Buck Henry!

Anthony Rapp!

Charles Grodin!

and .... RAUL!

(and it's about pedos!)

by Anonymousreply 3211/27/2012

Watching it now...

by Anonymousreply 111/22/2012

Holy shit, it took me about 40 minutes to realize that was Charles Grodin!

God bless, Dr. Hill...

by Anonymousreply 211/22/2012

Am I the only one who thought Grodin looked like Dick Cheney? Acted like him, too?

by Anonymousreply 311/22/2012

Grodin was very good in this episode. Gould's over-enunciation of every word was odd. He was miscast as a gay teacher. Why did Olivia look like she was dressed up to go to a cocktail party in almost every scene?

by Anonymousreply 511/22/2012

[quote]Why did Olivia look like she was dressed up to go to a cocktail party in almost every scene?

Because she is the STAH and this is a performance! Is Mariska still wearing her wedding ring while playing Olivia?

by Anonymousreply 611/22/2012

Same here, R2! It wasn't until his apology speech at the end that I realized it was him.

Raul must have gone on a eating binge after Leap Of Faith bombed on Broadway because some of those suits looked a little too tight around his waist. I still love him and hope he sticks around.

by Anonymousreply 711/22/2012

I think it's clear Grodin was intentionally channeling Cheney.

I disagree about Raul. I think he has LOST weight.

Did you see the previews? Patricia Arquette looks like ten miles of bad road!

by Anonymousreply 811/22/2012

Remember, r7, the camera adds ten pounds. Raul is holding at the same weight he was during Leap, and to be honest, I think he could stand to gain a couple of pounds. In person he looks and feels so thin that you just want to make him eat a cheeseburger or three.

by Anonymousreply 911/22/2012

Raul's shorter than I thought, he's not as tall as Mariska and she's 5'8". And I don't think she wears heels.

by Anonymousreply 1011/22/2012

Ok I'm watching that show and I can't place Grodin but I know the voice. It's so distinctive and all of a sudden it hits me. That's Charles Grodin!! I remember him from the Heartbreak Kid and Midnight Run (which I thought he was great in). He was such a great Mr. Normal Guy. And then I saw him last night after not seeing him probably in 20 years and I couldn't believe how old he is (and I am). Where did the time go? But I still think he's great.

by Anonymousreply 1111/22/2012

Does Grodin really look like that these days or - and I'm being serious here - was he under latex?

Because the whole time I was watching him I had that sensation there was somebody I recognized in there somewhere, but damned if I knew who it was.

And me too - totally thought Cheney. Grodin played asshole really well. That guy was not nice.

by Anonymousreply 1211/22/2012

Isn't it always about pedos?

by Anonymousreply 1311/22/2012

R12 i googled him and yes he really looks like that now. He's 77 years old!!!!! That floored me. I never would have guessed he was that old.

by Anonymousreply 1411/22/2012

One star is missing.

Chris Meloni.

by Anonymousreply 1511/22/2012

I can't wait for the Patricia Arquette episode, R8. I never understand why she had the career she had. She has to be one of the worst mainstream actors I've ever seen. Even ROSANNA is a better actress than her.

by Anonymousreply 1611/23/2012

Which character did Raul play?

by Anonymousreply 1711/23/2012

He was the prosecutor. He has a recurring role now on SVU as Assistant District Attorney Rafael Barba. He talks really fast like a lawyer and they dress him in really snazzy suits.

by Anonymousreply 1811/23/2012

Don't forget Raul wore very visible male spanx during LEAP OF FAITH.

So he hasn't gained or lost weight since, he just isn't hiding his girth under foundation garments on TV...

by Anonymousreply 1911/23/2012

Is that you, Michael Riedel, at r19? Trolling, trolling, trolling, insisting Raul is "fat"?

He's not, and the fact that you want to insist that he is proves you're a sick fuck who's never met him. If you had, you'd see how thin he looks in person, and if you'd had your hands on him wearing nothing more than a t-shirt and jeans, you'd see that there are no spanx or any other "foundation garment", and you'd have felt how thin he is.

But obviously you never have, and never will. So just go away.

by Anonymousreply 2011/23/2012

Not deliberately, r21. I think the problem is that Amaro isn't a strong enough male character for her to play against and the balance is lost.

by Anonymousreply 2211/23/2012

I'm usually into twinks, but Danny Pino makes me moist. He's not considered a twink, is he?

by Anonymousreply 2311/23/2012

No, Rose, Danny Pino is 38 years old.

by Anonymousreply 2411/23/2012

Why do you never hear anything about Jason and Elliott? Are they estranged?

by Anonymousreply 2511/23/2012

I also couldn't believe how short Raul looked next to Mariska. What's his real height?

by Anonymousreply 2611/25/2012

I'd like to see Linus Roache return as Executive ADA Michael Cutter and watch him and Barba bitch slap each other.

by Anonymousreply 2711/25/2012

I think Mariska's makeup and clothes look ridiculous. What NYC detective wears that much makeup and wears silk blouses? It's just another way to make her look fem but she's too much of a butch to pull off that look.

by Anonymousreply 2811/25/2012

"Why do you never hear anything about Jason and Elliott? Are they estranged?"

Elliott did not take Jason gayness well in the beginning, contrary to popular opinion. He "based" it on his mother; his being around women too much. Elliott = not very bright. He took it personally.

Later, how wonderful it is to have a gay son!!!

Elliott now = anything to get a job.

by Anonymousreply 2911/25/2012

Anthony Rapp is a much better stage actor than TV actor.

by Anonymousreply 3011/27/2012

The Hands On Raul Esparza Troll may be my new favorite weirdo DL personality.

by Anonymousreply 3111/27/2012

I thought Buck Henry died years ago.

by Anonymousreply 3211/27/2012
Need more help? Click Here.