Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Coldplay Break? Band Says It Played 'Last Big Show For Three Years'

Bad news for Coldplay fans: The band announced its taking a massive break at a gig in Brisbane, Australia on Wednesday.

by Anonymousreply 2811/25/2012

I think its a good move. Enjoy their music but they have really become overexposed the last few years. I would imagine they are smart enough to know the music industry will be different in 3 years and they will have to adapt to it. If the music holds up they may be ok but probably not as successful.

by Anonymousreply 111/24/2012

Now Chris will have to spend time with his wife. Ew.

by Anonymousreply 211/24/2012

Yeah, don't want to see that bitch Gwyneth Paltrow.

by Anonymousreply 311/24/2012

Giving up touring (temporary, hah!) is the kiss of death for almost any band.

by Anonymousreply 411/24/2012

Doesn't Coldplay usually take about 3 years in between albums anyway? So it makes sense that it would be 3 years before their next big tour.

[quote] If the music holds up they may be ok but probably not as successful.

They're not getting any younger. They're all in their mid-30s. Once they hit 40, it will be hard for them to maintain the level of success they've had until now.

by Anonymousreply 511/24/2012

[quote]Once they hit 40, it will be hard for them to maintain the level of success they've had until now.

I know...right?

by Anonymousreply 611/24/2012

R6, yes, you can have success touring after 40, but few 40+ artists can have the kind of success on the charts they had earlier in their career.

by Anonymousreply 711/24/2012

For those of you who might be curious, my dear friend Philip Glass insists that it takes an artist at least 3 years to write a brilliant song in a lover's honor. Chris is well aware that 13 is my lucky number, and on our 13th anniversary, I don't want him serenading me with some derivative caterwauling. Especially not in front of our family and friends (especially since I'll likely be a Dame Commander of the Order of the British Empire by 2016).

Namaste.

by Anonymousreply 811/24/2012

Can people learn the difference between "its" and "it's"?

by Anonymousreply 911/24/2012

[quote]its taking a massive break

As opposed to their usual massive dump?

by Anonymousreply 1011/24/2012

Great news. I can't stand these pretentious twats.

by Anonymousreply 1111/24/2012

I blame Gwyneth Paltrow.

She ruins everything.

by Anonymousreply 1211/24/2012

Chris is going to devote time to creating a soundtrack for goop.com

by Anonymousreply 1311/24/2012

So all their previous albums got a ton of advertising and promotional blitz... you couldn't escape it.

I was shocked to hear they released a new album recently. I can't recall ever hearing anything about it, let alone any tracks from it.

It's like the media just ignored them this time. Was the album that lame? What happened?

by Anonymousreply 1411/24/2012

Mylo Xyloto was released a year ago, r14. There was plenty of press at that time.

I hate to admit it but I love "Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall".

by Anonymousreply 1511/24/2012

Fuck Chris! He's just one of the many gay men who USED straight women to advance his career. Don't think for a moment that he's straight. They came to the realization of his homosexuality in late 2009. GOOP actually echoed it if you're sharp enough to see past her un-educated version of her freaking out on GOOP. They're poor in a different realm. Poor in the looks dept., that's a knell!

by Anonymousreply 1611/24/2012

What the hell is R16 talking about?

by Anonymousreply 1711/24/2012

Are you being sarcastic, R14? When Mylo Xyloto was released, they were EVERYWHERE promoting the hell out of the album.

by Anonymousreply 1811/24/2012

I hope it's more than 3 years...as in forever. I hate Coldplay. They suck ass. Chris Martin is a terrible vocalist and some of their songs rip off other musicians. They're so overrated and I never understood why they are so popular.

by Anonymousreply 1911/24/2012

[quote]Are you being sarcastic, [R14]? When Mylo Xyloto was released, they were EVERYWHERE promoting the hell out of the album.

No, I'm not. I've literally seen and heard NOTHING from them. I watch TV all the time. I listen to radio.

The last time, their single premiered in an Apple commercial, and it was fucking EVERYWHERE.

This time I didn't even hear they had a new album out until months after the fact, and to this day have yet to hear a single track from it. Or see any promotion. Or anything. At all.

It's like night and day, this last album compared to all their previous ones.

by Anonymousreply 2011/24/2012

Who cares? it would be dynamic if Chris and band members were attractive, they're not. Wait a couple of years for the real deal.

by Anonymousreply 2111/24/2012

[quote] This time I didn't even hear they had a new album out until months after the fact, and to this day have yet to hear a single track from it. Or see any promotion. Or anything. At all.

They were everywhere promoting the album and the singles "Every Teardrop is a Waterfall" and "Paradise": SNL, The Today Show, Letterman, American Idol, The Colbert Report, the Grammy Awards, and those are just the ones I'm aware of off the top of my head. The promotion for Mylo Xyloto was far greater than for any of their previous albums.

by Anonymousreply 2211/24/2012

"Paradise" was played a lot during the Summer Olympics.

by Anonymousreply 2311/24/2012

I predict The Martins will be filing for divorce within 18 months.

by Anonymousreply 2411/25/2012

Why do people act like she's the lucky one? Jesus christ, if I had to listen to that voice everyday ...

by Anonymousreply 2511/25/2012

Could it be that people are no longer so interested in paying money to hear the crap they call 'music'?

(as in 'The emperor has no clothes')

by Anonymousreply 2611/25/2012

Coldplay fucking sucks. Another example of how bad public taste is in music. 1 of the weakest frontman vocalists ever for a successful band. Martin makes Jagger sound like an amazing singer.

by Anonymousreply 2711/25/2012

Bur R22, they did nothing in at all in the UK. For all the press they get over here I assumed they'd broken up years ago.

by Anonymousreply 2811/25/2012
Need more help? Click Here.