Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Harry Connick Jr.

Thank God he doesn't make movies anymore--he was never a very good actor. When he was young he was hot, mostly because he really worked out a lot. I think he married a model.

Have there any been any gay rumors about him?

by Anonymousreply 4611/26/2012

I liked him in Little Man Tate and Bug. Not sure if I've seen him in anything else.

by Anonymousreply 111/24/2012

He was cheesy good in Copycat. And he was Lt. Cable in Glenn Close's South Pacific, wasn't he? And he was kinda funny on Will and Grace.

by Anonymousreply 211/24/2012

Gay men tend not to marry women who look like this.

by Anonymousreply 311/24/2012

On the other hand, gay men do tend to cheat on women who now look like this:

by Anonymousreply 411/24/2012

A good friend of mine used to be bar tender in New Orleans. She knew Harry pretty well, she was older than he was, they never dated but she did sleep with him a few times. Average only girls.

by Anonymousreply 511/24/2012

Harry liked to get fucked at the gym

by Anonymousreply 611/24/2012

She's probably got hot brothers, r3.

by Anonymousreply 711/24/2012

We'll turn that question right back on you: Why must everyone be straight?

by Anonymousreply 911/24/2012

Liked him in Independence Day.

by Anonymousreply 1011/24/2012

My friend is close to him (musician who toured with him and recorded with him). He is a really nice guy. I have never heard anything about him being gay, but my friend has hinted that he has cheated on the wife while on tour.

by Anonymousreply 1111/24/2012

He's gotten better looking with age. I grew up in New Orleans, cousins went to school with him. Never saw him in a gay bar before he got famous, and I was in all of them simultaneously 24 hours a day. I declare him straight.

by Anonymousreply 1211/24/2012

He seems a genuinely sweet person. Loved his Broadway show!

by Anonymousreply 1311/24/2012

Loved him when he was helping on rescue missions in N.O. following Katrina. He took his shirt off and gave it to an elderly man and then carried the man to a rescue boat.

by Anonymousreply 1411/24/2012

[quote] And he was kinda funny on Will and Grace.

Miss Connick was NEVER funny on W&G. He was a tragic, crashing bore in every scene he was in, and he made Deb Messing look exciting in comparison. (Then again that's probably why he was hired.)

by Anonymousreply 1511/24/2012

He wears a rug, right?

by Anonymousreply 1611/24/2012

I saw that, too, r14. Just a really special man.

by Anonymousreply 1711/24/2012

He's one of those celebrities you never hear a bad thing about. And he was an okay actor. Someone post a recent picture.

by Anonymousreply 1811/24/2012

I liked him as Lt. Cable in "South Pacific." He was perfect in that role.

by Anonymousreply 1911/24/2012

Here he is at both his sexiest and his cheesiest.

by Anonymousreply 2011/24/2012

Oh my, Harry wears one of the most intricate replacement systems in showbiz, next to Tony Bennet. I'm a hairdresser and can spot artificial hair at 50 paces. As far as acting, well "acting", is concerned, he's the absolute worst. No timing, no feel for his fellow actors, just reciting lines. He's a very self-conscious performer, a bit too preened, and understandably so, since he's well-groomed averageness at best.

by Anonymousreply 2111/24/2012

I thought he was unforgettable in "Independence Day". I can recite all of his lines from memory.

by Anonymousreply 2211/24/2012

Currently on Law & Order SVU as Olivia Benson's (very unconvincing) heterosexual love interest. I wish Benson would just come out of the closet already, everything about her screams 'dyke'.

by Anonymousreply 2311/24/2012

He is still hunky, though, bald or not. There's no denying that. The guy has a great body.

by Anonymousreply 2411/25/2012

I sat next to him in a VIP lounge at a basketball game where he was going to sing. He was nice and nice looking and seemed nervous about performing. He was tapping his glass to get the ice out and the cubes tumbled out hitting his face and then to the floor. He was embarrassed..lol

by Anonymousreply 2511/25/2012

[quote]He's gotten better looking with age. I grew up in New Orleans, cousins went to school with him. Never saw him in a gay bar before he got famous, and I was in all of them simultaneously 24 hours a day. I declare him straight.

Me too. I've met him a few times and he's a nice guy, but not a single gay vibe. He's kind of a sweet lunkhead with a taste for blondes with big tits.

by Anonymousreply 2611/25/2012

[quote]I'm a hairdresser and can spot artificial hair at 50 paces. As far as acting, well "acting", is concerned, he's the absolute worst. No timing, no feel for his fellow actors, just reciting lines. He's a very self-conscious performer, a bit too preened, and understandably so, since he's well-groomed averageness at best.

Who knew Miss Hagen was also a hairdresser?

by Anonymousreply 2711/25/2012

He is LUCKY. That is his chief attribute.

He is a decent but not stellar singer/musician who came along at the right time: listen to his albums now, and it's pleasant, but a complete snoozefest. He built a film/stage acting career based on very little beyond his good looks, charm, and recognizability.

I'm glad to hear that he's a nice guy, but he is that rare show biz story of someone who's lasted over 2 decades with notably slim talents and a massive dose of luck.

by Anonymousreply 2811/25/2012

He is a great musician! Horrible actor! Totally loved "It had to be you" when I was in grade school.

by Anonymousreply 2911/25/2012

My first serious live in boyfriend was a jazz musician always bringing home an eclectic array of music from metal to Opera. He loved Harry's We Are In Love. He would play it and dance around the living room with me like the big in love goofs we were.

The title track brings back the best memories of waltzing around and him singing to me.

I'll always have a soft spot for Harry because of that album.

by Anonymousreply 3011/25/2012

He's a proud rethug. So by definition, he cannot be a 'nice guy'.

by Anonymousreply 3111/25/2012

Harry is an obvious homosexual who is rumored (not verified) to be horse-hung.

And yes, homosexuals DO marry hot young fish.

by Anonymousreply 3211/25/2012

I thought the story was that Harry got his career courtesy of his corrupt New Orleans D.A. father's Mafia associates.

by Anonymousreply 3311/25/2012

All this hair talk reminds me of the Will & Grace episode where Will meets him for the first time and then complains to Grace about him. Will is especially pissed off about his hair and tells Grace that he probably steps out of the shower and runs his fingers through his hair and then he is good to go.

by Anonymousreply 3411/25/2012

He was a great mentor on American Idol. They screwed up by not having him back as a regular.

by Anonymousreply 3511/25/2012

[quote}He is still hunky, though, bald or not. There's no denying that. The guy has a great body.

LOL

by Anonymousreply 3611/25/2012

At R36, what happened to his pecs?

by Anonymousreply 3711/25/2012

I wish I could unsee that, R36.

Ewwww. KILL IT!

by Anonymousreply 3811/25/2012

I loved him in " Hope Floats" . He is a better singer than Michael Buble, who is pedaling the same shtick. And though I can dream- I think he is as straight as can be.

by Anonymousreply 3911/25/2012

HC Jr. is sexy at any age!

by Anonymousreply 4011/25/2012

Buble has sold far more records than Connick.

by Anonymousreply 4111/25/2012

So has Madonna. And your point is, r41?

by Anonymousreply 4211/25/2012

Wow Jill Goodacre didn't age well.

by Anonymousreply 4411/25/2012

Nice Christmas album.

by Anonymousreply 4511/26/2012

beautiful guns

by Anonymousreply 4611/26/2012
Need more help? Click Here.