Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Cameron Diaz: Women "Want to Be Objectified"

She's sexy and she knows it.

Cameron Diaz is aware that some people see her as just a pretty face and a hot body -- but she says that's not necessarily a bad thing. In fact, she rather enjoys being looked at as a sex object, and she believes other women feel the same.

"I think every woman does want to be objectified," the 40-year-old model-turned-actress told the U.K.'s Sunday Times. "There's a little part of you at all times that hopes to be somewhat objectified, and I think it's healthy."

The Bad Teacher star doesn't even mind stripping down to her underwear for photo shoots, as she did for a recent Terry Richardson spread in the November issue of Esquire UK.

"It's empowering," she explained. "I'm not some young girl with the photographer going, 'Will you take your clothes off?' I'm like [mimes stripping], 'How does this look?'"

"[The stylists are] like, 'Today we're not going to put anything other than bras and heels on you, and I'm like, 'These heels are not high enough,'" she continued.

And the stunning single star says that kind of confidence doesn't just come from her world-famous face and figure.

"I'm a woman, I know how to handle myself," she told the paper. "I know what I feel comfortable doing, and I know my sexuality."

by Anonymousreply 3111/25/2012

Oh brother!

by Anonymousreply 111/23/2012

Damn she should keep her narcissistic fucking mouth shut and go away since her career is over anyway.

by Anonymousreply 211/23/2012

She's dumb as a bag of hair.

by Anonymousreply 311/23/2012

Someone should direct Cameron to the 'why do fraus like 50 shades of grey?' thread. It sounds like she'd have plenty to add.

by Anonymousreply 411/23/2012

Maybe if she didn't drop out of school at the age of 16 to pursue her modelling career she would have learned just a smidgen of information on that whole feminism thing....

by Anonymousreply 511/23/2012

Is that why she sued a photographer in order to prevent him from releasing nudies she shot as a young model?

by Anonymousreply 611/23/2012

God. The poor thing just sounds more desperate all the time. She has never understood why she is the girl they fuck and not the one they marry.

by Anonymousreply 711/23/2012

Well it is not like she has talent or technique to fall back on.

by Anonymousreply 811/23/2012

r7 and r2, bravissimo. She reminds me of Jenny McCarthy. They'll say whatever they think sounds cool. Desperate tryhards. She never grew up, like her buddy over there, Gwyneth Paltrow. I give that friendship 3 years, max. But look for the other uneducated PR moves a la Paltrow. Higher learning is your friend, girls.

by Anonymousreply 911/23/2012

A couple of years ago I saw her on Avenue A near Houston, trying to walk in five inch heels in two inches of snow! She was coatless and dressed in a short, sleeveless cocktail dress. She clearly had imbibed some adult beverages and was a giggling hot mess. She was with a couple of young, attractive twinks. How she kept her footing I don't know. She was the silliest sight ever.

by Anonymousreply 1011/24/2012

Love her! She's dead smart, rich as fuck, and prepared to piss in the face of tiresome political correctness. All power to you, babe!

by Anonymousreply 1111/24/2012

Did she ever fix her crater face? She'd scare Edward James Olmos.

by Anonymousreply 1211/24/2012

You mispoke, R11. She'd be dead if she relied on smarts.

by Anonymousreply 1311/24/2012

I can't stand her! Who the hell thinks this reject is even remotely pretty? I have heard she is rude who thinks she is hot stuff, please!

I remember one year watching these Hollywood losers being interviewed on the red carpet about the complete crap they were wearing at the Oscars.I Remember Cameron Diaz came with her hair in a complete toppled mess,and she was wearing a Kimono type robe. When asked about what she was wearing she said she just got out of bed ,and put put on her robe and stuck a bobby pin in her hair, Ah! that movie star class is still alive in Hollywood!

R11, sure she speaks that way now that she is loaded ,and now she is in a successful position! They all are out spoken and holier than thou once they become rich and successful.Do you think they would speak this way when they are on their way to the top and they are not wealthy? They are complete phonies!

by Anonymousreply 1411/24/2012

[quote]"I think every woman does want to be objectified," the 40-year-old model-turned-actress told the U.K.'s Sunday Times. "There's a little part of you at all times that hopes to be somewhat objectified, and I think it's healthy."

