Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

So what did Heath Ledger officially die from?

What substances? Was there a cover up?

by Anonymousreply 6011/22/2013

Olsen cocktail.

by Anonymousreply 111/25/2012

I think it stated that he overdoses from a combination of about 6 different prescription drugs.

by Anonymousreply 211/25/2012

Yes, there was a cover-up.

r1 is right.

There was also a question of suicide. His insurance company took the possibility seriously.

by Anonymousreply 311/25/2012

Alma, girl, I'm looking at YOU.

by Anonymousreply 411/25/2012

Really R3 ? I hadn't heard that before, just assumed the OD was accidental.

by Anonymousreply 511/25/2012

Among the drugs found in Mr. Ledger’s system were two widely prescribed narcotics: oxycodone, the main ingredient in the prescription drug OxyContin, and hydrocodone, the principal pain reliever in the prescription drug Vicodin.

Also in Mr. Ledger’s system were three anti-anxiety medications: diazepam, the generic name for Valium; alprazolam, commonly known as Xanax; and temazepam, which is sold under the brand name Restoril and is often prescribed as a sleep medication.

The drug doxylamine was also found in his system. It is an ingredient in some over-the-counter sleeping pills, and is also marketed in some nonprescription cold medicines that contain decongestants.

The medical examiner’s office provided only the generic names of the drugs found in Mr. Ledger’s bloodstream, so it was not known what forms of the drugs he took before he died. In a telephone interview, Ms. Borakove (ME) would not say how much of each drug turned up in Mr. Ledger’s bloodstream. She said such concentrations were not normally made public, although the amounts are included in the information given to a person’s family after an autopsy.

by Anonymousreply 611/25/2012

r5, the insurance company did a separate investigation of his death.

I heard a couple of different things at the time--one, that it was suicide, but they didn't want a long, drawn out battle with a child in the middle, so they settled, and two, it was inconclusive, so they were forced to settle.

Then there was the conspiracy theory that because high-level people were involved, someone at the coroner's office was paid to say it was accidental.

Pills are a huge market in LA; many, many people profit from it. The reason he had 6 different drugs in his system speaks to Hollywood involvement.

by Anonymousreply 711/25/2012

[quote]In a telephone interview, Ms. Borakove (ME) would not say how much of each drug turned up . . .

Ms. Borakove's first name wouldn't be Mimsy, would it?

by Anonymousreply 811/25/2012

wot? Thought she was busy outgabing her mome wraths?

by Anonymousreply 911/25/2012

I worked in Hollywood in more of the post production side of things, and I can tell you for a fact that drugs are way more available then in normal society.

Even in that environment I was one of only 2 people out of 30 not on at least one type of anti-anxiety/depression/mood disorder fill in the blank drug. My producer was on 3 different ones at all times and was proud of it. And that was just to get through the work day, the parting had not even started.

Actually available was not the right word, maybe I should have said the social norm.

It's totally plausible his death was a accidental OD. Insurance companies always want to find fault with the victim so they don't have to pay. So it's no surprise they want to say it was something else....that they just happen not to cover. As I am sure, his policy was probably in the millions of dollars.

by Anonymousreply 1011/25/2012

by Anonymousreply 1111/25/2012

who was the beneficiary for the insurance policy? I remember his estate was in a little disarray because he never updated his will or trust after he had his daughter. His sister inherited everything.....but she turned it all over to the daughter.

by Anonymousreply 1211/25/2012

I wonder if he was on the same merry-go-round regimen of uppers and downers that killed Elvis and Judy Garland. Who needs to take that many different types of relaxants unless they are also a speed freak who could never sleep otherwise?

People in the twenties bounce back quickly enough from their excesses to take the ability to do so for granted. Sounds like Ledger simply died of too much of a good thing, having endless access to every kind of stimulant and relaxant available.

by Anonymousreply 1311/25/2012

plus he was flying all around the world....the jet lag must have been brutal.

by Anonymousreply 1411/25/2012

I just don't think people - especially young people, but older folks, too - believe they can die from the recreational use of prescription drugs. I haven't played around with pills since my teen years and when I look back at all the things I would take at once, I'm amazed that 1) I didn't die and 2) I was so fucking stupid to do it in the first place.

