Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

When people with many children have one die...

Do they feel the loss as much as people with only one or 2 do?

In other words...flowers or what a simple sympathy card do?

by I mean the have 6 others left...reply 2312/01/2012

Be sure and share that with them as part of your sympathy message, OP. It would be good for them to know who/what they're dealing with.

by I mean the have 6 others left...reply 111/22/2012

I condole them.

by I mean the have 6 others left...reply 211/30/2012

I'm sure the pain is as great but they are more surrounded by the love of others so it may help them cope better and recover faster.

Staying busy is important and when you have other children there isn't much time to wallow or spend too much time thinking of your own pain. You move on and appreciate what you still have.

by I mean the have 6 others left...reply 311/30/2012

I think it depends upon the age of the child, do you mean actual child or when the child reaches adulthood?

by I mean the have 6 others left...reply 511/30/2012

if the children were little....i'll take the feets for my collection

by I mean the have 6 others left...reply 611/30/2012

I know what you're getting at OP, but I think with your own children its different.

by I mean the have 6 others left...reply 711/30/2012

Well, OP, your hypthetical grieving parents have to cope with six hysterical children who have been traumatized by the loss of a sibling.

I'd say that calls for sympathy.

by I mean the have 6 others left...reply 811/30/2012

My parents had seven children until one of them, my eldest sister, died two weeks ago. They're absolutely heartbroken. We all are.

She was 63. My parents are 84 and 90.

I'll pass on your condolences.

by I mean the have 6 others left...reply 1011/30/2012

Agree with R10. Children shouldnt pre-decease their parents. I lost a brother when he was 45. My parents were devastated. As were the remaining 4 of us siblings. send flowers.

by I mean the have 6 others left...reply 1111/30/2012

Depends on if it was one of the favorites or not.

by I mean the have 6 others left...reply 1212/01/2012

OP - Treat each death equally and make no assumptions.

I went to high school with a boy who turned out to be gay and later died from an AIDS related illness. He was the youngest child in his family and the only son. After his death, his mother told a family friend that her son had deserved to die.

My aunt lost the 3rd of her 4 children at 18 months and she grieved for the little girl for the remainder of her life. The little girl had major physical and mental problems, and care brought significant stress to my aunt, but she was dearly loved. Strangely, my cousins NEVER mention her.

by I mean the have 6 others left...reply 1412/01/2012

Studies have shown that people with lots of children are less devastated when one of them dies.

by I mean the have 6 others left...reply 1612/01/2012

OP R2 R6 R15 - You really are sick.

by I mean the have 6 others left...reply 1712/01/2012

Were you expecting maybe comments like "oh hell, there's more where that came from" from the ones with alot of kids? My teachers in high school sometimes used to say that there are no dumb questions, butt......

I think it would depend on the family OP (and maybe even how dysfunctional they are??)

by I mean the have 6 others left...reply 1812/01/2012

R4, STFU. Christ.

by I mean the have 6 others left...reply 1912/01/2012

Only on DL would a question like this be asked in all seriousness.

Amazing.

by I mean the have 6 others left...reply 2012/01/2012

I have an aunt and uncle who had ten kids. A very closely knit family. Over the years, two of them have died, and each death was devastating to the whole family.

by I mean the have 6 others left...reply 2112/01/2012

OP -- Is that you, Umpy?

by I mean the have 6 others left...reply 2212/01/2012

Why are so many gay men single?

by I mean the have 6 others left...reply 2312/01/2012
Need more help? Click Here.