Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Abortion Poll! Gay men: be honest!

If you were a woman, could you go through with an abortion?

by Anonymousreply 4103/01/2014

Unless the procedures were done improperly they shouldn't affect your later ability to carry a child to term.

Please don't tell me that there is another idiocy being practiced by younger generations - using abortion as birth control rather than simple pills.

by Anonymousreply 211/22/2012

I like to think I would never let myself get in a situation where I needed one, unless it was out of my control, like rape, but that's pretty easy for me to say since I'll never have to worry about backing it up.

by Anonymousreply 311/22/2012

Abortion slogan: There aren't enought!

by Anonymousreply 411/22/2012

The world is overpopulated. Abort away, use contraception and enact forced sterilization especially in nations where the birth rate exceeds replacement.

by Anonymousreply 511/22/2012

Annual Abortions should be required of every man, woman and child over the age of 10

by Anonymousreply 611/22/2012

It's a dumb question OP. You can't ask a man if he would have an abortion when a man could never be pregnant and know what's that like.

by Anonymousreply 711/22/2012

You're asking ME if I could ever go through with an abortion?

Honey, I've had more kids pulled out of me than a burning orphanage.

by Anonymousreply 811/22/2012

An abortion, Michael!

by Anonymousreply 911/22/2012

I wish I were a woman -- just so I could have an abortion.

by Anonymousreply 1011/22/2012

I'm GLAD I had an abortion!

by Anonymousreply 1111/22/2012

If biology had made men capable of getting pregnant there would be abortion clinics in every Wal-Mart in America.

by Anonymousreply 1311/22/2012

There'd be home abortion kits for $5.99 (on sale at Walmart 3/10.00)

by Anonymousreply 1411/22/2012

I'm having an abortion and I can't WAIT.

by Anonymousreply 1511/22/2012

I was sexually active with women into my 20's and got two of them pregnant. I ponied up the $ and accompanied both of them to the clinic, because that's what you do.

by Anonymousreply 1611/22/2012

Oh Lulu! No!

by Anonymousreply 1711/22/2012

Part of the reason it has gone down is many state went completely under republican control and passed laws making it very dificult to get an abortion.

Mississippi now only has 2 providers and a lot of hoops to jump through and has one of the lowest abortion rates. It also has the highest teen pregnancy rate. Go figure.

by Anonymousreply 1811/22/2012

The abortion-control push began after the 2010 midterms when the republicans gained so many houses, and the statistic was from 2009, so that theory is incorrect, or at best, incomplete, R18. However, funding for abstinence-only education was cut, and funding for sex ed increased due to the Democrats controlling the House, which resulted in the falling rates in 2007, 8 and 9. And watch, since the republicans took control in 2010, you'll see the rates going back up.

by Anonymousreply 1911/22/2012

If I were a woman, I'd be a white woman, with a job, with medical coverage, already on the pill, who would insist that any sexual partner wear a condom to prevent STD transmission.

Birthing babies isn't in the equation.

And if all that should fail, I would abort.

by Anonymousreply 2111/23/2012

Face it..if gay men could get pregnant we'd be eating Soylent Green within a generation.

by Anonymousreply 2211/23/2012

R22 wins. Epic golf clap.

by Anonymousreply 2311/23/2012

I'm having an abortion as I type this!

by Anonymousreply 2502/28/2014

This old-ass thread is mostly hilarious, but I do not understand R22. Is having seen the movie a requisite for getting the joke?

I'm totally with R5 and R6. Overpopulation is a SERIOUS MOTHERFUCKING PROBLEM. Don't have fucking kids. If you get pregnant, fucking abort it. PERIOD. Get over your narcissism. Most of the people who have kids are goddamn morons anyway.

by Anonymousreply 2602/28/2014

well if my morning after pills that i eat like m&m's don't kick in then hi ho hi ho it's off to abort I go.

by Anonymousreply 2803/01/2014

Yeah yeah yeah R27, how dare those hussies lead normal lives if they get knocked up they should have the kid, shame on them, what a bunch of sluts....

by Anonymousreply 2903/01/2014

[quote]It's a big deal insofar as if you have too many of them you can fuck up your reproductive system and remove any later chance you might have of having children. I have a couple of female friends who this happened to in college and they are not happy about that now they're settled and adults. They were stupid about using reliable birth control methods when they were in college and just after.

