Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Dates from HELL!

I'm sure there have been threads on this before, but I've been here a while, and haven't seen any, sop thought I'd start one. Here's goes one of mine ...

Chatted with a guy years ago, who seemed interesting (we shared an interest in travel, etc.), so we met for dinner. Throughout the meal, he kept on about being "straight appearing" and that, as he was divorced, folks would be less inclined to think he was gay. Towards the end, he pulled a crumpled wad of banknotes from his pocket, extracting a British one (ten pounds I think), asking if I wanted to "buy" it from him as I had plans to go to London in the near future; I declined. A couple of nights later he IM'ed me very late (after midnight), but cut the conversation short with "there's someone at the door!"

I'm sure others can top this fairly easily though.

My runner-up is the fellow who was presentable enough, but STANK like he'd been mucking barns all day (an acquaintance thought that sounded like a meth symptom).

by OPreply 511/21/2012

Almost immediately asked to borrow some money to tide him over "till next time we get together".

And I had a stinky date too, OP, but I think it was severe coke sweat. Ugh.

by OPreply 111/21/2012

There have been threads on this before.

by OPreply 211/21/2012

Well, there was the guy who asked me towards the end of our first (last and only) date how many suits I owned. When I told him I didn't know because I didn't count them, he proceeded to tell me exactly how many he had, with some detail.

The date ended shortly thereafter.

I'm quite certain that he was weird in other ways as well, but the suit-counting thing has stuck in my mind all these years.

by OPreply 311/21/2012

I've had many horrible dates over the years, so I'll just mention one. This guy spent an hour talking about how he couldn't keep a job for longer than 6 months - it was always someone else's fault - and he smelled like mildew. I had to make up an excuse to leave once it became clear that he wanted to go elsewhere after the date.

by OPreply 411/21/2012

R2 - I thought so, but felt newer members might get a chance at it this way.

R3 - he was probably a suitsex fellow, who should've been more upfront about it as a fetish, rather than being INCREDIBLY un-subtle about his interest.

by OPreply 511/21/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!