Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

DLers in NY: How are the Kennedys viewed?

For those of you who missed, it Doug the nurse kicking Kennedy was found not guilty. Sister Kerry drove under the influence of something, hit a truck and drover off and of course there is the sad, sorrid tale this summer of RFK Jr. and his sad crazy wife Mary. Are there any DLer in the Westcheter/Mt. Kisco who have any insight in to how the Kennedys are viewed by the locals? I would think they'd be pariahs, but maybe Kennedy's are just loathed on a national level, rather than a local level.

by Anonymousreply 4011/26/2012

Kennedy's are loathed on a national level

by Anonymousreply 111/23/2012

They're nothing but the best!

by Anonymousreply 211/23/2012

Ever since the iconic and beloved Jacqueline Kennefy Onassis and gorgeous JFK, Jr. died last century, no one gives a shit about any of them. And Caroline's arrogance and utter incompetence in her aborted Senate run killed any residual good will she enjoyed from New Yorkers.

by Anonymousreply 311/23/2012

And of course Ethel Kennedy's nephew killed Martha Moxley with a golf club.

by Anonymousreply 411/23/2012

Ted Kennedy owns this thread.

by Anonymousreply 511/23/2012

EVERYONE hates them. They basically bullied their project coordinator into getting them this multi-million dollar house renovation for free, and then they fired her before the project ended. I don't know if she ever gor paid.

by Anonymousreply 611/23/2012

The good ones died.

by Anonymousreply 711/23/2012

What good ones? Joe? Rose? David? Michael? Ted?

by Anonymousreply 911/23/2012

Caroline's son Jack is doing very fine work for his University paper and seems to have a natural flair with journalism. I have a feeling we all might be hearing more of him later on down the line.

The Shrivers are going to be the ones to watch, though. You have Patrick Schwarzenegger doing a bit of work here and there while in high school and now University. And, Katherine Schwarzenegger slowly making her bones in journalism humbly. That is to say nothing of how Maria Shriver's nieces, and most especially nephews, are turning out as well.

If there truly is such a thing as a Kennedy dynasty then I have a really good feeling it might wind up morphing into a Shriver dynasty more than anything sooner rather than later. Just wait for it.

by Anonymousreply 1011/24/2012

RFK's grandson was just elected to Barney Frank's seat.

by Anonymousreply 1111/24/2012

Many forget that Joe, Jr. crippled a girl for life back in 1970, while driving a Jeep recklessly on a Cape Cod beach.

Her name is Pam Kelly . . . the Kennedy's paid her off with a miserably small amount of $$$. When she needs money badly these days, like for a new roof on her house, she contacts Joe, but he doesn't always return her calls.

BTW, one of Caroline's daughters just smashed into a car in Los Angeles . . . the owner is suing both the daughter and Caroline, who was resistered as the car's owner.

by Anonymousreply 1211/24/2012

Grow up, R8. We're not talking about assassinating leaders. We're talking about the third and fourth generations, how spoiled and irresponsible they are and how they trample over other people to get what they want.

The family has fallen to ruin. Not financially but morally. They have no moral core and no sense of purpose. Teddy, may God rest his soul, was the last link to the Kennedys who wanted to help others -- and Lord knows, on a personal level, he was no moral exemplar himself.

by Anonymousreply 1311/24/2012

[quote]BTW, one of Caroline's daughters just smashed into a car in Los Angeles . . . the owner is suing both the daughter and Caroline, who was resistered as the car's owner

I hadn't heard about that, but it has been settled.

“Everybody, including the Kennedys, and their insurance company, were very caring, understanding, ethical, and honest,” the victim’s lawyer said. "They were first rate people, we're very satisfied."

by Anonymousreply 1411/24/2012

Excuse me OP,this is the DataLounge.There`s no use in asking how is anybody viewed:you know how.

by Anonymousreply 1511/24/2012

Caroline paid Mrs. Bessette $6,000,000.00 so she would not sue the family after the plane crash that killed two of her daughters was ruled "pilot error".

by Anonymousreply 1611/24/2012

None have been murdered in a long time.

They're starting to get terminally uppity again.

by Anonymousreply 1711/24/2012

Caroline Kennedy is the salt of the earth.

by Anonymousreply 1811/24/2012

As a democrat in boston, I HATE them. I swear that the idiot sector of democrats revere them as gods and vote on name alone. They make the rest of us look bad. No matter how many scandals, they are still wildly popular and respected. Other democratic candidates never have a chance against them here.

by Anonymousreply 1911/24/2012

Fug works for fox so he's a tool. Come to think of it the rest of the Kennedy clan are a bunch of tools anyway!

by Anonymousreply 2111/24/2012

On the West Coast I'm viewed as being quite alright.

