Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Prince Phillip sticks fingers in ears during Alicia Keys' performance at the Royal Albert Hall

You tell her, Phil.

The Duke, 91, made the gesture during a performance by American singer Alicia Keys, according to reports in the Evening Standard. Keys, who wore a black dress with a revealing overlay, was unaware of the Duke's reaction as she took to the stage accompanied by ballet dancers in the background.

She performed alongside British favourites Rod Stewart, Girls Aloud, One Direction and Britain’s Got Talent winners Pudsey and Ashleigh Butler.

And if the Duke’s verdict on the R&B singer’s performance wasn’t entirely clear, he told reporters he was “stone deaf” when asked which routine was his favourite.

“All of them [are] … but to be honest we’re both stone deaf,” he said after the show.

The ceremony at the Royal Albert hall last night marked the 100th anniversary of the event. It also preceded the Queen and Prince Philip’s 65th wedding anniversary which the royal couple celebrated privately today.

It comes as a new book is due to be published on the Duke's gaffes.

The book, written by veteran royal correspondents Phil Dampier and Ashley Walton, is the second of its kind following Duke of Hazard, which was published in 2006 to mark the duke’s 85th birthday.

One-liners included Prince Philip warning a British student that he would develop “slitty eyes” if he remained in China for too long and telling a Scottish driving instructor to “keep the natives off the booze” long enough for them to pass their tests.

Mr Dampier said: “The Duke comes across as a much more complex ad thoughtful character in this book as we’ve got a lot of his wisdom too.

It’s not just slitty eyes and pot bellies. It’s showing him in a bit more of a rounded light with more philosophical stuff – on organic farming, religion and the Queen. It’s not just one-line insults.”

by Anonymousreply 2311/23/2012

well, the old cunt IS 91, Sir Edward Elgar was still around when he was a young lad.

by Anonymousreply 111/22/2012

Why are they playing Rod Stewart and Alicia Keyes for the queen and Duke of Edinburgh in the first place? You know they'd be much happier listening to a big band play old Glenn Miller tunes.

by Anonymousreply 211/22/2012

Pudsey?

by Anonymousreply 311/22/2012

Embarrasses her Majesty left right and centre! Not that she gives a feck!

by Anonymousreply 411/22/2012

I heard he pinched his nose closed with his fingers and make a stinky face too.

So embarrassing for Alicia.

by Anonymousreply 511/22/2012

Alicia Keys is an amazing performer. But I've listened to at least 3 [italic]TV[/italic] performances (one was her singing at Whitney's funeral) where I thought my eardrums would break. I guess she (or her sound system) has a lot of "reach." Add in Phil's legendary rudeness and ....

by Anonymousreply 611/22/2012

I have to say I am tempted by the book. They guy's a racist old shit, but he really does deliver some great one liners sometimes.

by Anonymousreply 711/22/2012

Why does anyone give a shit about this old cunt? I wish "British royalty" news would be confined to the UK, or at least not news in the US.

Rod Stewart, Girl's Aloud and One Direction all suck though. Alicia should have stood out easily as the best talent there that night.

by Anonymousreply 811/22/2012

Alicia often sings off key and sounds awful.

by Anonymousreply 911/22/2012

Please confine your browsing to non-royal threads then, R8. Thank you!

And thank you for voicing your support for censorship. Such a nice sentiment nowadays.

by Anonymousreply 1011/22/2012

Remember when Philip farted on the balcony? I love that Harry wasn't able to contain himself, and the Queen looks disgusted. Must've been loud and/or nasty!

by Anonymousreply 1111/23/2012

Keys SUCKS!!!!!! She over sings and overemotes. It's totally unnecessary and fake.

by Anonymousreply 1211/23/2012

I stick my fingers in my ears in movie theaters, but not because I don't like the movie.

I do it because they turn the damn speakers up so loud it's actually painful, and if I put my fingers in my ears I can still hear everything - at a volume I can stand.

by Anonymousreply 1311/23/2012

But R14, why are you availing yourself of the freedom to "voice" your sentiment (if you so choose) when you would deny freedom of the press and try to restrict the type of information the rest of us get? Because your precious sensibilities might be violated by talk about royals? Oy vey, a neurotic queen, can't restrain herself from clicking on material she deems annoying or offensive, can't manage her own discomfort, and the solution is "Confine it to the UK! Don't publish it in the U.S.!!!"

Are you DL's resident fascist faggot? Or just Rupert Murdoch?

Or shudder, are you BOTH?!

A fucking hypocritical cunt is on display every moment. Can't swing a stick without hitting one. SMH.

by Anonymousreply 1511/23/2012

Clearly R15 is either a member of the "royals" or a "royal" fanfag. Who knew someone here would be so annoyed by my opinion. It's not about censorship, silly gurl. It's about the notion that most countries (unless part of the British Commonwealth) really shouldn't give a shit about these annoying cunts and the antiquated concept of "royalty". It annoys me that the press outside of the UK is so enamored by these people that they report all their "events" as news. You're clearly mentally unstable and need some help, given the angry tone of your post over such a non-issue.

by Anonymousreply 1611/23/2012

He should have just rattled his jewelry!

by Anonymousreply 1711/23/2012

[quote]Remember when Philip farted on the balcony? I love that Harry wasn't able to contain himself, and the Queen looks disgusted. Must've been loud and/or nasty!

I love the "Eww" look on Princess Anne's face in the first shot.

by Anonymousreply 1811/23/2012

I'm still laughing about when he went to China and spoke with some British students who had been there for quite some time perhaps on some study program and said, "if you stay here much longer you'll get slitty eyes".

by Anonymousreply 1911/23/2012

Those genes are just hideous. Those are some butt ugly people.

by Anonymousreply 2011/23/2012

I read this quickly and thought it said "in his ass", which may have been closer to the truth.

by Anonymousreply 2111/23/2012

I'm sorry but that old Nazi is funny.

by Anonymousreply 2211/23/2012

R16 - You really don't like being called out for your hypocrisy, do you? Too bad you can't edit your posts to reflect your new twist on things.

by Anonymousreply 2311/23/2012
Need more help? Click Here.