Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Sally Field vs. Anne Hathaway

Let's settle this.

Who do you want to win Best Supporting Actress at the Oscars?

by Anonymousreply 8211/26/2012

Anne wants it too much.

by Anonymousreply 111/25/2012

Just saw Lincoln --she ws extraordinary (as we're DDL and. TLJ)

by Anonymousreply 211/25/2012

Since there are probably less than 200 people alive who have seen both performances, this is a ridiculous question.

But you knew that.

by Anonymousreply 311/25/2012

Sally and her gay son made such PR points already hard to beat. Anne will have to broker a middle east peace accord to take the prize.

by Anonymousreply 411/25/2012

But Anne has an openly gay brother M, whom she mentions in nearly every interview.

Her parents have donated a lot of time and $ to marriage equality efforts in NY as well.

by Anonymousreply 511/25/2012

Having seen both performances, I say Anne, without a question or doubt. And I also say that as one who thinks Lincoln is the best movie of the year.

by Anonymousreply 611/25/2012

"Since there are probably less than 200 people alive who have seen both performances, this is a ridiculous question."

I didn't say who do you JUDGE will win it; I asked who do you WANT to win.

That's a very different question.

by Anonymousreply 711/25/2012

bitchy much r3.....there was a screening yesterday at Alice Tully Hall which holds more than 200 plus the London screening etc....

plus you are the "but you knew that troll"

please kill yourself and make the world a better place by not being in it!!!

by Anonymousreply 811/25/2012

I think the Best Actress race will influence this. If Jennifer Lawrence becomes the Best Actress favorite they won't want to award Hathaway also....too many young glamour girls winning will anger they older voters and throw it to Sally.

Please the straight men who voted for "Crash" will think Les Miz is to gay.

by Anonymousreply 911/25/2012

Sally Field was in 'Soapdish' so she deserves all the awards.

by Anonymousreply 1011/25/2012

Sally Field all the way. She's genuine, a pro, and totally self-deprecating. Anne Hathaway is a phony bitch who has been forced down the public's throat for like 12 years now. It'd be so funny if the Feds tracked some of her ex's crimes to her and they raided her house the night before the Oscar nominations.

by Anonymousreply 1111/25/2012

I've seen financial reporters discuss the Hathaway fiance case and say it is really hard to believe she had no idea that he was up to illegal stuff.

by Anonymousreply 1211/25/2012

Hathaway was a ditzy starlet when she teamed up with the Italian con not a finance expert. It’s silly to believe she had a full clue. VF did an article on him after his arrest, said he was an arrogant but smart prick who fast-talked his way into everything he did.

Hathaways parents had a clue early on because her father had him investigated. Even then she didn’t listen and kept on. He was typical sexist Italian in that he didn’t discuss or explain his business dealings with her and she didn’t ask. Once it became obvious how bad he was her team forced her to dump him and even then she resisted as long as possible. Not because she was guilty but b/c she was young, stubborn and spoiled.

by Anonymousreply 1311/25/2012

What is the buzz on her new husband. (Does he mind being called Mr. Hathaway?)

by Anonymousreply 1411/25/2012

The younger one always wins -- just ask Lauren Bacall.

by Anonymousreply 1511/25/2012

or Meryl, Helen Mirren, Monique, Jessica Tandy, Judi Dench, Melissa Leo,....

by Anonymousreply 1611/25/2012

Hahaha, Supporting Actresses.

See you bitches in LEAD.

by Anonymousreply 1711/25/2012

Please don't give an Oscar to Anne, she's insufferable enough.

An Oscar to Sally says, "Hey Streep! You're not the only game in town!" I LOVE IT.

by Anonymousreply 1811/25/2012

Dont think they will give it to sally. Third oscars are rare. Even daniel day lewis as great as he was in lincoln will have to overcome this. If anyone can pull it off it would be him not her. He stands the best chance or maybe tommy lee jones for supporting. I just cant see voters awarding second and third oscars to three performers and not rewarding someone a first.

by Anonymousreply 1911/25/2012

If The Academy wanted to give Anne Hathaway an Oscar they would've given it to her for Rachel Getting Married. Clearly, they did not.

by Anonymousreply 2011/25/2012

Please, Rachel Getting Married was Hathaway's first nomination and she was up against 6-time nominee Kate Winslet. Hathaway was never winning against Kate, no one was.

by Anonymousreply 2111/25/2012

Is Lange seriously being considered for an Oscar this year? I would've voted for Sally but if Lange's a contender, I might reconsider.

by Anonymousreply 2211/25/2012

"bitchy much [R3].....there was a screening yesterday at Alice Tully Hall which holds more than 200 plus the London screening etc....

plus you are the "but you knew that troll"

please kill yourself and make the world a better place by not being in it!!!"