My Shriver cousins in Maryland and Miami do quite well.

Our time is almost here, bitches, just wait for it.

by Anonymousreply 2211/24/2012

Shrivers are eons better than Kennedys

by Anonymousreply 2311/24/2012

Of course he is suing r12, she is a Kennedy.

by Anonymousreply 2411/24/2012

My dad is a New Yorker, and I'll never forget the time we were walking through a kinda poor neighborhood and he pointed to where some Kennedy brat died of a drug overdose. They seem like entitled scum. Even Teddy went through a reckless period.

by Anonymousreply 2511/24/2012

No Kennedy ever died of a drug overdose in NY.

David Kennedy died of one in Florida.

by Anonymousreply 2611/24/2012

RFK's kids are the worst of the bunch by far. JFK Jr and Caroline turned out alright, as did the Shrivers. With the exception of "date rape" Willie, the Smith kids have led quiet lives, as have the Lawfords (Chris's substance problems and bad acting career aside he's actually a pretty good guy).

Teddy's children were ok too. Ted Jr has shown bravery in his cancer fight and loss of his leg, Patrick's a bit off and struggled certainly but put in his time and knew when to step offstage. Hes very happy by all accounts with his new family and baby.

It's the RFK brood that wipes all the goodwill right off the table for the rest. I can't understand how the other cousins tolerate them and don't show resentment.

by Anonymousreply 2711/24/2012

face it, they're peasants who failed the system. Look at their shanty Irish faces. Such a joke in the 1900s.

by Anonymousreply 2811/24/2012

Note that the Douglas Kennedy cast was heard by a local jury. So Kennedy was acquitted after trying to take his newborn (!) out into the cold winter night AND attacking two nurses who tried to stop him.

The Kennedys only had to convince one guy not to convict, not a jury...and I'm sure that was their plan for the beginning.

Though I'd bet the family's going to have to spread a lot of money around to take care of the nurses' civil complaints.

by Anonymousreply 2911/24/2012

The John-John Seinfeld episode is on in LA...

I remember when JFK Jr died, people insisted we would never see that episode again, but I saw it in reruns just a few months later.

by Anonymousreply 3011/24/2012

The reason why RFK's kids turned out so bad is because Ethel was a rotten mother.

As for the Douglas Kennedy/nurses incident, I was surprised to read AFTER he was acquitted that he fell to the floor of the hospital with his one day old son in his arms during his altercation with the two nurses.

That was never included in any of the reportage leading up to the "trial".

by Anonymousreply 3111/24/2012

R25, R26, David Kennedy was mugged in a Harlem building while he was buying drugs. My dad grew up in the area and said that after that, it was known as the "Kennedy Arms."

by Anonymousreply 3211/24/2012

That's when David Kennedy was dating Rachel Ward . . . never understood that pairing.

by Anonymousreply 3311/25/2012

You must love me. I am an important former journalist, a mother of three beautiful children, a wrong wife, and a former First Lady of California. Plus, my face is the preternaturally sharpest in all the land.

by Anonymousreply 3411/25/2012

This country should of had three consecutive Kennedy Presidencies. It is our great loss in that it didn't happen.

by Anonymousreply 3511/25/2012

They are dirty, dirty people. Kennedy Curse?! It's a curse when you act stupid and recklessly? I guess only when you're from an entitled family that likes to dub itself royalty.

John F. Kennedy Jr. flew a plane in the dark and fog as an inexperienced pilot. You're a freaking millionaire. Fly commercial or charter a plane to get you to your cousin's wedding.

Ted Kennedy drives drunk off a bridge and kills a woman and tries to cover it up.

Ted is also running around a Palm Beach home in his underwear while his nephew is fucking (or raping) some tart on the beach.

JFK is bringing whores in the White House while Jackie is worrying about redecorating it.

Joseph Kennedy had part of his daughter's brain removed because she had opinions and expressed herself.

Joseph Kennedy was also fucking around on the wife of his umteen children with some actress...basically a prostitute, paid to role-play with others.

Dirty people.

by Anonymousreply 3611/25/2012

OP, Joe Kennedy just won Barney Frank's former seat in MA this month by a larger margin than Barney himself did last time.

by Anonymousreply 3711/25/2012

The Kennedys are America's Royal family.

by Anonymousreply 3811/25/2012

by Anonymousreply 3911/25/2012

[quote]It's the RFK brood that wipes all the goodwill right off the table for the rest. I can't understand how the other cousins tolerate them and don't show resentment.

It's that Skakel DNA. Their Skakel cousin Michael murdered Martha Moxley, possibly with the aid of his brother, Tom. Certainly the whole family aided in the longtime cover-up.

by Anonymousreply 4011/26/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!