Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Country (Sam Shepard & Jessica Lange)...1984

What do you think of it?

I had the strange experience of owning the wonderful soundtrack for years before I actually saw the film. When I eventually got round to seeing it, I was disappointed and didn't even bother to watch the whole thing. I think I thought it dragged.

But I'm ready to give it another chance. It's enjoyable hearing the music you know so well, actually in the context of the film.

by Anonymousreply 811/23/2012

Is it on Amazon streaming?

by Anonymousreply 111/23/2012

What's on the soundtrack?

by Anonymousreply 211/23/2012

It's original music written for the film.

I think I heard it in a shop, not a record shop, somewhere else and then went and bought it. It was a very powerful record. I used to play it on my walkaman on the NY subway. In those days, if you missed a film when it was released it could take a very long time before it was available on video.

I've found it! This wasn't the best part...

[quote]Is it on Amazon streaming?

I don't know, R1. I'm in England now and we don't have amazon streaming.

by Anonymousreply 311/23/2012

Wow OP, I am so jealous that you have the soundtrack. It is very good.

Love the film, and I have always loved Jessica. MY favorite actress. Music Box is one of her must underrated performances.

by Anonymousreply 411/23/2012

Loved the film also. Jessica was in a position after winning an oscar to get the film made and was one of the producers. Found it better and more watchable than the other farm dramas that year the river and places in the heart. It realistically examined the plight of farmers mortgaged up to their eyeballs in debt in a fascinating and compelling way and yet was entertaining too which is no small feat. The ending is heartbreaking. One of jessicas best.

by Anonymousreply 511/23/2012

"Places In The Heart" same year was way better and a bigger hit.

by Anonymousreply 611/23/2012

[quote]Wow OP, I am so jealous that you have the soundtrack. It is very good.

Can't you buy it at amazon or somewhere?

When I posted the link to the music a few hours ago, I thought I didn't really like it any more. But I've clicked the link again and I really like it. Music sounds horrid to me when I'm in a bad mood, which I was when I posted it.

Here's another track from the soundtrack.

by Anonymousreply 711/23/2012

Best scene in the film was shots of country cookin food in frying pan on stove. That should tell you all you need to know.

by Anonymousreply 811/23/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!