Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

I LOVE MICK JAGGER

I find that man charismatic, personable, BRILLIANT, and a singer par excellence. He speaks graceful French and possesses formal British manners. HE IS A MAN OF WEALTH AND TASTE, the consummate rock star, the type of man who is mysterious and omnipotent. AHHH!

by Anonymousreply 3012/01/2012

Never would have passed an American Idol audtion.

by Anonymousreply 111/25/2012

What about X Factor, r1?

by Anonymousreply 211/25/2012

The Beatles were better.

by Anonymousreply 311/25/2012

Charlie Watts is the true man of taste in that group.

by Anonymousreply 411/25/2012

GiMME MiCK

by Anonymousreply 511/25/2012

He was adorable in the 60's. Even though he is 69 he has aged badly. Paul McCartney, Eric Clapton and his other peers haven't aged like he has.

Does anyone one know anything about his current girlfriend L'wren Scott? They seem to be a real mismatch.

by Anonymousreply 611/25/2012

WTF. Jagger is a horrible singer, ugly as fuck, was always a scrawny, weak-looking bastard, and now he's fucking old. What you call personality, I call attention-whorish. Never liked him and he never had talent.

by Anonymousreply 711/25/2012

He seems to be so underrated as a lyricist, which is really puzzling to me.

by Anonymousreply 811/25/2012

George Melly once asked Mick Jagger why his face was so wrinkled. "Laughter lines," the old rocker replied with a grin. Melly quipped: "Nothing is THAT funny."

by Anonymousreply 911/25/2012

yes sugar, Mick Jagger is an awesome singer.

by Anonymousreply 1011/25/2012

I got off an elevator in a 2 story building in N.Y. and as the door opened, there was Mick. Thin as a rail, with an olive green raincoat belted and wrapped around himself. He looked me in the eye and gave me a friendly "Hello"! I couldn't think of anything else all afternoon.

by Anonymousreply 1111/25/2012

I once got mistaken for Mick Jagger's BROTHER by a pack of teenage girls in a swish nightclub. Yeah, I know. Doesn't say much for me.

by Anonymousreply 1211/25/2012

I always loved the Stones more than the Beatles for their sound, and they were edgy. But they stopped being interesting 20 yrs ago. Now they're just an over-hyped nostalgia band.

Don't misunderstand. I loved the Beatles. But the Stones were the "bad boys" and I love bad boys. John was my favorite Beatle followed by George. When they broke up, most of Paul's tunes lacked the substance and musicality that John's had.

by Anonymousreply 1311/25/2012

This ensemble, which he donned to his daughter's wedding, is downright unforgivable. He looks like Willy Wonka.

by Anonymousreply 1411/25/2012

Bianca looks like a warden in a women's prison!

by Anonymousreply 1511/25/2012

I agree with OP and r8.

by Anonymousreply 1611/25/2012

A smart cookie

by Anonymousreply 1711/25/2012

He negotiates all of their contracts.

by Anonymousreply 1811/25/2012

A scrotum with lips.

by Anonymousreply 1911/25/2012

Love that R11.

by Anonymousreply 2011/25/2012

He has got moves like . . .

by Anonymousreply 2111/25/2012

OP probably watched the documentary this weekend on HBO. But he's right about Jagger. He's smart and managed to continue to make the band relevant. The Stones is celebrating a 50 year anniversary with a series of 4 concerts, 2 in London, I think, and 2 in Newark. They had a warm-up small concert in France recently. They continue to pack auditoriums.

Jagger put together a business model in the late 70s that was revolutionary, because it gave the band most of the revenue from tours and other events. Before this, bands did all the work and record companies, promoters and managers took all the income. He's made all the band members a vast fortune.

Interestingly, although he has been good at keeping the band relevant and successful, most of his own solo efforts were not that great. I think he and Keith really need each other to be a success and had either died, the band would have been history a long time ago. He does remain a fascinating person, according to people who have spent time with him. He's very well read and is considered an entertaining, self-deprecating dinner guest.

Not sure what to think about his relationship with L'Wren Scott. She's a huge promoter of herself and much of her background has been fabricated. Maybe he recognizes a kindred spirit.

by Anonymousreply 2211/25/2012

Jerry said he has a Dionysus complex

by Anonymousreply 2311/25/2012

Where is the love?

by Anonymousreply 2411/30/2012

Took my mom out for a cocktail one Sunday and sat next to him at the bar. He was lovely, smart & interesting. I was gobsmacked and he chatted mostly with Mother. It changed my whole perception of him.

by Anonymousreply 2511/30/2012

[quote]George Melly once asked Mick Jagger why his face was so wrinkled. "Laughter lines," the old rocker replied with a grin. Melly quipped: "Nothing is THAT funny."

Probably apocryphal, since that exact exchange also supposedly happened between Jack Sheldon and a badly aged Chet Baker.

by Anonymousreply 2611/30/2012

is he a sex addict? does he still sleep with men?

by Anonymousreply 2712/01/2012

he's old enough it doesn't really matter.

by Anonymousreply 2812/01/2012

Jagger is underrated as a lyricist and musician-performer period. Most likely due to the massive attention given to his offstage antics: sex, women, kids, socialite life, more women, etc. Kind of overshadowed the music at some point.

Jagger is a shrewd bizman who's made untold extra $ millions for the Stones but he wasn't the 1st to promote the "first cut to the band" model in the 70s. That would be the late Peter Grant, who leveraged the huge early popularity of Led Zeppelin in the states by making deals with promoters giving the band the larger cut of ticket-merchandise revenue up front and a larger percentage of the backend as well. Jagger held mulitple talks w/Grant (whom he disliked and found "tacky") and Jimmy Page re. how they did business and copied it for the Stones to their huge benefit.

L'Wren is a dark-haired carbon copy of Jerry Hall. Near exact replica physically. Nuff said.

by Anonymousreply 2912/01/2012

A true original - soulful singer, charismatic performer, male fashionista, great songwriter (well, co-writer), unusual good looks when he was younger ... last good album was Tattoo You in the early 80s, though.

by Anonymousreply 3012/01/2012
Need more help? Click Here.