Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Diahann Carroll

Her picture should be in the dictionary next to "elegance".

They don't make em like her anymore. Regal, gorgeous, classy.

by Anonymousreply 3911/24/2012

Yet another reason why Dynasty should be brought back. They could give her some hot grandsons and a nightclub to run/perform in.

by Anonymousreply 111/23/2012

If she's so regal, gorgeous and classy, what's she doing summing it at half-rate resorts in Denver?

by Anonymousreply 211/23/2012

Alexis, how dare you post that, you vipah!

by Anonymousreply 311/23/2012

Like Ellen Burstyn, she's a real bee-yotch also. If you can't do anything for her, she doesn't wanna know you exist. Sorry, it's the truth.

by Anonymousreply 411/23/2012

Complete phony.

by Anonymousreply 511/23/2012

Oh hell. She's another one who has butchered her face.

Oh well, she had one of the most beautiful apartments of any television series.

by Anonymousreply 611/23/2012

You left out "boring".

by Anonymousreply 711/23/2012

Years ago, I read a review in weekly Variety of a concert performance she gave, where she didn't feel the audience was reacting sufficiently. The reviewer wrote that she looked at the audience and asked, "Are you all faggots?". I wish I had clipped and saved that review.

by Anonymousreply 811/23/2012

Yes, I've heard she's a bitch.

The beginning of her television academy interview at this link says it all.

But she just radiates such fabulousness that I can't help but adore her!

It was perfect casting when she played Jasmine Guy's mother on A DIFFERENT WORLD.

by Anonymousreply 911/23/2012

R2 [quote]summing it

I was told there would be no math.

by Anonymousreply 1011/23/2012

To this day Diahann Carroll will not talk to Nancy Kwan

by Anonymousreply 1111/23/2012

She was briefly married to a boy toy in the 1970's, until he died in a car crash.

by Anonymousreply 1211/23/2012

Scores 5 out of 5 on the LuPone Behavioral Scale. Lots of stories of her diva antics.

by Anonymousreply 1311/23/2012

She had the good taste to be with that hottie Vic Damone.

by Anonymousreply 1411/23/2012

[quote]Her picture should be in the dictionary next to "elegance".

With a cross-reference: "SEE drunks, cunts, nightmares"

by Anonymousreply 1511/23/2012

I enjoy her immensely.

by Anonymousreply 1611/23/2012

People forget about her early work: on Bway, HOUSE OF FLOWERS and NO STRINGS, in movies, CARMEN JONES, PORGY AND BESS, and later, CLAUDINE, and then JULIA, which made TV history.

Her voice is not what it was, and she may be difficult, but she once a singular beauty with a glorious voice and an incredible stage and screen presence.

Must I state the obvious? She should have had a much bigger career than she did.

by Anonymousreply 1711/23/2012

So pretentious to change your name like that.

by Anonymousreply 1811/23/2012

It's an unusual name with those three double-letter combinations.

by Anonymousreply 1911/23/2012

I prefer Diahnne Abbott.

by Anonymousreply 2011/23/2012

She talks about a lot of her stage career and film roles in this long interview from last year.

by Anonymousreply 2111/23/2012

She always seemed like a phoney bitch to me. Don't see what her big talent is

by Anonymousreply 2211/23/2012

If hse was as bitchy as everyone says, she would be less boring.

by Anonymousreply 2311/23/2012

[quote]To this day Diahann Carroll will not talk to Nancy Kwan

She's not the only fucking one, motherfucker!

by Anonymousreply 2411/23/2012

I knew her back when she was just plain old Diane Carroll!

by Anonymousreply 2511/23/2012

Diahann Carroll is the only African-American actress who has been nominated for the Oscar, Tony (having won in 1962), and Emmy specifically in a lead-actress category.

by Anonymousreply 2611/23/2012

Around the time she started shooting her first episodes of "Dynasty", "ET" interviewed on the set. She said that she wanted to be "the first black bitch on television".

by Anonymousreply 2711/23/2012

"She had the good taste to be with that hottie Vic Damone"

She wasn't "with" him, she was married to him. He is a physical abuser, btw.