Yes, Tully Hall holds more than 200, but it doesn't follow that all 200 of those people have seen Lincoln.

But you knew that.

Or maybe you are simply too dumb to figure that out.

And, yes, I'm bitchy at times. If you can't be bitchy on DL, where can you be?

Finally, even if there are 500 people who have by now seen both performances - which I doubt - how many of them do you think are actually seeing and responding to this thread on DL?

The great majority of people weighing in have probably not even seen "LIncoln", let alone both "Lincoln" and "Les Mis."

But you..... well I guess no, you simply couldn't figure that out.

by Anonymousreply 2311/25/2012

The only place where I've seen Field predicted to win, or even as a major threat to Hathaway is here on DL. Hathaway has always been the favorite, and she will win. Probably the only acting win for Les Miserables.

Field has two lead oscars, and her second is now seen by many as a really weak win (those who remember that mediocre movie). A third would put her in a category with Meryl Streep and Ingrid Bergman. Say what you want but most voters take that in mind. Why do you think it took Streep 20 something years to win again? every time she was nominated they had a chance to award a fresh, young actress in a hit or with a showy role or an overdue, oscarless veteran.

Previous winners Field and Hunt are locks for nominations, but that's it. Watch Hathaway sweep the industry awards.

by Anonymousreply 2411/25/2012

Try reading The Hollywood Reporter, R24, instead of your Daily Digest of Anne Hathaway News.

by Anonymousreply 2511/25/2012

R24 Best Supporting Actress is the one category that has had the most surprise wins over the last twenty years.

Yes, there have been severaal locks in that category who have gone on to win it. But there have also been a few alleged "locks" who swept all the other awards, but lost out on the oscar.

Hathaway doesn't have it in the bag.

by Anonymousreply 2611/25/2012

Funny how both films, Les Miz and Lincoln, are without substantial female leads.

Could either film make a plea to nominate Sally or Anne for lead?

Especially since the lead category is so barren this year?

Is their Featured position already assured this year?

by Anonymousreply 2711/25/2012

So I guess hte Golden Globes will not provide the answer as they can both win that awrad? Correct?

by Anonymousreply 2811/25/2012

Hey, bitch at r25, I gave my reasons as to why Hathaway is the favorite and has been the favorite since she signed up for the role, like it was for Jennifer Hudson, Kate Winslet and unless a major performance or veteran pops up next year, will happen again to Streep for August: Osage County. That's how predictable they are.

DDL has more chance to win a third oscar than Sally Field.

by Anonymousreply 2911/25/2012

I remember Places In The Heart, and by Hollywood's usual standards, it's certainly not mediocre.

After early wins, Streep has been giving Oscar *nom* worthy performances in mediocre movies for decades. She probably came close to winning a few times, but until she played an iconic politician, the movies were never special enough to put her over the top.

by Anonymousreply 3011/25/2012

The voters realize that Hugh Jackman will never have another chance at an Oscar and award him out of their true love and devotion. DDL will have many more opportunitites to win.

by Anonymousreply 3111/25/2012

"I gave my reasons as to why Hathaway is the favorite."

You gave reasons as to why Field would lose. That's not the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 3211/25/2012

No R28, I don't think so. GG's only have one supporting category per gender per medium.

by Anonymousreply 3311/25/2012

I still say Sally Fields deserves to be nominated as a lead. Then both can win and I will be happy.

by Anonymousreply 3411/25/2012

Binoche was a surprise, but: 1)She gave the best performance 2)Was the only way to award the BP winner with an acting oscar 3)Bacall was/is despised by many 4)Was nominated for a Streisand movie.

And Binoche wasn't some unkown or crap starlet in her first role. She was already a respected actress with a solid filmography under her belt.

Looking back, Kate Hudson losing should not have come as a surprise. It was mostly hype for being Goldie's daughter and the possibility of her winning at the same age as her mother. If McDormand hadn't won for Fargo she probably would have won for Almost Famous.

The only true surprise of the last 20 years was Geena Davis, without even a Golden Globe nomination, but with 30 award shows every season that just doesn't happen anymore.

