Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Why Gay Shoppers Should Hit Target, Abercrombie And Starbucks This Holiday Season

Great news for holiday shoppers who will be hitting Abercrombie & Fitch, Starbucks and Target this Black Friday: all three companies get top rankings in the new Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Foundation's Buyer's Guide.

The report, also titled "Buying for Workplace Equality 2013," divides popular businesses and their related products into three categories based on their score on the HRC Foundation’s Corporate Equality Index. With a score of 100, Abercrombie & Fitch and Target rank alongside General Mills and Kellogg's as being among the businesses and brands to receive the highest workplace equality scores.

On the flip side, the Trump Organization, Urban Outfitters and even Tupperware received considerably less favorable ratings, placing them among the report's businesses/brands to receive the lowest workplace equality scores.

“It’s not often people think of ‘Black Friday’ as an occasion to take a stand for LGBT equality, but the HRC Buyers’ Guide is the tool fair-minded consumers need to do just that,” HRC President Chad Griffin said in an email statement. “With historic electoral wins for equality earlier this month, it is clear Americans care about how companies treat their LGBT workers.”

Check out the full rankings at link.

by Anonymousreply 2511/26/2012

Target told the HRC last year that it was NOT going to stop donating to anti-gay politicians. Yet Target gets 100 from these idiots. I guess nothing has changed at HRC since Solomnese left. Also, they never mention the anti-gay employment policies at BMW since all their A gay donators drive BMWs.

by Anonymousreply 111/25/2012

[quote]donators

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 211/25/2012

bump

by Anonymousreply 311/26/2012

HELL NO TO TARGET.

by Anonymousreply 411/26/2012

Abercrombie gets high rankings from HRC because the CEO objectifies rough trade on his personal jet.

by Anonymousreply 511/26/2012

Excuse me? Who was checking A&F? I thought it was well known that the company uses slave labor and is racist and sexist.

I refuse to buy anything from them even though I'd look hot in their stuff.

by Anonymousreply 611/26/2012

[quote]I refuse to buy anything from them even though I'd look hot in their stuff.

Me too!

by Anonymousreply 711/26/2012

Wait.... what? Then why have I been boycotting Target all year??

by Anonymousreply 811/26/2012

So where the fuck do I buy my stuff??? Family Goddam Dollar???? Seriously, where????

by Anonymousreply 911/26/2012

[quote] So where the fuck do I buy my stuff??? Family Goddam Dollar???? Seriously, where????

Hermes, of course.

by Anonymousreply 1011/26/2012

Chik-fil-A says they don't discriminate against gays, but the family owners that get the profits still donate a lot to anti-gay causes.

by Anonymousreply 1111/26/2012

And fucking Starbucks - at least in the UK! - doesn't pay any taxes and is dodgy beyond belief (tells investors overseas how profitable the UK operation is, tells the UK government the opposite - and tells the public it pays taxes - when in fact what it pays are the VAT charges its customers have paid for - and the taxes it withholds on employees' wages). Total scoundrels. Unethical and should be ashamed. Don't be supporting them!

by Anonymousreply 1211/26/2012

Fuck Starbucks

by Anonymousreply 1311/26/2012

glad

by Anonymousreply 1411/26/2012

Ah you do realize Abercrombie & Fitch is geared toward the high school crowed. Once you graduate high school you should NO LONGER be wearing anything from A&F.

George)Gracie you're late for the broadcast

Gracie)Sorry George I was at the aquarium

George)Gracie they moved the aquarium up to the Bronx

Gracie) Oh

George) Yeah, if you were there, there is no way you'd be here now. You'd still be on the subway. So where were you?

Gracie) Well...

George) I see you have a shopping bag from Abercrombie & Fitch

Gracie) No George it's just Abercrombie

George) What?

Gracie) Yeah, they moved the fitch up to the Bronx

by Anonymousreply 1511/26/2012

I thought J.C. Penney was the discount department store we were supposed to be supporting?

And Abercrombie is for high school kids in red states. J.Crew is for grownups.

by Anonymousreply 1611/26/2012

I've been boycotting Target for two years. Why is HRC approving them?

by Anonymousreply 1711/26/2012

because they changed their tune.

by Anonymousreply 1811/26/2012

check it:

by Anonymousreply 1911/26/2012

[italic]Two years ago Target earned itself the scorn of gay rights activists after the Minneapolis-based retail giant donated $150,000 to MN Forward, a political group that endorsed GOP gubernatorial candidate Tom Emmer. Emmer was firmly opposed to same-sex marriage.

Since then, Target has launched numerous pro-equality campaigns. It sold gay pride T-shirts online during June’s Pride month and donated part of the proceeds to the Family Equality Council, an LGBT advocacy group.

And in June the megastore stocked its shelves with greeting cards for same-sex couples. The cards have messages like “Two very special women, one very special love,” as the Minneapolis Star-Tribune reported.[/italic]

I still don't see where they've stopped donating money to anti-gay candidates for office.

by Anonymousreply 2011/26/2012

And a big "OH DEAR" to the home-schooled idiot at R2:

by Anonymousreply 2111/26/2012

they've made amends.

by Anonymousreply 2211/26/2012

r t

by Anonymousreply 2311/26/2012

I dislike Stsarbucks, and Abercrombie is STRICTLY for clones and twinks, although I seem to recall that in my far distant youth it was more like Brooks Brothers.

by Anonymousreply 2411/26/2012

The French-language pronunciation for Target is "Targay."

by Anonymousreply 2511/26/2012
Need more help? Click Here.