She was also engaged for a short time to that creepy British nerd, David Frost.

by Anonymousreply 2811/23/2012

Take a good look at her in the movie Goodbye Again with Ingrid Bergman and Tony Perkins.

She was plain bordering on homely. She's had lots of plasti surgery.

by Anonymousreply 2911/23/2012

Begging your pardon, R28, but David Frost was/is one of journalism's most esteemed members and Ms. Carroll was a fool to let him go. Her subsequent relationships were abusive and manipulative, and she proved to be weak. Frost was good to and for her.

by Anonymousreply 3011/23/2012

I worked at a fancy hotel for many years. When the names of 'difficult' guests came up, her name was always the first mentioned.

She screamed at a fellow server and made her cry. She was mad that an automatic gratuity had been added to her bill. That is standard practice and of course the waitress had nothing to do with the policy. She sent things back numerous times, nothing was ever good enough. While rehearsing for her appearance at a local benefit (also in the hotel) she accused the locally hired musicians of stealing a bracelet she misplaced. One of the elderly violinists packed up his instrument and prepared to leave. She asked him where the hell he thought he was going. He looked her in the eye and said, "I don't take this shit from anyone." The other musicians applauded him. We all talked about it because we all saw it happen. The bracelet was found on the floor.

About two months later another server got a letter from a friend who worked for a cruise line. He had been told what occurred at our hotel so he thought his message would be interesting to us. It seems that she was banned from any boat or cruise by this company. They had had enough of her too.

by Anonymousreply 3111/23/2012

[quote]Her picture should be in the dictionary next to "elegance".

The word 'cunt' has dibs on her photo first.

by Anonymousreply 3211/23/2012

R31: What did Miss Carroll say when the local musician put her in her place and the others applauded (we already know she had lots of pearls and diamonds to pick off the floor after hearing his response)?

Btw, Diana Ross was allegedly annoyed they didn't offer the part of D.D./Diahann's role on Dynasty to her. I remember when D.D. slapped Alexis in one scene. Did Alexis ever slap D.D. in a scene?

I've always loved Miss Carroll's elegant manner, beauty, talent and refinement. Its not pleasant hearing she sometimes chooses to be rude and unprofessional. Its always a sign of insecurity (no matter who the nasty individual happens to be.) I love the story of the local violinist putting her in her place. Bravo!

by Anonymousreply 3311/23/2012

[quote][R31]: What did Miss Carroll say when the local musician put her in her place and the others applauded (we already know she had lots of pearls and diamonds to pick off the floor after hearing his response)?

She didn't say a word. I assume she was stunned that someone, a 'nobody' spoke to her like that. She walked out of the large ballroom. I presume she went to her suite in the hotel. Someone called for a short break and we all dispersed. The musicians all went outside to smoke and some ate from a buffet table that was set up. A little later the rehearsal resumed. By that time I guess she had her bracelet and nothing was said. I forgot who found it.

by Anonymousreply 3411/24/2012

If Diahann's a bitch she learned from the best. By most accounts Pearlie Mae Bailey was a royal cunt to young Diahann when they did "House of Flowers".

by Anonymousreply 3511/24/2012

Does she still do her three annual appearances on White Collar?

by Anonymousreply 3611/24/2012

I saw her in that movie with Ingrid Bergman. She doesn't even look like herself. She WAS homely!

by Anonymousreply 3711/24/2012

Interesting woman, talented and beautiful and apparently not very nice.

by Anonymousreply 3811/24/2012

Beg your pardon, r30, David Frost was a creepy pasty-faced nerd. Doesn't matter what his journalistic credentials were. She was smart to get out of that.

Diahann ran around with the married and will-not-marry-her Sidney Poitier for a decade.

by Anonymousreply 3911/24/2012
Need more help? Click Here.