I would say Paquin too, but that was a weird year. If I remember the main competition was Winona Ryder and Paquin was in a BP nominee that also won foe actress and screenplay.

Hathaway fits the mold of a supporting actress winner. And with Hunt and Field being previous winners, plus The Master's buzz fading, her win seems more like a sure thing every day.

by Anonymousreply 3511/25/2012

Go watch The Hollywood Reporter's Actresses' roundtable discussion on video, then come back and tell me who you'd like to see get their Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 3611/25/2012

Field being a two time winner IS one of the main reasons as to why Hathaway is the favorite.

by Anonymousreply 3711/25/2012

Adams has been nominated three times in eight years. Don't be so quick to write her off. The buzz on the film may have stopped, but the academy is obviously very taken with her.

She is formidable competition. It's not a longshot that the academy would give it to her.

by Anonymousreply 3811/25/2012

Sally and Anne BOTH have someone gay in the family. They would thank the gays if they won.

by Anonymousreply 3911/25/2012

Sorry boys - the award will go to HELEN HUNT.

Yes, she has an Oscar (undeserved) but in this film she gives an amazing performance and at 48 isn't afraid to bare all, emotionally and physically.

You won't see Meryl or Sally doing that.

Plus, its an indie film and this will be its only award.

by Anonymousreply 4011/25/2012

Yes, we've heard that argument r24, you've repeatedly several times on several threads.

You're wrong.

by Anonymousreply 4111/25/2012

LOL, r20

Really?

by Anonymousreply 4211/25/2012

Adams was my early prediction, r38. A multiple nominee with another good performance.

But then Hathaway cut her hair and the clip of her singing hit the web. It seems like Hathaway has the tear-jearking scene of the year with her rendition of "I Dreamed a Dream", and with these awards sentimentality almost always trumps everything else (a good rule when predicting the foreign language winner).

The review embargo for Zero Dark Thirty ends today and early word has some people comparing Chastain to the likes of Foster in Silence of the Lambs and Weaver in Aliens. Now THAT'S a race that will get interesting in the upcoming weeks, especially now that Silver Linings is underperforming at the box office.

by Anonymousreply 4311/25/2012

[quote]So I guess hte Golden Globes will not provide the answer as they can both win that awrad? Correct?

No, the Golden Globes only splits the Lead categories into Drama and Musical/Comedy, but there's only one Supporting category. Well, Supporting Actor and Supporting Actress. So Hathaway and Field would be duking it out there, as well.

by Anonymousreply 4411/25/2012

R22 If "Therese Raquin" still winds up coming out in limited release on December 28th, then Jessica Lange will be a bit of a surprise nominee for the Oscars and most assuredly the Golden Globes.

The character she plays in "Therese Raquin" is almost like tailor made for her talents in much the same way Mary Todd Lincoln is to Sally Field's.

Will Jessica Lange win? Hell if I know, but a 'Sally Field v/s Jessica Lange' grudge-match of sorts come awards season is kinda cool considering that they are both ladies of a certain age who are at the height of their talents. It's like they are both still willing to grow and learn within their craft because they are artists first and celebrities second. They're both rare birds in this day and age if you were to ask me.

by Anonymousreply 4511/25/2012

I didn't care for Sally Field in the role. She came off to me as Sally Field trying to get an Oscar than as Mary Todd Lincoln. I thought she overplayed her part.

I haven't seen Anne or anyone else who I think will be nominated so I cannot say who will win, but I'm not rooting for Sally when I saw her and not the character.

by Anonymousreply 4611/25/2012

The problem with "Therese Raquin" is they're running into calendar problems. SAG nominating committee ballots are due back in a couple weeks and so far, there have been no screenings of the film that I've been aware of. If they don't mount some kind of campaign, the movie and Lange's performance won't be considered.

by Anonymousreply 4711/25/2012

Sally Field did surprising, extraordinary, career-capping work as Mary Todd Lincoln. It's one of those legendary performances that, despite all the naysayers and Anne Hathaway, simply cannot be denied come Oscar night. Trust Mother, kiddies.

by Anonymousreply 4811/25/2012

I agree, Sally was wonderful.

by Anonymousreply 4911/25/2012

R24 is not wrong. That's a perfectly sane prediction/reasoning.

