Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Has anyone seen any recent postings from the older fellow, Cackle, who now lives in Half Moon Bay?

He's a contemporary of mine and I thought of him while staying at the Pelican Point RV park on the beach.

Hope he's well and cackling.

by Anonymousreply 1604/30/2013

You missed a Cackle, OP. He hasn't posted in a long while. Consensus is that he's dead. I wonder what the price of gas is in Half Moon Bay.

by Anonymousreply 111/24/2012

Cackle wasn't so old that he have died. That sentence reminds me I'm in that category of denial.

I'm guessing Cackle would be about about 77 about now. I had a friend/acquaintance his age that I always thought was Cackle in disguise. He lived in walnut creek, but he died in Iowa a year or so ago. We had known each other for about 45 years and then he suddenly cut me off, but I managed to keep track of him until he croaked. I thought he made up the Half Moon Bay ruse to hide more of himself, since he liked to post on DL.

Cackle would mention riding his bike and my acquaintance couldn't ride a bike unless it had three wheels, but they do make those for us old people.

by Anonymousreply 211/25/2012

Wasn't he also the one who talked about "more ice cream on that pie"?

by Anonymousreply 311/25/2012

He may have, but he mostly talked about his moves around the country and jokingly about the price of gas in Half Moon Bay.

by Anonymousreply 411/25/2012

I loved Cackle Cackle and the fact that posters were relatively friendly and kind to him made me happy.

by Anonymousreply 511/25/2012

Cackle Cackle was a real gem on this board. His posts were always a pleasure to read. I will greatly miss him if he has truly passed on. Wow, I'm actually a bit sad now...

by Anonymousreply 611/25/2012

Didn't he once work for a movie theater chain? He knew a lot about old movies.

by Anonymousreply 711/25/2012

Someone showed up last year or early this year, but people weren't sure it was the real Cackle. A gentle poster. And on DL that's a real rarity.

by Anonymousreply 811/25/2012

Hello to everybody! When time came to pay another $18, I drifted away. Moved to Twitter. I've got almost 8000 tweets on Twitter (different handle).

My best wishes to all. Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays.

I might return, but I watch my pennies these days.

by Anonymousreply 912/04/2012

Hey! Did that old bitch Bea ever put the ice cream on your pie?

by Anonymousreply 1012/04/2012

Cackle, can I somehow buy you a membership for a holiday gift? I'm not sure it could be done, but we miss you. If someone knows of a way to do it, please post it.

by Anonymousreply 1112/04/2012

Agreed - I have been wondering about gas prices in Half Moon Bay for some time now! Miss you, Cackle.

by Anonymousreply 1212/04/2012

Come back to the Half Moon Bay, Cackle Cackle, Cackle Cackle!

by Anonymousreply 1312/04/2012

R11 is a sweetie.

by Anonymousreply 1412/04/2012

Mountain lions killed near homes in Half Moon Bay December 4, 2012 | 3:10 pm increase text size decrease text size

Wandering into a Half Moon Bay neighborhood, two young mountain lions took shelter beneath a porch.

They may have roamed there from a nearby state park. They may have had a run-in with another lion that cast them out of his territory. They may have had a disease that gave them what officials later described as a glazed stare and an uncharacteristic indifference to the humans trying to shoo them away.

If any of those questions are answered, it won't be until results of a necropsy are analyzed in about three weeks. The lions, which weighed 25 to 30 pounds, were fatally shot by a game warden trying to avert a possible threat to public safety, state Department of Fish and Game officials said Tuesday.

"It was absolutely a last resort," said Janice Mackey, a department spokeswoman.

Tim Dunbar, director of the Sacramento-based Mountain Lion Foundation, said the action was unwarranted.

"It's very hard to understand why Fish and Game thought these guys were a threat," he said.

Burleigh Murray Ranch State Park has a thriving mountain lion population and it's not uncommon for local residents to see big cats in their neighborhood. But unlike others, the two that were killed Saturday stuck around the area for many hours, triggering a resident's call Friday evening to the San Mateo County sheriff's office.

The resident was told to stay indoors, giving the cats ample opportunity to leave.

On Saturday morning they were still there, moving occasionally from the porch to bushes next door. Fish and Game wardens arrived in the afternoon, concerned about the animals' odd behavior.

by Anonymousreply 1512/04/2012

by Anonymousreply 1604/30/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!