In Ledger's case, another thing to consider is any respiratory issues. He could have had something as slight as a chest cold, but when combined with multiple narcotics, it could have easily turned deadly.

by Anonymousreply 1511/25/2012

Wasn't he banging that hideous gnome from the Olsen Twins? I wonder if she was somehow involved in the whole mess.....

by Anonymousreply 1611/25/2012

I think he had walking pneumonia in the weeks before he died, r15.

by Anonymousreply 1711/25/2012

by Anonymousreply 1811/25/2012

R16, did you not see R1?

by Anonymousreply 1911/25/2012

I think he was a cokehead too. He always looked like he was on speed and was losing his looks in a way that cokeheads do.

by Anonymousreply 2111/25/2012

It wasn't from drugs, but lack of sleep. Heath didn't sleep for many days, which caused his body to shut-down.

by Anonymousreply 2211/25/2012

[quote]Who needs to take that many different types of relaxants unless they are also a speed freak who could never sleep otherwise?

[quote]He always looked like he was on speed and was losing his looks in a way that cokeheads do.

Good guess that he was trying to come down from a stimulant bender.

by Anonymousreply 2311/25/2012

There was a coverup. And the Oslen twins got their drug dealer to clean up the place before the police arrived.

by Anonymousreply 2411/25/2012

There is just something so....unwholesome about the Olsen twins.

by Anonymousreply 2511/25/2012

It's not just you, R25. I found them trashy and dirty looking ever since they were on Full House. I know a member of their family, and they are supposedly hated within the family.

by Anonymousreply 2611/25/2012

"He ate too many Heath bars in one sitting."

by Anonymousreply 2711/25/2012

[quote]I think he was a cokehead too. He always looked like he was on speed and was losing his looks in a way that cokeheads do.

Don't they all do coke? I thought that was, like, equivalent to taking a puff of cigar or a sip of wine among the overpaid.

by Anonymousreply 2811/25/2012

Can you say more, R26?

by Anonymousreply 2911/25/2012

i thought he was addicted to heroin?

by Anonymousreply 3011/25/2012

He and Whitney Houston were doing crack

by Anonymousreply 3111/25/2012

Ledger took a few days off from shooting The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus some say because he came down with a cold. I don't think he wanted to kill himself but took a lethal combination of various drugs to fight off several health issues (like insomnia, depression and flu sympthoms) at once.

by Anonymousreply 3211/25/2012

R24/R29, there is resentment among the family members, especially regarding the twins' mother, because they have severely distanced themselves (or at least the mother distanced the twins upon their early success) from the family. The mother apparently feared that other family members would try to take advantage of them and only wanted to be around them to get at their money. According to the family member I know, many of the family members, including those of the twins' generation, really miss them as they only knew them when they were very young and wish to know them now. The twins supposedly haven't made any effort to know their family having been "poisoned" by their mother against them. There is also another undercurrent of resentment in that the twins weren't considered "cute" compared to their cousins, so their success was questioned. Again, some members blame the mother for unjustly pushing those undeserving "ugly" girls upon the public for her own benefit like a wicked stage mother when their own kids were cuter.

by Anonymousreply 3311/25/2012

What R32 said. I don't believe for a second it was suicide. He cared about his daughter and his craft too much.

by Anonymousreply 3411/25/2012

The Olsen twins may be the richest, most (in)famous hard drug addicts (and dealers, according to some) in show biz history.

by Anonymousreply 3511/25/2012

I remember reading Christopher Plummer who was working with him in London, said he was sick with the flu and probably pneumonia,flew home over their break. I also read he was a chronic insomniac who'd get desperate for sleep. I think it's like R32 described.

