Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Do you still hate them? I'm sorry but I'm forever traumatized by them. I was at a party today and one spoke to me. I just said please leave me alone I can't even talk to your kind. Surprisingly she left me alone without an argument.

by Anonymousreply 6810/30/2014

What kind of parties do you attend where nuns are guests, OP?

by Anonymousreply 111/24/2012

OP hates God

by Anonymousreply 311/24/2012

She probably thought your were some kind of nut.

by Anonymousreply 611/24/2012

Nuns don't get none.

by Anonymousreply 711/24/2012

You can say that again r7, except for all those times Mother Superior jumped the gun and tongued my twat, AGAIN!!!

by Anonymousreply 811/24/2012

Ugh the 'mos troll is back.

But OP you sound like an asshole. "Your kind"? Way to generalize. There are many orders of nuns and the behaviour varies. I used to live near a convent and some of them were really nice women, very down to earth.

by Anonymousreply 1011/24/2012

They beat us.

by Anonymousreply 1111/24/2012

As a small child attending Catholic parochial school in Chicago we learned to love and admire the Dominican nuns who taught us.

We even hoped to one day become a nun ourself!

by Anonymousreply 1311/24/2012

Most nuns were wonderful, kind, and giving.

Then there were the ones that were truly monsters, sadistic physically and verbally.

They belonged in prison, but as a further indictment of Catholicism, the nuns, priests and parents said nothing. NOTHING!

by Anonymousreply 1411/24/2012

My great aunt was a Dominican nun who taught high school. She was smart and funny and quite the lefty. She just came from a place and time where ladies who wanted to be educated and have a career had limited opportunities.

I didn't attend Catholic school, so I have no experience with nuns on the job.

by Anonymousreply 1511/24/2012

OP just caught up with season 2 of American Horror Story and is trolling us.

"Your kind?" Please.

by Anonymousreply 1611/24/2012

r9 sounds like Sister Eunice after the Devil took over.

by Anonymousreply 1711/24/2012

[quote] I just said please leave me alone I can't even talk to your kind.

So OP's lesbian nun cousin now thinks that he's homophobic!

by Anonymousreply 1811/24/2012

I went to Catholic School K-8 and there was one nun I remember who fit the mean psycho stereotype but remember them fondly mostly as verydedicated teachers. They were all pretty strict though.

by Anonymousreply 1911/24/2012

So OP, your 'trauma' made you forget any manners you might have learned?

by Anonymousreply 2011/24/2012

This is insane. You are either a troll or retarded. Lest I remind you that "nuns" were the first to care for PWA, in San Francisco, sans hazmat suits. (Mother Teresa's order)

I'm closing, if you were hit and slapped for being a prissy know it all pain in the ass, I wish I could do it myself today because clearly you haven't changed! Grow up!!!

by Anonymousreply 2111/24/2012

OP, your behavior is inexcusable. Unless this was a nun who had abused you, you have no right to say what you said.

Younger nuns, who came to their vocation despite having other choices (excellent post, R12!), are some of the best people in the world. They feed, educate and provide healthcare to the poor and are the only force within the Catholic church that's standing up to the Nazi pope. I'm not a Catholic anymore, but it would be a very good thing for everyone, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, if the nuns force that powerful but musty and corrupt institution to reform.

by Anonymousreply 2211/24/2012

You deserved that slap, you prissy little brat! If I saw you today, I'd do it again! If there's anything I can't stand, it's a whining pain the ass brat!

by Anonymousreply 2311/24/2012

I punched a nun in the face today. She had the nerve to talk to me at the bus stop. I said, "Bitch, I've been waiting to do this for 40 years," and pow... Right in the kisser.

Then I ran away

by Anonymousreply 2411/24/2012

Nun, well the word alone says it all

by Anonymousreply 2511/24/2012

That was incredibly rude! Probably, she figured, "The poor fellow is mentally ill."

by Anonymousreply 2611/24/2012

A nun shoved my brother into a blackboard so hard she cracked the slate with his little skull. Sister Mary Lisa. My mom got in her face and had her stripped of her teaching abilities. No small feat. My mom had gone to convent school (never took the vows) and she'd seen too many psychos become educators.

by Anonymousreply 2711/24/2012

Never have, never will hate nuns.

by Anonymousreply 2811/24/2012

Oh and let's not forget the "non'nun". She was the gym teacher at your high school.

by Anonymousreply 3011/24/2012

[quote]and are the only force within the Catholic church that's standing up to the Nazi pope

Except ... they are not a force. A few rogue ones here and there, but you're kidding yourself if you think nuns as a whole are rebelling and 'standing up' to the pope.

