Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Let's talk about David Begelman, the gallant tortured studio head

who swindled Cliff Robertson, was ousted by Columbia Pictures, and ended up making a small comeback -- yet falling prey to his gambling addictions and shooting himself in the head after a tryst with Tony Bennett's ex. It's all so scandalous! He managed Barbra Striesand and blackmailed Judy Garland, telling her that photos existed of her stomach being pumped in London.

Oh dear.

by Anonymousreply 411/25/2012

He sounds like the kind of guy George Clooney should play in a movie he produces written by that guy he always works with.

by Anonymousreply 111/24/2012

I lived in LA during the Begelman years. Everyone went to Ma Maison. The new 1976 Mercedes 450s were out and everyone was buying them. In all models. But only in chocolate brown with tan seats. Not me. I had a black Seville. An Arab prince bought a mansion on Sunset Boulevard and painted in all the pubic hair on the fake white statuary. The place was abandoned and then set on fire. You could walk to Studio One from L'Orangerie, right past the old Beverly Hills Health Club where John Travolta and other Hollywood stars hung out, literally. Devil's Gun by CJ & Co. was probably playing when you got to Studio One. You bragged about being in the crowd scene of The Rose but not staying long enough to collect the fifteen bucks. How many times can you watch Bette Midler walk out of a helicopter and collapse. Ah yes, I remember it well.

by Anonymousreply 211/24/2012

He was all those things,but...he also made Taxi Driver, Close Encounters of the Third kind,and with Freddie Fields changed film industry! Ask Ovitz! I know cuz he was my Father!

by Anonymousreply 311/25/2012

I've seen those photos of Judy, not pretty.

by Anonymousreply 411/25/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!