Hunt's win is considered one of the worst, most baffling choices in that category. Sally Field is in no way overdue, having two oscars already, and while she gives a good performance it is not a powerhouse or a showy one like Monique's, for exmaple. It's surprising to see now all these adoration for her in this place when she was one of the names that people mentioned when talking about how unfair it was that Meryl Streep had only one lead oscar when the likes of Sally Field and Hillary Swank had two.

by Anonymousreply 5011/25/2012

There must be some Hollywood execs that post on DL that can answer this: don't you think if actors campaign too hard for an Oscar it kind of turns off the voters? I thought the race to an Oscar was kind of like being nominated as presidential candidate - you try to deny that you want it and that you don't care either way.

by Anonymousreply 5111/25/2012

Ugh, Helen Hunt? Really??

by Anonymousreply 5211/25/2012

R51 - you clearly don't remember Melissa Leo's campaign. AND SHE WON.

by Anonymousreply 5311/25/2012

No one campaigned harder or more obviously than Melissa Leo, Kate Winslet, or Michelle Williams in my recent memory. Campaiging isn't a sin. Neither is desperation.

But do remember, that Hyde Park on the Hudson hasn't come out yet and there is Laura Linney to consider.

by Anonymousreply 5411/25/2012

R53, Leo wasn't campaigning hard until after she was nominated for an Oscar and won the Critics choice, Golden Globe, and SAG in succession. There was still a month left 'til the Oscar ceremony and in that time was when she dropped the ball and started griping about not being on magazine covers and even had her own "glamor shots" taken and put in newspapers. Some thought it cost her the Oscar, and Entertainment Weekly in their last Oscar issue gave the advantage to Hailee Steinfeld 'cause of that minor scanadal.

But before that, Leo was just coasting along the awards season and being thought of as an underrated actress.

by Anonymousreply 5511/25/2012

I love the idea that Anne Hathaway's cutting her hair was some sort of terrible self-sacrifice in the name of art, like Christian Bale losing all that weight for "The Machinist."

by Anonymousreply 5611/25/2012

Regarding Miss Hathaway, I'm not so sure I'm liking her. But Sally! We like her. We really, really like her!

by Anonymousreply 5711/25/2012

Sally Field is good in Lincoln, but DDL is on another planet. If Sally acted opposite someone not as brilliant she'd come off much better. DDL is the true glue of LINCOLN.

I can't stand Hathaway, so anyone but her for the Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 5811/25/2012

I also can't see them actually giving it to Sally. The three wins club is awfully small, and I can't see them inducting Sally as the next member, even if she does deserve this win.

by Anonymousreply 5911/25/2012

BUMP

by Anonymousreply 6011/26/2012

R36, doesn't Hathaway come off as a major passive/aggressive cunt bitch in that THR Actresses Roundtable? I couldn't believe the way she brought up that story about Rachel Weisz and then said to her, "Well, you should tell it." I thought, talk about yourself, bitch instead of directing others about what they should say.

And the way Hunt - who is clearly one intelligent, cool, take no prisoners kind of gal - totally shut Hathaway down when they asked her about hosting the Oscars. Then Hathaway starts making excuses for some of her awful screen performances by saying she "tried to get out of the film" - I'm sure she was talking about One Day.

Sally was a bit grumpy with her "it just gets harder, GIRLS!" attitude early on but was triumphant when she talked about getting the role of Mary Todd Lincoln. Sally is a lock for the Oscar.

Btw, instead of pontificating blindly about these things don't you guys look at the Feinberg forecast or even the Oscar Futures at NY Mag? Jessica Lange in Therese Raquin isn't on anybody's radar and it takes at least some campaign effort to get a nomination, especially with this year's earlier schedule. She's not a contender at all.

by Anonymousreply 6111/26/2012

The nominations have been announced?

by Anonymousreply 6211/26/2012

Today they announce the Independent Spirit Awards nominations!

by Anonymousreply 6311/26/2012

[quote]Binoche was a surprise, 3)Bacall was/is despised by many 4)Was nominated for a Streisand movie.

You have no idea how The Academy works do you? The Actors nominate actors. If Bacall was so despised than why did so many people vote to nominate her out of hundred of movies released that year?

Same for Streisand. She has directed exactly three films. Those films earned fourteen Academy Award nominations, including four acting and a Best Picture.