If you think about it, he was on location in London,so if he went to a doctor there and got prescriptions, then had a few prescriptions in NYC, I can understand how he came to have so many different pills.

I also remember reading that it wasn't a lethal amount of any single one, it was several drugs at normal dosage levels taken in combination that killed him.

I think he did drugs over his lifetime. Coke, heroin, etc. but once his kid was born he stayed clean, even stopped drinking. That's what I read anyway. I liked Heath.

by Anonymousreply 3611/25/2012

I remember seeing a pic of Heath coming out of some club a few weeks before he died and he looked like absolute hell. I thought then that someone close to him had better get in there and do something or he wasn't going to be around much longer.

I don't understand insomnia. I mean, doesn't your body just shut down after a certain amount of time? So many dead movie stars who just could not fall asleep without some kind of help. I guess the 'help" is really what is keeping them awake.

I know if I don't get my 12 hours a day, I'm a bear!

by Anonymousreply 3711/25/2012

[quote]The Olsen twins may be the richest, most (in)famous hard drug addicts (and dealers, according to some) in show biz history.

Which is incredible. Timing really worked out for the Olsens' window of opportunity.

I don't recall what was so captivating about them, their merchandise, or anything else that brought them into billions. And looking back, it almost seems like they beat Disney, et al. to implementing a similar concept (though their stars aren't billionaires).

But I don't know if the Olsens would have conquered so much if it had started a bit later for them, because they would have been competing with the personality empires and brands of so many other mega-stars who are now able to woo fans through a right plethora of outlets and media. Not to mention, there would have been so many other channels to choose from, and so much opportunity NOT to choose ABC or "Full House" in the first place.

They may be good at fashion-related things, so it's good that they're doing something at which they excel. But would they be supporting themselves in that industry if they hadn't been baby actors? Well, they certainly wouldn't have as much power and free time as they did by college grad age.

They really do seem the epitome of those rare "right place at the right time" lives. Phew.

by Anonymousreply 3811/25/2012

The reason there were so many drugs in his system was he was given a bottle of "pills" common in LA that are actually mixtures of multiple drugs.

They are made to order and many celebrities are clients.

On the bottle it will say something legitimate, but they are actually put together by the dealers who have a network of corrupt doctors and associates who get the drugs.

That's why the Olsen twin wanted to get everything out that might incriminate her, avoiding a domino effect that could bring the system down.

This was also a concern with Brittany Murphy, another death that was attributed to other causes, like pneumonia.

by Anonymousreply 3911/25/2012

death was from a anal hair ball from Jake's fury hole

by Anonymousreply 4011/25/2012

"I don't recall what was so captivating about them, their merchandise, or anything else that brought them into billions."

I don't think they were ever captivating, but they were marketed specifically to little girls, when not much media was. Their careers were a triumph of merchandising, nothing else.

So now the little trolls have unlimited drug money. I hope their parents think it was worth it.

by Anonymousreply 4111/25/2012

Surprise anal

by Anonymousreply 4211/26/2012

the Olsen cunts are very hard drug whores The NYPD needed to dig deeper into their involvement

by Anonymousreply 4311/26/2012

Will somebody please start a thread about the dark, twisted Olsen midgets?

by Anonymousreply 4411/26/2012

Wasn't there some dark twisted BI about sisters getting their underage sister high on drugs for the evil older sisters' amusement? I seem to recall a lot of posters suspected the Olsen Twins.

by Anonymousreply 4511/26/2012

that was a CDAN blind item R45

by Anonymousreply 4611/26/2012

[quote]Just two months ago, Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen's $39,000 alligator skin backpack sold out at Barneys. Now the design duo for The Row have gone one step further, releasing a $55,000 backpack adorned with prescription pills.

by Anonymousreply 4712/06/2012

Before he died, Heath Ledger was "dating" Lindsay Lohan.

by Anonymousreply 4812/06/2012

No, R48, she would sometimes run into him, partying and he was nice to her. They never dated and they never fucked except in her vivid imagination.