This is bullshit.

Abortions done safely have zero effect on future fertility or being able to carry a fetus to term. This bullshit is spread by pro lifers. The women in your scenario have other reasons why they have reproductive problems. Nothing to do with abortion.

by Anonymousreply 3003/01/2014

Uh, yes. I don't want to pass a bowling ball.

by Anonymousreply 3103/01/2014

[quote] I really think its awful. I can't imagine being in the position to need one, not because I'm gay or a man, but because birth control works

Gay here. I watched a documentary with my sister on this very subject a few nights ago On Demand called After Tiller.

Its about the last few doctors in the USA performing late term abortions. I was surprised to learn that most of these fetuses are significantly deformed. I had no idea. Very informative doc.

Yes, certainly I'm quite sure I would be open to the procedure.

by Anonymousreply 3203/01/2014

Well, of course, R32. Since late-term abortion is legal only in certain cases -- like the likelihood that the fetus won't make it to term, or would die a horrible death shortly after birth -- the only people who are going to talk about it or further allow it to be documented are those that 1) live in a location where the laws are more humane, and 2) can most likely afford a private doctor, the facility, and the recovery period.

You do know Rick Santorum's wife had a late term abortion in just these circumstances, don't you? Funny how when confronted with making the choice, it was okay for them.

Meanwhile, the vast majority of abortions are preventable through diligent use of birth control. The Pill should be widely available for no cost, and frankly, not require a prescription or even a visit to the doctor. Nurse practitioners should be sufficient. And condoms should be dispensed in every middle and high school boys' bathroom across the land. If the pro-life crowd wanted any credibility for their position, they should advocate for easy access to birth control and comprehensive sex education. But that requires far, far more compassion and caring than anyone on that side of the argument has to offer.

by Anonymousreply 3403/01/2014

[quote] Since late-term abortion is legal only in certain cases --

Perhaps you'd be interested to watch the documentary.

by Anonymousreply 3503/01/2014

[quote]If the pro-life crowd wanted any credibility for their position, they should advocate for easy access to birth control and comprehensive sex education. But that requires far, far more compassion and caring than anyone on that side of the argument has to offer.[/quote]

Preach it! But - USUALLY - being pro-life also coincides with being religious, where pre-marital sex and/or is birth control methods are a "no-no" or looked down upon.

[quote]The Pill should be widely available for no cost, and frankly, not require a prescription or even a visit to the doctor. Nurse practitioners should be sufficient. [/quote] I agree with you that NPs should be "sufficent enough" to preform an gynological exam and write the script for the Pill. (In my state, NPs can open their own practice without the supervision of a doctor; IDK if that's true nation-wide.) However, I do think that an exam and script should be needed. More things that needing/wanting to be on the Pill can go into deciding what Pill you are perscribed.

And an FYI: Both the Pill and the morning-after-Pill/similar kinds of medicine are listed as effective for women who are 165 pounds or less. After that, the effectiveness and quality of the medicine in the body can be effected and/ord distorted

by Anonymousreply 3603/01/2014

To answer the basic question, I'm certain I would not have an abortion.

by Anonymousreply 3703/01/2014

Once again, children belong in kleenex, period!

by Anonymousreply 3803/01/2014

I would get an abortion if I was a woman. Fetus is not a human being yet. Anti-abortion people usually seem to get their ideas from religion which is really not the best place to get scientific knowledge.

I'm especially sickened by the religious idiots who want to force raped women who get pregnant to have those babies. That is just cruel beyond belief.

by Anonymousreply 3903/01/2014

R27 is a fucking idiot.

by Anonymousreply 4003/01/2014

What annoys me is that those against abortion are saying women use it as birth control. Fuck no! Most women do NOT want to take an abortion. Most women ONLY do it if they feel they have to. They do it after weeks of careful consideration. And it should absolutely be THEIR CHOICE. Nobody else should be able to take that choice away from them.

by Anonymousreply 4103/01/2014
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!