Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. (D-IL) has just resigned

Jesse Jackson Jr. will resign his seat in Congress Wednesday, the Illinois Democrat's brother told the Chicago Tribune.

Jonathan Jackson told the newspaper his brother will make the announcement "momentarily" in a letter to House Speaker John Boehner. An anonymous source confirmed those plans to the Chicago Sun-Times.

News outlets reported Wednesday morning that Jackson had canceled a morning conference call with staff for fear of media eavesdropping.

This summer, Jackson abruptly dropped out of the public eye. His staff first reported the congressman, son of Rev. Jesse Jackson, had been on a leave of absence for exhaustion, then indicated his condition was more serious. After pressure from colleagues and others it was revealed Jackson was being treated at the Mayo Clinic for bipolar disorder and other gastrointestinal issues.

Jackson left the clinic in September, but returned the following month.

He was reportedly at the clinic Nov. 6 when he easily won re-election in his Democratic Chicago-area district.

The House Ethics Committee has been investigating Jackson for his alleged connections to the potentially improper process of filling the Senate seat formerly held by Barack Obama.

by Anonymousreply 2811/22/2012

He's dumber than hell. Only got elected because he's daddy's boy.

Now the question is.... will he have to go to prison?

by Anonymousreply 111/21/2012

Yeah, let's destroy another democrat!

He won re-election, so the people have no problem with him. But, who cares, right?

by Anonymousreply 211/21/2012

He's been crazy all his life. He never belonged in Congress.

by Anonymousreply 311/21/2012

I never realized bipolar disorder is a gastrointestinal issue.

by Anonymousreply 411/21/2012

So, r2, black idiots also keep electing Marion Barry.

Do you honestly think that fool is fit for elected office?

by Anonymousreply 511/21/2012

BOO Fuckin' HOO!

by Anonymousreply 611/21/2012

I'm depressed about this.

by Anonymousreply 711/21/2012

R5, white idiots keep electing Bachmann and Louie Gohmert and Steve King. All of whom are far more disgusting and outrageous than Jackson.

by Anonymousreply 811/21/2012

I wish Jesse Jackson Jr. well in his recovery from depression. It's a mental illness that needs to be treated seriously.

by Anonymousreply 911/21/2012

Bachmann damn near lost.

Jackson and Barry coast.

And now Michigan has elected an 8-time felon to the state house.

by Anonymousreply 1011/21/2012

r5, and you can fucking bet that peckerwoods like you are the only fuckers who keep Rush alive and kicking on broadcast radio. And that sumbitch and fit for shit.

by Anonymousreply 1111/21/2012

Democrats - both black and white, voted for Jackson, fully aware that he might resign. We kept the seat in Democratic hands. Now, a replacement can be found. Should we have voted for a Republican???

by Anonymousreply 1211/21/2012

Jesse was not able to campaign because he was still in the hospital.

But since it is a solid Democratic district, I'm assuming a replacement can be elected to keep it in Democratic hands.

by Anonymousreply 1311/21/2012

Everybody must get stoned.

by Anonymousreply 1411/21/2012

Don't be silly. He resigned primarily to get out from under the Federal investigation into his misuse of funds.

Good riddance.

by Anonymousreply 1511/21/2012

He's still going to a country club prison.

by Anonymousreply 1611/21/2012

I see that they really added rural territory to his district when the re-drew the map for 2012 (see link). Is that still a safe Democratic seat even with Kankakee included?

by Anonymousreply 1711/21/2012

Sorry, forgot link:

by Anonymousreply 1811/21/2012

I was surprised he ran in the first place. Weren't there legit mental health issues recently?

What's the procedure here. His seat never would have been at risk to go to a Republican, so did he run just so he could name the successor. How is the replacement chosen?

by Anonymousreply 1911/21/2012

This article from New York Magazine actually made me feel sorry for the guy. Jesse Sr. sounds like a jealous asshole.

Jesse Jr. has definitely made his share of mistakes, but I think his old man really fucked with his head.

by Anonymousreply 2011/21/2012

I hope Jackson Jr. get the help he needs and does not end up in prison.

If he's got the cray cray, prison won't do a damn thing for him or anyone else.

by Anonymousreply 2111/21/2012

[quote]What's the procedure here. His seat never would have been at risk to go to a Republican, so did he run just so he could name the successor. How is the replacement chosen?

An open House seat requires a special election.

by Anonymousreply 2211/21/2012

From the redrawn map for Jackson, it looks like he better move to Gary, Ind and run as hoosier if he wants a safe seat.

by Anonymousreply 2311/21/2012

I've posted this before, but I waited on Sr. and Jr and the family many times years ago when Jr. was a child, and he was very polite and well mannered young man with a great deal of poise.

They were in public, so they were obviously "on" but they laughed and joked and interacted all though dinner. Sr. seemed like a good Dad.

by Anonymousreply 2411/21/2012

He's remarkably handsome.

by Anonymousreply 2511/21/2012

☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻

by Anonymousreply 2611/21/2012

"bipolar disorder and other gastrointestinal issues."

Since when is bipolar a gastro issue???

by Anonymousreply 2711/21/2012

I agree, r25. Very handsome !

by Anonymousreply 2811/22/2012
Need more help? Click Here.