Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

This site is like a nursing home

You get a warm feeling only to crap your pants. The staff could care less.

by Anonymousreply 1511/25/2012

Why wouldn't it be. The only people that are on here are elder gays and straight guys who like to make fun of 'mos

by Anonymousreply 111/25/2012

Which of those groups do you belong to, R1?

by Anonymousreply 211/25/2012

I can assure you that what said R1 is not the entire truth. Many females and many gay young males are also in here. Datalounge is popular to all ages and both sexes.

by Anonymousreply 311/25/2012

Is there a DL-type site that is for a younger demo?

by Anonymousreply 411/25/2012

Yes your brain.

by Anonymousreply 511/25/2012

OP has dementia.

by Anonymousreply 611/25/2012

R6, you are probably right.

by Anonymousreply 711/25/2012

[quote]Is there a DL-type site that is for a younger demo?

by Anonymousreply 811/25/2012

[quote]The staff could care less.

Bizarre Americana. Don't you mean could NOT care less? It doesn't make sense..

by Anonymousreply 911/25/2012

Try Manvox, R4. They have a Youth forum.

by Anonymousreply 1011/25/2012

Grow up, OP.

by Anonymousreply 1111/25/2012

If this is a primary destination "warm feelings" site, you might be pointed in the wrong direction.

As for "the staff could[n't] care less", be fucking glad. They keep the roof patched and the light bill paid, otherwise it's a self-serviced holiday accommodation. The owners don't hover around to offer hugs or change your Depends, nor to scold you or smack your smack your hand when you touch a hot frying pan.

However, OP, you're inadvertently right about the site being like a nursing home, with threads about Liza, Judy Garland biographies, I Heart Anson Williams, Jerry Lewis, 1980s TV series, that dish Harry Hamlin, people who never made the digital TV transition and cling to their rabbit ears and tinfoil and three networks and memories... It's a goddamned Golden Girls Graveyard in here, of people for whom the high water mark of their lives was fully thirty years ago (after which it was just ailments, creaking bones, doctor visits, and complaints about whippersnappers.)

by Anonymousreply 1211/25/2012

r12, it sounds like you should leave immediately, then. Why don't you?

by Anonymousreply 1311/25/2012

I haven't seen any complaints [bold]about[/bold] whippersnappers. I have seen a lot of complaints [bold]from[/bold] whippersnappers. There seems to be a fair amount of ageism on DL. I think it's only a few posters because it comes and goes.

There's no reason why all age groups can't enjoy DL. If you don't want to read about Judy Garland, scroll on past that thread.

by Anonymousreply 1411/25/2012

[quote]Is there a DL-type site that is for a younger demo?

Maybe someone could start one. Under 35 DL and over 35 DL.

I'm surprised there aren't more DL type sites on the internet.

by Anonymousreply 1511/25/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!