Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Joe Strummer

Watching a documentary about Joe Strummer on cable and still can't believe he's gone. He seemed like such a cool guy and a great musician, not to mention so handsome. It's strange to think that today the likes of Justin Bieber and One Direction are considered musical greats. But I have the feeling, more than several decades from now, people will still be listening to The Clash.

by Anonymousreply 1212/16/2013

Who is "The Clash"?

by Anonymousreply 111/25/2012

He never brushed his teeth. Deal breaker.

by Anonymousreply 211/25/2012

His death was shocking and sad -- he was making good music right to the end, although his later work didn't get the attention it deserved.

by Anonymousreply 311/25/2012

Joe Strummer wrote history in the punk movement with The Clash and in rock music in general. The Clash is mostly him and Mick Jones and The Clash is one of the best bands ever.

by Anonymousreply 411/25/2012

I totally agree, OP. Such a loss - and how horrifying, what the music industry has become.

by Anonymousreply 511/25/2012

Great doc, too.

by Anonymousreply 611/25/2012

by Anonymousreply 712/15/2013

"Should I Stay, Or Should I Go?"

Joe Strummer = "he gone"

by Anonymousreply 812/15/2013

What's the name of the documentary and which cable channel?

His death was quite shocking given his age. But apparently he was a heavy smoker with a history of heart disease in his family, IIRC.

We had another thread about him a few years ago and there was quite a Strummer detractor who said Strummer was a vile privileged middle class middle class kid who got lucky by stealing music. Couldn't understand that one.

by Anonymousreply 912/16/2013

[quote]What's the name of the documentary...?

Most likely "Joe Strummer: The Future Is Unwritten"

by Anonymousreply 1012/16/2013

He is one cool dude. I've met him, hung with him after a show and he was very down to earth and nice.

I've met mick as well and he's also very nice.

I've also met Paul and he was very cool. Hung for hours drinking with him on record co.'s tab.

by Anonymousreply 1112/16/2013

Current music and the music industry make me puke.

by Anonymousreply 1212/16/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!