Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

"You'll Never Nanny in this Town Again."

This book combines my passions of celebrity gossip, memoirs and child rearing books. It's pretty dishes. The Ovitz kids seemed like monsters in the making. I wonder how they turned out? Debra Winger sounds like someone I'd like to hang out with. What happened with she and Timothy Hutton? The DeVito chapter is sad b/c of their recent breakup, they sounded so solid. Anyone else read this book?

by Anonymousreply 1211/24/2012

Uh, dishy, I'll just go ahead and blame that on the auto-correct that I don't have. Seriously, as private as Michael Ovitz is, this book must've crushed him.

by Anonymousreply 111/24/2012

Debra Winger is a horror show. Impossible to work with. Nasty to her fellow actors.

by Anonymousreply 211/24/2012

It sounded like only if they deserved it. She doesn't suffer fools or assholes and is kind to her help. That tells you a lot. Richard Gere was an arrogant dick so she was a dick back. I found this article about Michael Ovitz blaming his downfall on "The Gay Mafia." lol.

by Anonymousreply 311/24/2012

I read the book. It was pretty boring. Debra Winger came off the best, which struck me as odd because I always heard she was a bitch. The Ovitz's came off as the definition of nouveau riche. The Nanny came off as hardworking and compassionate, but of course she's the one who wrote the book. I'm sure the kids grew up, read the book, and reflected back. Maybe it made them better people. Who cares.

by Anonymousreply 411/24/2012

"It's pretty dishes."

This is going to be my new catchphrase, along with "I Singapore the Body Electric."

by Anonymousreply 511/24/2012

Wasn't there some scandal involving either the Ovitz or Eisner help when it was revealed they made barely above minimum wage? This dish came out around the time of the Disney debacle.

by Anonymousreply 611/24/2012

Ovitz is a repulsive creep.

by Anonymousreply 711/24/2012

[quote]What happened with she

by Anonymousreply 811/24/2012

Debra Winger is a deluded cunt. I ran into her upstate -- she must have thought she was in Hollywood the way she was behaving.

by Anonymousreply 911/24/2012

Thank you, R8.

by Anonymousreply 1011/24/2012

What's Michael Ovitz up to? He's a millionaire but he was truly evil while making that fortune.

by Anonymousreply 1111/24/2012

Oh and Debra's main problem in Hollywood was that she was the first star to leave Ovitz's Agency and he poisoned her reputation.

by Anonymousreply 1211/24/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!