Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Rehab snitches

How is it that celebrities and other high status people feel safe and anonymous while they're in rehab? There's no way I could disclose personal details about myself.

by Anonymousreply 611/27/2012

Many of the upper-end rehabs (or "rehabs") will cater to a wealthy high-status person who decides to go there. He or she can often choose to be exempt from certain things, most of which usually happen to be group activities. Then there are expensive institutions that don't do groups. Some barely even do therapy; it's like a detox or post-detox spa. I don't know anyone who's had great lengths of continuous success from just going away by themselves. It's usually a sign that someone is still too self-absorbed to see past the end of his/her own nose. But being an addict in general is obviously very tricky.

The most recent HUGE buzz that dealt with a celebrity in a normal-person facility was Demi Lovato, 2 years ago. To my knowledge, someone did divulge some things that she ranted about to the rest of the group there.

by Anonymousreply 111/23/2012

Celebs go to ex$pen$ive rehab facilities. Every other patient there is also rich. They don't want their secrets spilled either. I bet celebs don't spill everything in group sessions. They probably do that part in private sessions with trusted rehab staff. A lot of rehab staff are recovering addicts and won't sell stories. Plus it's actually a crime to sell medical information about a patient

by Anonymousreply 211/23/2012

You would think breaches of confidentiality happen more often.

by Anonymousreply 311/26/2012

I don't know if I believe this but a tabloid journalist once told me they won't go there, it's the one line they won't cross. I suppose it's possible but even if it is true, you'd think by now bloggers would be spilling the beans more often. Then again, bloggers can't offer cash compensation like the tabloids.

by Anonymousreply 411/26/2012

1. Most of us drunks and junkies don't listen to other people; we wait for our turn to speak. It's one of the benefits of meeting with narcissists; we never remember your dirt.

2. Most high-end rehabs are fuckfests. What happens in the stairwells is more memorable than any group therapy.

3. There is a code. I'll talk trash with other drunks, but I don't reveal the few famous people I've encountered - even to Data Lounge.

by Anonymousreply 511/26/2012

As Oprah said, "I'd like to find out who is selling information to the tabloids, cause I can pay them more to keep their mouth shut."

by Anonymousreply 611/27/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!