After he died, her mother made comments about "Lindsay is afraid of ending up like Heath, she was close to him, etc" Later, Lindsay and her publicist backtracked and said the were just friends, that she knew him socially, they'd sometimes run into each other at parties.

Heath probably did a lot of stupid things, but Lindsay Lohan wasn't one of them. As greedy and nasty and desperate as she & her mother are, don't you think by now she would have sold a Heath story?

by Anonymousreply 4912/06/2012

I find it hard to believe Ledger was not aware that mixing meds is a terrible idea so I won't give him that.

What I think happened is that he was unhappy, depressed, anxious, suffering from insomnia (maybe all of these) and he turned to drugs thinking they would help. The drugs made everything worse, he took more drugs and it snowballed.

I did the same thing, but I managed to make it out alive because a friend gave me no choice. She had a neighbor who was a doctor with a good background in pharmacology and he knew how to detox me. He did it very slowly and carefully, while I stayed in her guest house and she took care of me.

I knew I was taking a lethal combination of drugs, but I was in so deep I didn't know how to get out. I didn't want to die but I was desperately unhappy.

Ledger seems to have had many enablers, some of whom have some moral responsibility for his death. The Olsens seem to be among that group and perhaps Lohan. I'm not sure who else was involved.

by Anonymousreply 5012/06/2012

R50, I wouldn't consider someone like Lindsay an enabler. She was just another substance abuser out there partying. Maybe the Olsens, because I read somewhere thatone of them allegedly might have sometimes sold or procured drugs for others.

But IMO,the main enablers for Heath were the directors,fellow actors on his movie sets, the friends who did not use, the relatives,all of whom knew or suspected, and didn't do enough to intervene. Heath needed someone who loved him to knock him on his ass.

It was so obvious to anyone looking at him or looking at photographs of him that by October, three months before he died, he was gaunt, waxen, and thinner than ever, and clearly unwell. He had death written on his face.

by Anonymousreply 5112/06/2012

I agree r50 that Heath knew that mixing meds was a bad idea but thought he'd be okay and was probably desperate enough to take the risk. Also, your friend sounds like a real keeper.

Didn't Michelle break up with him because she tried to help him overcome his drug/medication/whatever it was addiction but he refused to get help and she didn't want Matilda exposed to that anymore?

I also wonder about his parents. They live in Australia so obviously they spent long periods of time away from him. But surely when they were around him they must have picked up that something was wrong?

by Anonymousreply 5212/06/2012

I agree, R52. My friend is definitely a keeper. She and I live across the country from each other now, but she saved my life. That's not something I'll never forget or diminish in any way.

I heard the same thing about Michelle, that she tried to get help for him and to get him to stop. It wasn't good for Matilda or her to be around him, and that's why she left. I'm sure it was a miserable existence until she finally had enough. It's horrible to watch someone you love die from something preventable, and he was definitely on his way out for some time before it finally happened.

by Anonymousreply 5312/06/2012

never = ever

by Anonymousreply 5412/06/2012

OP, I can tell you what he didn't die from:

An overdose of cocaine from the fabled MK&A Private Reserve.

by Anonymousreply 5512/06/2012

Found half-eaten by a forest troll.

by Anonymousreply 5612/06/2012

I had heard somewhere that he had failed the insurance physical to do Tree of Life and him bowing out due to 'family issues' was just cover up for his drug habit.

by Anonymousreply 5712/06/2012

He's wasn't really that special...and he cavorted with other uneducated people with money, like the Olsons. They are nothing. Never did anything and there's never any talk about them having hobbies. Common people don't realize the edge having a hobby gives you. Common people & celebs need to recognize how much more of an edge you are as a person if you have an outside interest. It DOES determine your worth. Think.

by Anonymousreply 5812/06/2012

Love the Ledge

by Anonymousreply 5911/22/2013

Was any semen found in his anal cavity?

by Anonymousreply 6011/22/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!