Until nuns stop taking a vow of obedience, any good they do is overshadowed by the papal authority they make it a point to obey.

by Anonymousreply 3111/24/2012

Another view of nuns, courtesy of Aykroyd and Landis:

(My mother, ex-Catholic, saw this and totally identified with it.)

by Anonymousreply 3211/24/2012

I personally know dozens of nuns that are amazing, gay friendly, wonderful, funny smart women. But then, I never went to Catholic school.

by Anonymousreply 3311/24/2012

Watch SISTER Simone Campbell speak at the DNC and think again.

by Anonymousreply 3411/24/2012

[quote]Let us face it...nuns are freaks

You're a jerk. So, you can't understand why someone would devote their life to service of others. Tough for you. Some people are truly devoted to public service. I'd say most nuns ARE functioning in your 'normal' society.

by Anonymousreply 3511/24/2012

I think those who were happy came to the vocation through their own choice and the miserable ones were forced into convents."

How long has it been since women were forced into convents - centuries?

Well, my theory is that the life of a nun has a certain appeal to crazies. They don't have to engage in a relationship with a human life partner, or live entirely in the real world. Instead, they can have an imaginary dramatic relationship with their idea of God, which is so consuming that real-world intrusions such as schoolchildren get on their last nerve.

by Anonymousreply 3611/24/2012

Nuns forced me to drink and streak as a young child

by Anonymousreply 3711/24/2012

[quote]Watch SISTER Simone Campbell speak at the DNC and think again.

I adore this woman. She is one of my heroes.

by Anonymousreply 3811/24/2012

Did Catholic schools grade 1 through 12. Only 3 nuns in the entire stretch.

First was Sister Mary Florentia - Irish immigrant nice enough but strict.

Then there was Sister Claire-Marie. Big old dyke.

Sister Maureen was a plain-clothes nun. She was nice enough but really not suited the task.

by Anonymousreply 3911/24/2012

by Anonymousreply 4011/24/2012

[quote]I just said please leave me alone I can't even talk to your kind. Surprisingly she left me alone without an argument.

I think just about anyone I know would have cut you a wide berth then and there.

by Anonymousreply 4111/24/2012

Nuns suck cocks in hell

by Anonymousreply 4211/24/2012

I have been told by a Catholic school veteran that once upon a time girls under the age of 10 were sent to the convent, especially if their parents couldn't take care of them anymore, and that was the end of that. Although there were worse fates for women back in the day than to have become a nun at an early age, they often saw little of the outside world and when they did Mother Superior had to grant permission. On the bright side, a girl novitiate was educated in the convent from elementary school through college (all Catholic of course) for free and often placed into a parochial school to spend her life teaching, if in the US it would have been to varied classes of immigrant children who had to learn English as a second language, hence much of the emphasis nuns gave to good grammar and spelling.

by Anonymousreply 4311/24/2012

I had nuns teach me from first grade to high school. Never had one I didn't love. Our nuns on the west coast and in Texas and Alabama were the greatest kindest women on the planet. I will never forget them. I don't like the rest of the church, but the nuns will always be a loved group of women for me. Dominicans, Sisters of St.Joseph, Sisters of Loretto, Sacred Heart Sisters, all were wonderful and caring women. Educationally and morally, I owe them everything.

by Anonymousreply 4411/25/2012

You never hear about nuns molesting anybody. Well, sexually, I mean.

by Anonymousreply 4511/25/2012

I went to a Catholic school for eight years. All my teachers were nuns. Not only were all of them selfless and kind, but I received an excellent education. The same order of nuns also ran the local hospital. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about nuns and am upset when I hear hear people mocking them. I do not doubt that some people had bad experiences with nuns, but that is no reason to condemn all of them. I have no belief in Catholicism left but I appreciate and respect the nuns I knew.

by Anonymousreply 4611/25/2012

My two nephews went to Catholic School. (No, I am NOT a nephew troll...) They turned out okay. My brother freaked but it was a condition of their marriage.

by Anonymousreply 4711/25/2012

I think the good nuns understand that some folks have had very negative experiences with mean and/or mentally ill nuns.

by Anonymousreply 4811/25/2012

OP, you sound incredibly immature. Adopting your standard, I'd expect any visit to another country to be greeting with ignoring or shaming, because, after all, you are to blame for all the US bad behavior everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 4911/25/2012

"I can't even talk to your kind."

