show incredible disrespect to those who are overweight. As someone who had a great body most of my life I was shocked at some treatment I received - even from strangers - when I went through a fatty period.

I never even realized that kind of prejudice and downright cruelty existed.

OP, they'll like you when you're thin. Just kidding but not by much.

by LIKreply 1211/25/2012

OP I lost 25 ponds last year. I m 56 and feel great. I m meetimg a lot of new people. Some on line some not. Go for it.

by LIKreply 1311/25/2012

Honey, that's not rock bottom.

You can sink lower. It just takes a little more effort!

by LIKreply 1411/25/2012

Grey skies are gonna clear up!

Sit on a happy face!

by LIKreply 1511/25/2012

OP, I like heavier guys and i'm not heavy. If you lived here I'd suggest a blind date.

by LIKreply 1611/25/2012

Tomorrow is another day!

by LIKreply 1711/25/2012

OP, please do us all a favor and pick the location of your support demands more carefully, you fat tub of loser lard.

See what I mean? It's TERRIBLE here.

by LIKreply 1811/25/2012

Lol you came to DL for help? They will eat you for lunch. My advice is that it's easier and faster to resolve things energetically thru prayer meditation music dancing yoga anything that lifts your spirit and vibration. Try release technique.com/learning to work on removing layers of built up shit caking your life.

by LIKreply 1911/25/2012

I take it you saw Liz and Dick too, OP.

by LIKreply 2011/25/2012

Do you have type 2 diabetes? A lot of fatsos do. Stop blubbering about your blubber and lose the weight, you'll physically feel better when you're not a beached whale and a fatty, fatty, eight by eight.

If you get fired, lose weight going on food stamps.

Have you tried replacing food with cigarettes, booze or stimulant drugs?

by LIKreply 2111/25/2012

OP, are u a man or woman?

by LIKreply 2211/25/2012

R20 omg was it the bad? See OP your life could be worse. You could be Lindsay Lohan.

Seriously though. Stop drinking soda. If you're a coke drinker you can lose 20 lbs in a year by quitting. I know. I did. I drink Coke Zero or D. Coke now. And cut out the white stuff (bread and pasta especially). If you can't go to a gym, start walking and doing some sit ups at home.

by LIKreply 2411/25/2012

Stop drinking soda, but for heaven's sake, don't replace it with that diet soda crap. Aspartame is terrible for your health.

by LIKreply 2511/25/2012

Hugs and love to you op.

Lots of good advice on this thread.

by LIKreply 2611/25/2012

stick three fingers in your hole and make a wish

by LIKreply 2711/25/2012

R25 he might need the sweet taste . Do not rule them out as a temporary phase.

by LIKreply 2811/25/2012

R25 i knew someone would say that. I only drink it once in a while otherwise I only drink water or coffee. Of course artificial sweeteners are bad for you if you drink ten a day but in moderation they're fine.

by LIKreply 2911/25/2012

You come here for looking for help? You in danger, girl.

by LIKreply 3011/25/2012

There was a study released last year that showed that artificial sweeteners make you just as fat, if not fatter, than drinking regular soda. If that's the case, then what's the point of poisoning yourself with a substance linked to negative side effects such as blindness and an increased cancer risk? I know it's not easy to cut out unhealthy foods that taste good, but sometimes it needs to be done. Local honey or raw stevia are good substitutes when you need a sweet treat. There's even a brand of soda, Zevia, made with stevia if you absolutely need a soda fix.

by LIKreply 3111/26/2012

Start with the weight. It is easy to lose weight, and once you see the pounds come off, it will lift your spirits and make you feel better.

Plus, exercise releases endorphins and is a fabulous way to combat the blues!

by LIKreply 3211/26/2012

I have lost it before. The first thing I did was give up non diet soda(can't stand the taste of diet). Regular Coke is like crack to me. I enjoy walking but since they extended my hours at work I'm too tired to do anything..

The good night's sleep is one of the many good ideas you guys have given me..

My mother is angry at me because I told her she needs to go back to mental hospital (only for a short stay) but she still loves me..

I'm going to have turkey and dressing with a big piece of pie but I'm planning on cutting down. Will 3 or four 1 hour walks a week with 3 days on a 30 minute Elliptical machine( i bought one years ago but it bores me)do any good?

by LIKreply 3311/26/2012

ONE piece of pie. One. Don't eat the rest tomorrow!

by LIKreply 3411/26/2012

They said I wouldn't have to do math on this board, R33.

by LIKreply 3511/26/2012

R32, it's easy to lose weight? If that were true, everyone would do it. I've never had to worry about what I eat, but even I know better than that.

by LIKreply 3611/26/2012

Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start all over again.

by LIKreply 3711/26/2012

Easy to do if you want it bad. VERY hard to keep it off...

by LIKreply 3811/26/2012

If you're 50lbs overweight you won't have to worry about starving if you lose you're job.

Here's something even worse.

In California the family dog got swept into the ocean by a huge wave and as the dog struggled for his life the father, mother and son dived in to save their beloved pooch.

The coast guard has found the dead bodies of the mother and father and say the son has no hope of being found alive.

The dog swam his way out and now has no home and will probably wind up in the pound and be gassed to death.

by LIKreply 3911/26/2012

Hey OP Ive also hit rock bottom. Im the heaviest Ive ever been and because I gained weight my crush told me on a holiday me and him went 1 month ago, that I am not his type because of the extra weight, mind you months ago when I was alot slimmer he said Im to good looking for him. Also my beloved grandmother died whilst I was on said vacation. I was very close to her and I was a wreck.

When I came back I thought fuck dieting but now I am back on my diet. You have hit rock bottom but maybe things will be better again.

I hate having to diet right now when all I want to do is relax and sleep all day plus right now everything seems pointless like even if I loose weight so what life is shit anyway but then I try telling myself that I think that way because I am depressed-

by LIKreply 4011/26/2012

b

by LIKreply 4111/26/2012

You can do it, OP. I gained 30-40 pounds around the time I graduated from college and started working a desk job. It was humiliating and negatively affected my self-esteem in a major way. The fact that my girlfriend can't break 100 lbs despite subsisting on a diet of Mountain Dew and candy bars while I can look at food and gain weight didn't help the way that I felt about myself.

Last year, I turned 29 and something finally seemed to "click". I decided enough was enough and resolved to lose all the weight by my 30th birthday. I started with Weight Watchers and soon stumbled across Tim Ferriss' 4-hour body. I began to adopt some of the eating principles outlined in the book, which soon led me to the paleo/primal community. Once I cut out grains, most sugars, processed foods, etc in favor of grassfed/pastured meats and organic veggies, the weight literally began to melt off. I was back at my college weight in less than 6 months, which was an incredible feeling. The best part, though, is how much better I feel now--not just emotionally, but physically. I've always struggled with chronic headaches and neck tension but changing my diet has significantly reduced my pain by a good 90%. I've honestly never felt healthier or happier.

Trust me--if I can do it, so can you. All it takes is the desire and commitment to truly change.

by LIKreply 4211/26/2012
Need more help? Click Here.