Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Any Thanksgiving stampedes this year?

With more department stores opening on Thanksgiving day itself this year, and Black Friday becoming more spread out, does that mean we'll see fewer videos of shoppers pushing each other out of the way and knocking each other to the ground as stores open? Will we miss the spectacle of human beings willing to step on or over each other in order to buy some cheap shit?

by Anonymousreply 1611/23/2012

Such a thrifty form of entertainment.

by Anonymousreply 111/22/2012

[bold] Shopper Threatens to Stab People in K-Mart Line [/bold]

SOUTH SACRAMENTO (CA) - A shopper threatened to stab people while in line for K-Mart doorbuster deals in South Sacramento.

A line of hundreds had started wrapping the building on Stockton Boulevard since 2 a.m.

Once people came out to give vouchers, the crowds began yelling, cutting and screaming obscenities. That’s when one man threatened to stab others. They laughed, but he said he wasn’t joking. The people entered the store without any problems.

Officers arrived to cheers a little after K-Mart doors opened at 6 a.m. They said there should have been security to control the mob.

K-Mart has more doorbuster deals starting 8p.m. Thursday and 5 a.m. Friday.

by Anonymousreply 211/22/2012

OK, here's my story. Target had a dvd player for 55 bucks that I thought was nice. They opened at 9. I stood in line at 815. I got in within 5 minutes of the store opening, got what I wanted, paid, and was home 10 minutes later. While in line people were pleasant. We all entered in an orderly fashion. Store employees were polite. I also had the right attitude. I really could not have cared less if they had been out of the item I wanted before I got there. I could have walked away. So that helped too.

I know its boring but that's what happened to me.

by Anonymousreply 311/23/2012

Have there been any movies about shop stampedes, excluding Jingle All the Way?

Lifetime should do something

"Crushed: Based on a True Story"

by Anonymousreply 411/23/2012

The only thing faster and more aggressive than the people at my Kmart shoving their way into the store was the pace and anger of the people un-friending Mitt Romney on Facebook.

by Anonymousreply 511/23/2012

[bold] Wal-Mart Shopper Arrested for Disorderly Conduct [/bold]

ORLANDO, Fla. -- A woman was arrested at a Wal-Mart in Florida Thursday night after police say she repeatedly refused an off-duty officer's request to go to the back of the checkout line.

The incident, which happened at the Wal-Mart in Almonte Springs, near Orlando, was captured on video.

The video shows an officer pinning Samantha Chavez, 28, on the floor and handcuffing her near a long line of shoppers.

She was booked on charges of disorderly conduct and resisting arrest without violence. She was released on $550 bail around 4:30 a.m. Friday.

Altamonte Springs police Sgt. Paul Machovina said two officers, hired by Wal-Mart for crowd control, were trying to keep checkout lines orderly.

A store employee had reported that some shoppers were complaining about people trying to cut in line, according to a police news release.

"Ms. Chavez came up to the officer and tried to walk past him," Machovina said.

He asked her to go to the back of the line, but she persisted, trying six or seven times to walk past him, Machovina said.

When she tried again to sneak past him, the officer took her arm, Machovina said.

"She started screaming, throwing her stuff down," Machovina said. The officer and another who had joined him then arrested her.

by Anonymousreply 611/23/2012

Good times. Walmart shoppers rioting over cell phones...

by Anonymousreply 711/23/2012

South Sac is gangville. No suprise. This kind of bullshit makes me ashamed to be an American.

by Anonymousreply 811/23/2012

Nothing can beat that video of those hags that were fighting over 5 dollar waffle irons last year. I forgot which store it was.

by Anonymousreply 911/23/2012

The fight over the waffle irons was insane. Some big fat lesbo bitch walked away with 5 of them.

by Anonymousreply 1011/23/2012

"Oh, My God! Look at them! Look at them!"

by Anonymousreply 1111/23/2012

I guess I could understand people going a little crazy over an expensive item at really low price, Flat screen TV, even a cellphone..but a waffle iron?

by Anonymousreply 1211/23/2012

It is always so amusing to see this particular social class annually make fools of themselves for cheap electronics and useless toys.

Also, if the thug referenced in r2's post was so concerned about his kids, why did he even bring them with him to the store? He and his wife should have agreed she would stay home and watch them.

by Anonymousreply 1311/23/2012

[quote]The fight over the waffle irons was insane. Some big fat lesbo bitch walked away with 5 of them.

If they were $2, what was the regular price?

She obviously got them to resell. I want to know the profit margin. I want to know how much this idiot made after having to wait in a line for Lord knows how many hours, then fight for those waffle irons once she got into the store.

by Anonymousreply 1411/23/2012

Wish I could find that video of Whitney Houston talking about how she personally stampeded into Wal-Mart to "get that Barbie house for my baby!" She'll cut a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 1511/23/2012

[quote]Hundreds Of Young Girls Nearly Stampede Victoria's Secret Pink On Black Friday 2012

by Anonymousreply 1611/23/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!