You seem to think being in a Streisand film is a bad thing. Many would disagree. You think members of the Academy conspire to nominate people and than not vote for them to humiliate them? You do realize that even being nominated is a great honor.

by Anonymousreply 6411/26/2012

What about Zoo Mom, the one who propped her kid on the railing? That was the best acting job I've ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 6511/26/2012

Here's a list of award nomination announcements and the dates they're handed out:

Nov 27 - Independent Spirit Awards Nominations

Dec 3 - New York Film Critics Awards Dec 3 - Annie Awards Nominations Dec 5 - National Board of Review Dec 9 - Los Angeles Film Critics Awards Dec 10 - AFI Awards Dec 11- BFCA (Critics' Choice Awards) Nominations Dec 12 - Screen Actors Guild Awards Nominations Dec 13 - Golden Globe Awards Nominations

Jan 2 - Producers Guild Awards Nominations Jan 5 - National Society of Film Critics Nominations Jan 7 - Visual Effects Society Nominations Jan 8 - Cinema Audio Society Nominations Jan 8 - Directors Guild Awards nominations Jan 9 - American Society of Cinematographers Nominations Jan 9 - BAFTA nominations Jan 10 - AMPAS (Oscars) Nominations Jan 10 - BFCA (Critics' Choice Awards) Jan 13 - Golden Globe Awards Jan 18 - The Motion Picture Sound Editors Nominations Jan 26 - Producers Guild Awards Jan 26 - Annie Awards Jan 27 - Screen Actors Guild Awards

Feb 2 - Directors Guild Awards Feb 2 - Art Directors Guild Awards Feb 5 - Visual Effects Society Awards Feb 10 - American Society of Cinematographers Awards Feb 10 - BAFTA Awards Feb 16 - Cinema Audio Society Awards Feb 17 - The Motion Picture Sound Editors Awards Feb 17 - Writers Guild Awards Feb 23 - Independent Spirit Awards Feb 24 - AMPAS (Oscars)

by Anonymousreply 6611/26/2012

Damn! I don't know how to center it, but here are the important ones, anyhow:

[quote]Dec 11- BFCA (Critics' Choice Awards) Nominations

[quote]Dec 12 - Screen Actors Guild Awards Nominations

[quote]Dec 13 - Golden Globe Awards Nominations

[quote]Jan 9 - BAFTA nominations

[quote]Jan 10 - AMPAS (Oscars) Nominations

[quote]Jan 10 - BFCA (Critics' Choice Awards)

[quote]Jan 13 - Golden Globe Awards

[quote]Jan 27 - Screen Actors Guild Awards

[quote]Feb 10 - BAFTA Awards

[quote]Feb 24 - AMPAS (Oscars)

by Anonymousreply 6711/26/2012

Sally Field is completely okay in LINCOLN, but all of you who were unbelievably moved by her performance must have hearts of stone.

by Anonymousreply 6811/26/2012

I will simply say that when there is no clear choice a campaign matters. It's unusual, but not unthinkable that there would be a campaign for Best Supporting actor or actress.

It would depend on the success of the film, and whether the producers want to campaign for the cast, and it depends on the agency that reps the actor or actress.

We haveb't seen Jessica Lange or Jessica Chastain yet, but unless they do something remarkable, the BSA race boils down to Anne & Sally. So the question is whether the momentum will be with Les Miz or Lincoln. I can see both contending for multiple awards.

by Anonymousreply 6911/26/2012

Is it possible that Amanda Seyfried as Cosette or the actress playing Eponine could also get nominated for Supporting Actress? That would fuck up Hathaway's chances for sure.

Won't Chastain surely be nominated for Lead?

As Lange isn't playing Therese herself, is there really a role in that story that's worthy of consideration?

by Anonymousreply 7011/26/2012

[quote]Is it possible that Amanda Seyfried as Cosette or the actress playing Eponine could also get nominated for Supporting Actress? That would fuck up Hathaway's chances for sure.

I'd been reading people's responses to the screenings and Seyfried got major props but Barks got mixed reviews; in short, while Barks has a great voice her acting is mediocre, and Seyfried makes a lot out of a thankless role. Don't know if that would be enough for Seyfried to get a nom.

The only way I can see one or the other get nominated along with Hathaway is if the film is a big hit like "Chicago" and they ride the movie's coattails to a nomination, à la Queen Latifah, who wouldn't have even been considered if the film had flopped.

by Anonymousreply 7111/26/2012

C'mon, Sally's got two, she doesn't need a third.

by Anonymousreply 7211/26/2012

Chastain figures in the Best Actress category; the film is now having private previews in LA. Somehow I don't think it will be honoured for its acting.

