It's gone up to $425 million.

by Anonymousreply 3611/29/2012

Cool beans!

by Anonymousreply 111/25/2012

This is when it gets crazy...

by Anonymousreply 211/25/2012

Damn!! There goes my retirement plan.

by Anonymousreply 311/25/2012

Warn you bitches right now. If I win, I'm turning Republican.

by Anonymousreply 411/25/2012

[quote]If I win, I'm turning Republican.

Won't do you any good, blossom. We'll still be taking our 35% right off the top, before you even get a check!

by Anonymousreply 511/25/2012

i think you can expect ~50% to disappear if you choose the annuity

by Anonymousreply 611/25/2012

I thought that if you choose annuity you get to keep more of it in the long run. Lump sum takes more off the top initially.

My logic is, you don't know if you're going to be alive next year, next month or even tomorrow. So choosing annuity is definitely a gamble.

by Anonymousreply 711/25/2012

That is a tax on the poor and stupid.

by Anonymousreply 811/25/2012

Chance of winning Powerballs: 1 in 72 million

Chance of getting struck by lightening: 1 in 1 million

by Anonymousreply 911/25/2012

Good! I was too lazy, and cold, to get dressed to go to the local bodega/lotto joint last night. Now I have a chance to win almost half a billion dollars in one fell swoop. If I do win, you know I'm going to change my tune about taxing the rich faster than I change my underwear. I think you can stay anonymous and claim the Powerball jackpot unlike Mega Millions and Lotto in New York State. Me likey. I'm going to leave everything in my shitty apartment, lock the door, and mail my landlord the keys. After I ask the post office to hold my mail of course.

by Anonymousreply 1011/25/2012

Yes, the odds are certainly not in your favor -- but that was also true for each of the people who have won. And two dollars for a chance at that amount of money? Why not.

The lump sum payout, after taxes, is roughly about a third of the total.

by Anonymousreply 1111/25/2012

Scumbag R10. If I win, I'm funding liberal causes and a private investigator to dig up dirt on R10 and put him in jail for life.

by Anonymousreply 1211/26/2012

When you win, the IRS is there waiting at lottery headquarters and they get their cut immediately. You turn around and become Republican to not pay taxes is too little too late. But perhaps you are meant to be a Republican because you have no grasp of how things actually work.

by Anonymousreply 1311/26/2012

[quote]i think you can expect ~50% to disappear if you choose the annuity

How'd you get so far in life, being so retarded?

[quote]And two dollars for a chance at that amount of money? Why not.

As the man said, "A tax on the stupid"

by Anonymousreply 1411/27/2012

Please don't waste your two dollars on playing the Powerball, r19 andr13. Spend it on a couple of fleets enemas instead. Clearly, you two are backed up to your necks. When did DL become the place where a sense of humor goes to die?

by Anonymousreply 1511/27/2012

[quote]Please don't waste your two dollars on playing the Powerball, [R19] andr13.

LOL the stupid fuckin' moron can't even post right.

It's one thing to be a douche but when you try to be witty and fail, it makes you the biggest one yet.

LOL

by Anonymousreply 1611/27/2012

The annuity option is now up to $500 million. Cash payout would be $327.4 million.

by Anonymousreply 1711/28/2012

Can out of state people buy a ticket?

by Anonymousreply 1811/28/2012

Yes

by Anonymousreply 1911/28/2012

I bought one for 2 bucks and got 1 free with a coupon... if you can believe that.

I get them in the mail from the GA lottery people.

Used the coupon.... buy 1 powerball, get 1 free.

Think I will also use the Fantasy 5 and instant game coupons. Both expire Dec 31.

by Anonymousreply 2011/28/2012

It's up to $550 million.

by Anonymousreply 2111/28/2012

In for the win.

by Anonymousreply 2211/28/2012

You are literally more likely to win the U.S. presidency than win the Powerball, but hey, your state probably needs the revenue, so why not wish on a dream?

by Anonymousreply 2311/28/2012

[quote]I get them in the mail from the GA lottery people.

What...you can get lotto tickets in the mail in GA? I have never heard of getting lotto tickets in the mail! That is some ghetto shit right there, but I like it!

by Anonymousreply 2411/28/2012

I still remember back when a group of Irish Travelers from Murphy Village, SC managed to fix the Georgia lottery.

by Anonymousreply 2511/28/2012

I just got back from the grocery store - there were more people in the ticket kiosk line than in the check-out lanes! The store had assigned an employee to assist people buying tickets, so that the line would move faster.

by Anonymousreply 2611/28/2012

[quote]Cash payout would be $327.4 million.

I think I could manage on that sort of income.

by Anonymousreply 2711/28/2012

My mother has 2 children, three grandchildren, 6 living siblings and about 40 nieces and nephews. She bought tickets and told me of her plans if she won.

She said, "I will have a hard time splitting the money between all of my relatives. I will need a list and a calculator so I can give everyone an equal amount of money."

I said, "You will split it three ways between you, me and Sis," I said, "and then split your third among your relatives, right?"

"Of course not! Everyone will get an equal amount."

I said, "Ma, there are nieces and nephews you haven't seen in 25 years. You will give them as much money as you will give to your own children?"

"Of course I will!"

Just to let you know --- one of her brothers actually did win the lottery. He took his siblings to see the old country, but he did not split his money equally between anyone else. He gave a $100,000 to each of his 3 kids and kept the rest.

When I was a kid, I never got any gifts from my mother's parents or from my aunts or uncles at Christmas, but every Christmas Eve my mother would pull a huge bag out of her closet filled with gifts for her nieces and nephews. It was my job to wrap them. Thirty or so gifts! I stopped wrapping them when I was a teen. I said, "I've never received a birthday or Christmas gift from anyone in your family," and she said, "That's because I told them not to give you anything. You and your sister don't need gifts from anyone but your parents. But my poor brothers and sisters don't have enough money to give lots of presents to their kids." Meanwhile, in reality, my sister and I got few gifts while my cousins had gifts piled to the ceiling on Christmas Day. In my mother's mind, her brothers and sisters and their children are "poor things," but my sister and I don't need anything. I went without gloves in winter, but she had the money to buy crap for cousins who weren't even at my grandparents' house on Christmas day.

by Anonymousreply 2811/28/2012

If it's any consolation, R28, your mother won't win the Powerball lottery.

by Anonymousreply 2911/28/2012

The coupons come in the mail, r24, not the tickets.

Course, it encourages gambling, but I'm still gonna use a few more of them. Such as....

Buy 1 Fantasy 5 ticket, get one Fantasy 5 ticket free (much better odds than powerball)

Buy 1 scratch off ticket, get a dollar off another.

And you should see the looks I get from the clerks when I use them. LOL! I don't think they see them very often, but a coupon is a coupon.

by Anonymousreply 3011/28/2012

What time do they have the Powerball drawing?

by Anonymousreply 3111/28/2012

11:00 p.m. Eastern on ABC.

by Anonymousreply 3211/28/2012

Was there a winner last night?

by Anonymousreply 3311/29/2012

There were 2 winning tickets, R33.

by Anonymousreply 3411/29/2012

[bold] Winning Powerball Tickets Sold in Arizona and Missouri [/bold]

by Anonymousreply 3511/29/2012

Damn!

by Anonymousreply 3611/29/2012
Need more help? Click Here.