Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

From glamourpuss to boozebag on trial: Amy Locane

The "Melrose Place" thread inspired me to check up on the TRUE Melrose bad girl -- the one who killed an old lady and is currently on trial for manslaughter. The jury began deliberating Tuesday and is taking the Thanksgiving weekend off.

Now married and living in New Jersey, Amy Locane-Bovenizer (and isn't THAT an unfortunate name) was all juiced up in 2010 when she plowed into a car with a 60-year-old woman and her husband. The woman died and her husband was left in critical condition.

She was gorgeous in "Melrose Place" and "Cry-Baby." Today, not so much. Looks like she's been a drinky-bird for a long time.

by Anonymousreply 2911/28/2012

Her husband is a giant fat guy with many chins who runs a small liquor store.

by Anonymousreply 111/24/2012

[quote] “After they had taken a blood sample, at some point she said, ‘Am I pregnant or am I just drunk?’ ” Wilkes testified.

by Anonymousreply 211/24/2012

There was a lot of testimony after R2's article regarding the woman whose car she hit in the first accident that night who confronted her in a threatening manner, and who tailgated her for a number of miles until the second (fatal) accident. Instead of calling the cops on her cellphone to report a drunk driver, the woman did a vigilante number that probably contributed to the later accident.

So while Amy was plastered and had no business behind the wheel, the first accounts of what occurred that night weren't exactly complete.

by Anonymousreply 311/24/2012

Yes, it's a sad fall.

Was she drinking on MP? Why did she only last a third of the season?

by Anonymousreply 411/24/2012

[quote]She's not a serial killer or pedophile you sick outsider!

Oh no! I'm an OUTSIDER!

Seriously, are there freaks that troll the web, searching for the chance to defend Amy Locane?

by Anonymousreply 611/24/2012

She really was a pretty young actress.

by Anonymousreply 711/24/2012

"From Glamourpuss to Boozebag" sounds like the title of a Lifetime movie

by Anonymousreply 811/24/2012

Her life became an episode of Melrose Place

by Anonymousreply 911/24/2012

I wonder why her lawyers didn't try to negotiate a decent plea bargain. Poor thing must be in for some serious time. She must have passed on whatever (bad?) offer they tried to throw her way.

by Anonymousreply 1111/24/2012

Here she is on her way to jail.

by Anonymousreply 1211/24/2012

[quote] Who should play Amy in the Amy Locane story?

Why, Lindsay Lohan, of course!

by Anonymousreply 1311/24/2012

booze bag!!! What a fun term!!! I will use it forever thank you op!!! (is it one word or two though?)

by Anonymousreply 1411/24/2012

R13 - Amy might outlast LiLo.

by Anonymousreply 1511/24/2012

John Waters was stupid to cast her in a movie. She was a nothing in it.

by Anonymousreply 1611/24/2012

[quote] Who should play Amy in the Amy Locane story?

Alicia Silverstone.

by Anonymousreply 1711/24/2012

[quote]booze bag!!! What a fun term!!! I will use it forever thank you op!!! (is it one word or two though?)

One word. But it must only be used to describe a falling-apart-at-the-seams drunk, not a run-of-the-mill drug addict.

by Anonymousreply 1811/25/2012

Will John Waters make a fun trip to visit her in jail?

by Anonymousreply 1911/25/2012

From Glamourpuss to Boosebag: The Amy Locane Story

by Anonymousreply 2011/25/2012

"Will John Waters make a fun trip to visit her in jail?"

He's probably amused by the fact that she basically became a John Waters character

by Anonymousreply 2111/25/2012

PLEASE MR. JAILER! La Locane's going to the big house for quite a while.

She was found guilty of vehicular homicide, acquitted of the more serious charge of aggravated manslaughter.

[quote]She faces five to 10 years in prison on the vehicular homicide count and must serve a minimum of 85 percent of that sentence without parole. She also faces three to five years in prison for her conviction on a second count of assault by auto, which stemmed from injuries she caused the husband of the woman killed in the crash. Sentencing was set for March 1; motor vehicle charges are also pending.

by Anonymousreply 2211/27/2012

I'm glad. Poor Amy was apparently waiting for a sweet plea bargain that the prosecution never offered.

She pleaded NOT GUILTY ?? Really ... who's fault was it you were drunk behind the wheel ? What was her defense ?? She wasn't THAT drunk ? It was the other driver's fault ? Bitch please....

I know there's been talk of her being chased down by another driver .... from her FIRST accident that night. Well, guess what ? If you'd pulled over after that first accident and not driven off, you wouldn't have been in the second FATAL accident !! Dumb bitch.

by Anonymousreply 2311/27/2012

r10 amanda bynes...

by Anonymousreply 2411/27/2012

Amy's getting more attention than she did when she was acting.

by Anonymousreply 2511/27/2012

Yikes

by Anonymousreply 2611/27/2012

Love this courtroom shot of Ms. Locane-Bovenizer from the courtroom today.

She is serving sullen boozeface realness with a touch of Amanda Woodward defiance and sass!

by Anonymousreply 2711/27/2012

"Your honor, Amy Locane is the real victim here. Did you see how 'Melrose Place' took off after she left the show ? How was anyone ever supposed to recover from that ??"

by Anonymousreply 2811/27/2012

Behold your future, Amanda Bynes and Lindsay Lohan!

by Anonymousreply 2911/28/2012
Need more help? Click Here.