R69, there is nothing unusual about a campaign in the Supporting categories - many of them are quite legendary. No campaign = no nomination. When a studio or distributor launches an Oscar campaign, they promote every conceivable nominee on their film, regardless of what DL thinks of their chances. When I lived in LA, I remember seeing multiple daily ads for Don Johnson and Melanie Griffith in Paradise, FFS. The campaigns are pretty shameless but it's an industry. They promote what product they have.

by Anonymousreply 7311/26/2012

Goldie Hawn for Best Actress in Deceived was another one that I thought was taking the biscuit.

by Anonymousreply 7411/26/2012

"doesn't Hathaway come off as a major passive/aggressive cunt bitch in that THR Actresses Roundtable? I couldn't believe the way she brought up that story about Rachel Weisz and then said to her, "Well, you should tell it." I thought, talk about yourself, bitch instead of directing others about what they should say."

She brought up a story about Weisz because the story interested her. She started telling the story and then deferred its telling to Weisz.

So no, she didn't come off as passive aggressive, she came off as complimentary to a colleague and then, when she realized the story wasn't hers to tell, that it was Rachel's and not hers, and that she might also get the facts wrong, she courteously referred to Rachel for the telling of Rachel's own story. This came off as polite, humble and an unwillingness to take over and steal Rachel's thunder. It came off as both admiring and respectful, not at all as authoritative and cunty.

At least that's how I saw it.

by Anonymousreply 7511/26/2012

"but all of you who were unbelievably moved by her performance must have hearts of stone."

I wasn't "unbelievably moved" by Field's performance in Lincoln, I simply saw it as intelligent, restrained (especially for an actress, good as she is, who is not known for her restraint and is best when she is mindful of how animated she can become), and very, very well done.

But those who were "unbelievably moved" by it don't have hearts of stone. Having a heart of stone means that one suffers from a lack of sensitivity. It does not mean that one is, if anything, overly vulnerable to being moved.

So what you talkin' about Willis?

by Anonymousreply 7611/26/2012

Marcia Gay Harden was a surprise oscar winner as was Tilda Swinton.

They both very much deserved it because they were both great. And that made it even more of a surprise.

Binoche was a huge surprise because the common wisdom - as common wisdom as you could get with oscars, as much of an expected slam dunk - was Bacall was going to win. And Bacall was good in the otherwise bathetic Mirror.

Binoche's performance was as much a lead as Scott-Thomas's (nominated as lead) and was more of a lead than a great many performances which have won lead oscars; but that's a different issue.

by Anonymousreply 7711/26/2012

In addiition, Binoche was the only thing in that horrible movie - an oscar winner notwithstanding - that was great.

by Anonymousreply 7811/26/2012

The fact that most have already given the Oscar to Hathaway before her film is even out, tells you how much these awards are just about the hype and brainwashing everyone in agreeing on the same thing. Oscars, like everything else in Hollywood are about packaging done by agencies and big agents even before filming begins; "Let's cast Hathaway in this, she's sure to get an Oscar for it."

This is, also, a reason why so many of these Oscar contenders fail as films. Filmmakers aim to make the best Oscar type of film, not the best film.

by Anonymousreply 7911/26/2012

Sorry R75, I think in a professional, promotional environment like a THR Roundtable, one should speak for themselves and listen to others not call the tunes like you're the organ grinder. If Rachel Weisz wanted to spend her time on that panel talking about a tattoo she got in her youth I'm sure she would've, unprompted by Anne Hathaway who was probably just dying for someone to ask her about her commemorative Les Miserables tattoo she got after she shaved her head and went out for Halloween as her gay brother.

by Anonymousreply 8011/26/2012

[quote]As Lange isn't playing Therese herself, is there really a role in that story that's worthy of consideration?

Lange plays Madame Raquin, a very significant character in the Zola novel that requires an exceptionally talented actor to pull off what that character goes through in the story. But I doubt that "Thérèse" will even be released in time for the 2012 awards season. It's slated for 2013. The producers were hoping to get a limited release by year's end, but so far there hasn't been any publicity.

by Anonymousreply 8111/26/2012

Sally deserves another for surviving as long as she has. And, of course, for The Sally Field Programme.

by Anonymousreply 8211/26/2012
Need more help? Click Here.