Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Trying to find Mr Right when they are searching for Mr Wrong(my opinion )

So it is another night looking through online profiles for my Prince( Honestly how did Kate Middleton have such great Karma that she meets her Prince and I have to resort to troll through copious amounts of online profiles to find my one.

The problem is not that I don't find them.I find him every day.The problem is he doesn't want me!!!Well at least not according to his online profile anyway.

The amount of times I read a gay profile of movies a guy likes say GWTW or old movies or books or antiques or quiet nights at home or humour or intelligence or an Anglophile or likes politics or loves his friends and swimming and I sigh thinking this is it we match we will be perfect..... Then I read the dreaded words.

"Wanted straight acting guy hot slim attractive ..footballer blah blah blah .you get my drift. I then think why?why?

Nothing in the person's profile gives you an indication that this what they want and it makes me sad.

So many guys are lonely and want friends or lovers and you have profiles full of things that many many men want and then you look for a person like Marky Mark without the wife or kids and wonder why you haven't found Mr Right.

Well I am here to say I am here looking for a straight acting slim guy into football:)

by Anonymousreply 1811/23/2012

by Anonymousreply 111/22/2012

Guys who describe themselves as straight-acting are usually the ones with a purse and the Donna Karan Fall Collection falling out of their mouth every time they speak.

by Anonymousreply 211/22/2012

Any man who even USES terms like "straight acting" is self loathing. And a mess.

And finding love online is really sad and desperate. People with profiles on dating sites are, well, shall we say, "challenged" in many ways. Another word would be LOSERS. Get out in the world. Connect with REAL people. Don't waste your time on internet dating sites.

by Anonymousreply 311/22/2012

I don't agree that dating site people are all lost causes. Not by a long shot. I've met some nice guys through such sites... it's a convenience. It's the kind of site you need to be leery of, at least in my experience. Douchebags tend to to congregate in places like Grindr. Hello Cupid has done well for me.

by Anonymousreply 411/22/2012

What is the best site to meet discreet married men for those of us who are unable to commit to LTR right now?

by Anonymousreply 511/22/2012

[quote]Any man who even USES terms like "straight acting" is self loathing. And a mess.

Nonsense. They are saying they are not interested in some fashion-obsessed, black-woman-imitating, Lady Gaga-obsessed clone who refers to males friends as "she." People like that get a lot of attention (they DEMAND it), so people think they represent a larger part of the dating pool than they really do.

by Anonymousreply 611/22/2012

Not everyone lives right by the Abbey and can slip in his teeth and hobble over there every night, r3.

by Anonymousreply 711/22/2012

That's a fair point, R6. Not everybody wants to date a neon sign. And remember, even the nelliest queen has a shot as long as she's thin.

by Anonymousreply 811/22/2012

"Neon sign" is only one facet of the matter. It is also a matter of attraction and compatibility.

by Anonymousreply 911/22/2012

"Straight acting" is such a homophobic term. Guys (who aren't insecure headcases) don't "act" straight just like effeminate gay men don't "act" feminine. In both cases it's just the individual's natural personality and demeanor.

by Anonymousreply 1011/22/2012

So then masculine is the right word, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 1111/22/2012

My friend and I were just on the phone last night talking about how frustrating these dating sites are. We both came across losers this week who set us up to think we'd possibly made a connection with someone only to bail in the end. In my case, I saw this guy's profile, sent him a message, he wrote me back almost instantly talking about how much he just LOVED my profile, my pics, told me his name and what he's into, etc., then asked me what I like to do for fun around the city. I wrote him back with an answer, asked him what about you, and then never heard from him again. Just another typical bullshitter.

As for those saying forget the sites and try to meet people in real life, I agree, but also agree with R4 that the sites are just a convenience. I've met and dated guys over the years who I met both online AND in everyday life (and some were great and others not). Whichever way you meet them, you can't ever know what the outcome will be. All you can do is hope for the best.

by Anonymousreply 1211/22/2012

It is always a good idea to search for variations on the guy's nickname online....many times you will find he also has profiles on multiple sex sites alongside his 'dating' profile.

by Anonymousreply 1311/22/2012

"And finding love online is really sad and desperate."

Attention Eldgergays: pay heed to this. If you're over 40 and still trolling sites like Big Muscle, it really is an act of desperation to be posting "come hither" photos of yourself in your underwear.

Give it up already.

by Anonymousreply 1411/22/2012

I think those evenings set up by for people whose profiles would put them together is a great idea. There are event activities and you get to interact with these applicants in a nonthreatening way to see whether you are interested in going out.

by Anonymousreply 1511/22/2012

In some respects, the jerk could have jerked you around in a similar way in real life, so really, at least it saved you time.

by Anonymousreply 1611/22/2012

Let me get this straight, OP. You want guys who don't want you? And you think THEY are the problem?

Subconsciously you either don't want to be in a relationship or you are afraid of it. With that kind of attitude you do not attract a proper mate, but one failure after another.

The best way to catch your perfect mate is to simply play a little passive agressive game with fate. Show fate that you are so happy with the way your life is right now that you don't really need a mate (be convincing, be very convincing) and fate is going to throw mate after mate after mate in your direction (so many of them that they will actually fight over you).

by Anonymousreply 1711/22/2012

[quote]It is always a good idea to search for variations on the guy's nickname online....many times you will find he also has profiles on multiple sex sites alongside his 'dating' profile.

I tried this once with a guy whose profile I found on a sex site where he identified as gay and wanting to meet men for sex. I discovered that he used the same nickname on other sex sites as well as a few gay dating sites. Even more surprisingly, he betrayed a thorough lack of originality by using the same nickname on straight dating and straight sex sites where he identified as straight and his profile said that he wanted to meet women for dating or casual sex.

by Anonymousreply 1811/23/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!