Surprisingly, I have to agree.

by Anonymousreply 1511/24/2012

It's a little tragic, but not that surprising, that Diaz doesn't see the difference between being objectified and being found attractive.

by Anonymousreply 1611/24/2012

Just a little secret: I once chatted with a very successful makeup artist. He has done plenty of celebs including Cameron. He said she's cool and nice but her skin is AWFUL. She always needs tons more foundation than anyone else. So without the makeup she's not that pretty but all made up, she looks great.

by Anonymousreply 1711/24/2012

[quote] This A list actress spent most a recent evening at a party crying in a corner. When asked what was wrong, she said it was the first time she had ever been to a party where no men had hit on her and that no one seems to care about her. The actress just downed one drink after the other collecting a pile of shot glasses until at the end of the night she was helped out to a waiting car. All alone.

This is a recent blind item that's supposed to be about Cameron Diaz. I don't know about "A list actress" but it may have originated with that entertainment lawyer blog. Those ratings have always been off.

by Anonymousreply 1811/24/2012

'"It's empowering," she explained. "I'm not some young girl with the photographer going, 'Will you take your clothes off?' '

I wonder if she's referring to the story that recently went around regarding Kate Moss when she was sixteen years old, sobbing in humiliation after being told that if she didn't get naked for the camera her career was over.

by Anonymousreply 1911/24/2012

Is the rumor true that when she was a teenager, someone set her face on fire and to extinguish it they had to stamp on it wearing golf spikes?

by Anonymousreply 2011/24/2012

I don't have anything against Cam, but I honestly think she's not smart enough to know what "objectified" means. The perfect IQ for Hollywood, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 2111/24/2012

[quote]sure she speaks that way now that she is loaded

I thought you meant intoxicated during the interview, not rich.

by Anonymousreply 2211/24/2012

Sounds like she's back on the horse again.

by Anonymousreply 2311/24/2012

I think Cameron's looks are extremely over rated. But what do I know? A lot of straight guys I know are crazy about her and find her incredibly sexy, so maybe I'm the clueless one after all.

by Anonymousreply 2411/25/2012

R24, what do you know? You sound smart to me. Cameron is extremely but ugly and straight guys have no taste in women any more. We went from women like Ava Gardner, Lana Turner, Marilyn Monroe, etc. to this no talent dog? There are many like her in Crapwood.

by Anonymousreply 2511/25/2012

The quickest way to the top is on your back!

by Anonymousreply 2611/25/2012

People will be attracted to whoever the media tells them to find attractive, oftentimes barring actual attractiveness.

by Anonymousreply 2711/25/2012

The last time she looked good was in that Mask movie. She had meat on her bones. She is too stringy and lean now with no defined waistline. Straight up and down like a boy.

Wasn't that dingy actress in Lost in Translation based on Diaz?

by Anonymousreply 2811/25/2012

Straight guys do not think CD is attractive. Not anymore. Her peak was Something About Mary. She really hit a wall several years ago and looks worn out and old in the last 3-4 movies. Her comments are sad because she doesn't know that she's way past her sell by date.

It was uncomfortable watching her in Bad Teacher and that other movie with Tom Cruise, trying to play the same goofy, sexy wild girl that has always been her default. It doesn't work anymore.

Oh and this comment:

[quote]She's dead smart

LMAO. Seriously? Someone who is 40 y/o and says the word "like" in every other sentence? I hope you were joking, R11.

by Anonymousreply 2911/25/2012

R17, no offense but people like Cameron's makeup artist she would be really nice to him or her because she needs him or her.Her makeup artist is a major factor in the line of work that she is in. In that crowed if you are a nobody, they really don't care about you.In fact, I have heard if you are a nobody, she doesn't want to have anything to do with you, please lady! Like I want to remotely speak to her? If I saw her in a room, I would just walk by and turn my face in the opposite direction. She is one of the many crappy people we have in Hollywood who are synonymous with the word, beige!

BTW, I knew someone who was one of the nicest people I ever met. I haven't seen her at lest 15 years.I remember she told me she worked with the Hollywood crowd a bit but not entirely. I think it had to do advertising? something like that. She was a big executive. She would get invited to parties that were loaded with celebrities.The very first thing the would ask her at these parties was, what did she do for a living? The moment she told them they would quickly cut her off immediately,and split because she was no use to them. She said she hated to be around those people because they were so phony and she couldn't have cared less about them, but it was part of her job.

by Anonymousreply 3011/25/2012

LMAO. Seriously? Someone who is 40 y/o and says the word "like" in every other sentence? I hope you were joking, [R11].

R29, I love you LOL! You nailed! Great statement! That is so true and these actress bimbos always talk with these weak scatter brain ditzy voices.

by Anonymousreply 3111/25/2012
Need more help? Click Here.