Hail, MARY!!

by Anonymousreply 5011/25/2012

OP must be ancient. Nuns haven't been teaching in Catholic schools in decades, not in any great number. The reason is that there is a shrinking population of nuns.

by Anonymousreply 5111/25/2012

Oh my God, I never thought of that! How can we get more Nuns. They don't reprodce!

by Anonymousreply 5211/25/2012

I went to Catholic school and while I never had a bad experience with nuns myself, it was just pure luck. There were certainly insane ones at my school, I just got the sane ones.

Although I have to question whether any nun is really sane. I mean, they dedicate their whole lives to what is essentially a fantasy.

by Anonymousreply 5408/31/2014

OP is mentally ill. Congratulations, you made a nun cry, I have no doubt. Are you even yet?

Nuns, like any large group of people, have their share of bad eggs. We shouldn't judge all of them based on the bad ones. We shouldn't judge any of them, actually, but I know some people can't help themselves.

by Anonymousreply 5508/31/2014

I worked with them for 2.5 years (employment).

Though I am/was Catholic and used to them, as an adult I found it fascinating how they dressed a young, sheltered girls (preteens) might do. (The requirement of Habits no longer exists after the Church was reformed.)

Anyways, a lot of them sported white blouses with embroided Peter Pan collars, knee-high socks with loafers, brightly colored plastic beaded necklaces, with shapes of animals, flowers, and candy. These women are in their late 60's/early 70's.

Another fascinating observation: I'd attended a function at one of their homes (group house for Nuns), which was massive. The host Nun took a group of us on a tour of said house. On a few of their beds were stuffed animals and dolls, propped up on the pillow, like a little girl would have done.

After thinking about this, I realized it could be a part of their emotional development stopped around the time they entered the convent.

by Anonymousreply 5608/31/2014

Women religious are dedicated women who care about God, people, and the planet. Priests could learn a thing or two about how to move through the world and relate to people from women religious.

by Anonymousreply 5708/31/2014

Did these "sweet" nuns have you drawing pictures of Protestants burning in hell for art class?

by Anonymousreply 5808/31/2014

The geography, history, government, social justice, art, and music I learned from the nuns in grade school prepared me for my work more than anything taught in high school and college. My job took me all around the globe. After a few years I realized that I owed a lot to the nuns who taught me in a peaceful and calm environment. I went back to visit my 7th grade teacher to share some adventures with her. She was taking an early retirement saying that kids today are undisciplined monsters. She said that teachers spend more time being cops instead of teaching. She studied nursing and went to work in a hospital. My eighth grade teacher did the same. She's head of nurse's training in a major hospital so she's still teaching.

by Anonymousreply 5908/31/2014

So, OP, why don't you try that line with your boss?

Or someone who has real power over you?

by Anonymousreply 6008/31/2014

I was at a party

There was a nun

It was not much fun

You win some

You lose some

by Anonymousreply 6108/31/2014

God will punish you.

by Anonymousreply 6208/31/2014

R58, you are speaking of a Sister from the 1950's. These women are more progressive than you imagine. Women religious are the closest people to Jesus in the Church.

by Anonymousreply 6308/31/2014

I love nuns.

by Anonymousreply 6410/28/2014

In ex-Catholic and OP sounds severely damaged.

Went on vacation with a nun (friend of one of our traveling companions). She was an absolute blast, drank like a fish and hated being called "sister" (she used her first name). Very liberal too and bashed the pope (Benedict) one night when drunk. 100% pro- gay and pro-choice. Not a lesbian and even discussed affairs she had before becoming a nun. She was cool as hell. Died a few years ago from cancer.

Have known other ex-nuns and kept in touch with a high school teacher of mine who later left the convent and married. I still had all the "nightmare nuns" like any catholic school kid, but nuns are people too and they come in all kinds.

I cannot imagine saying to anyone "I cannot speak to your kind". Her reaction paints her in a much better light than OP.

by Anonymousreply 6510/28/2014

I don't know about nuns, but I do remember that female school teachers seemed to be far more sadistic that the males. Most of them were like middle-aged mean girls and their hatred was mostly directed towards boys.

by Anonymousreply 6610/28/2014

I had two friends, different ages from different places, who both went to Catholic schools and told me the same story: the sisters told the boys that after they peed, they had to shake it three times for cleanliness but more than three times was a sin.

by Anonymousreply 6710/28/2014

We were taught by the Immaculate Heart sisters in LA. They were going through their battles with the Cardinal and the Vatican at that point, but we were just little kids so the details escaped up.

What came through was how posh and educated they were. Brilliant role models even today.

by Anonymousreply 6810/30/2014
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!