Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

After four delicious days of lounging, I DON'T WANNA GO BACK TO WORK

I have spent the weekend catching up on Tivo'd shows, lounging, napping, stuffing my face and generally behaving like a sloth. And it's been wonderful. I have absolutely zero desire to return to my back-stabby, catty workplace tomorrow. I do not want to set my alarm for 6 a.m., endure a craptastic commute on a smelly subway car, go to meetings where absolutely nothing is accomplished, eat some gross salad at my desk, return home exhausted, and then wake up to do it all over again the next day. UGH.

Anyone else feel this way?

by Anonymousreply 1311/25/2012

Just think.. in four weeks you will have more days off... more if you put in for the week between Christmas and new years! That always comforted me when I worked for the state. Now I work for myself.

by Anonymousreply 111/25/2012

OP, sugar....i feel for you. Lol. Have patience and dream for better days, what else we can do, anyway?

by Anonymousreply 211/25/2012

I'm getting laid off 1Q13, manager gave my dept a heads-up

So, no relaxing for me, just lots of stress

by Anonymousreply 311/25/2012

I'm with you, OP. This week I'll also have a bigger workload because of the holidays. The only thing I look forward to with my job is my paycheck. I'm thankful for that at least.

by Anonymousreply 411/25/2012

by Anonymousreply 511/25/2012

What R1 said.

But I'm nearly suicidal after New Year's.

by Anonymousreply 611/25/2012

Guys, stop acting like sick puppies! Everything is going to be fine sooner or later...

by Anonymousreply 711/25/2012

I'm with you. I need a vacation BAD.

by Anonymousreply 811/25/2012

Out of the workforce now(disabled) but when I worked, yes, I LOVED this 4-day holiday! OP, I understand perfectly what you mean. Loved being slothful and watching DVDs, sleeping late, the Macy's Parade; maybe a couple hours out to see films with friends. What I loved the most was that it was a chance to have a day off - the Friday - that damn banks and government offices, so often w/ holidays that I didn't get off: black Friday, they had to work. Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!

Hopefull you/most workers will have 12/24 off, TOO, this year, as Xmas is on a Tuesday?

by Anonymousreply 911/25/2012

Does anyone NOT think this way?

by Anonymousreply 1011/25/2012

R10, Yes. People with awesome jobs that pay awesomely.

by Anonymousreply 1111/25/2012

Lucky you, OP.

Some people (like me) don't have a job.

I am forced to live off my pension and inheritance.

Life's tough!

by Anonymousreply 1211/25/2012

You have an inheritance?

by Anonymousreply 1311/25/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!