Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

BREAKING-Ceasefire agreement Israel/Gaza

Hilary Saves the World

by Anonymousreply 3911/21/2012

But we want war!!! Wahhahahahhharble Garble!

by Anonymousreply 111/21/2012

Gobble Gobble!

by Anonymousreply 211/21/2012

Now if only people could spell her name right- HILLARY.

by Anonymousreply 411/21/2012

R3 = John McCain ?

by Anonymousreply 511/21/2012

That will look really good on her resume if she does end up running in 2016.

by Anonymousreply 611/21/2012

Israel and Hamas have agreed to a cease-fire, the Egyptian foreign minister said Wednesday in a press conference, after eight days of fighting that have killed more than 140 Palestinians and five Israelis.

The cease-fire is set to start at 9 p.m. Cairo time, Egyptian Foreign Minister Mohamed Kamel Amr announced at a press conference alongside U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

“The United States welcomes the agreement today for the cease-fire in Gaza," Clinton said.

by Anonymousreply 711/21/2012

the truce includes a deal to allow freer crossing across Gaza border

by Anonymousreply 811/21/2012

And this will last exactly how long? 10, 20 minutes?

by Anonymousreply 911/21/2012

Hillary 2016!

I noticed when Obama went to Burma, he took Hillary and she's the one that got the enthusiastic hug from Aung San Suu Kyi, not Obama. In fact, I heard she was pissed he went to see her. It looked like he was helping Hillary look good.

by Anonymousreply 1011/21/2012

The thing is, Hillary isn't necessarily going to run in 2016. People expect her to, but she hasn't said she will. In fact, she appears to have said she is retiring from politics in January.

by Anonymousreply 1111/21/2012

When Jesus said "Blessed are the peacemakers.." he meant that peace can only be achieved through war

by Anonymousreply 1211/21/2012

And, R11, I seem to remember her stating more an once that she wasn't going to run for things. Guess what happened next.

by Anonymousreply 1311/21/2012

[quote] I noticed when Obama went to Burma, he took Hillary and she's the one that got the enthusiastic hug from Aung San Suu Kyi

Last year Hillary paved the way for this trip, and became tight with Aung San Suu Kyi.

I have to imagine, also, that Hillary provided some level of vocal and other support to Aung San Suu Kyi during all those house-arrest years while Hillary was First Lady and Senator.

by Anonymousreply 1411/21/2012

Hillary-Schmillary.

It will last maybe a few hours, and we'll be back to the old tit for tat.

by Anonymousreply 1511/21/2012

R3, Your hatred of the human race makes me believe that an evil force actually exists. Kudos to Hillary, and for proving once again why MR was a terrible choice; we would already have been at war.

by Anonymousreply 1611/21/2012

I thought R3 was being clever. I mean greasefire is somewhat of a DL "tradition."

by Anonymousreply 1711/21/2012

[quote]Hilary Saves the World

Now maybe she'll do something with that hair.

by Anonymousreply 1811/21/2012

I agree R18, can somebody please put a ceasefire on that hair? Her hair-so is a hair-don't!

by Anonymousreply 1911/21/2012

R15, it's actually been quite peaceful over the past few years over there...compared to the previous decade. It's possible that this peace might last longer than you think.

by Anonymousreply 2011/21/2012

r10 I've been trying to find the video of that. Where did you see it?

by Anonymousreply 2111/21/2012

Netanyahu is beyond obsessed with tying this with Iran. Is Iran actually arming Hamas? I dont believe they are. I think he just is looking for a reason to create a problem with Iran.

by Anonymousreply 2211/21/2012

R21 go to Rachel Maddow's blog

by Anonymousreply 2311/21/2012

Hillary should be President right now; Obama should be waiting in line. They got it backwards.

by Anonymousreply 2411/21/2012

Thank you so much r23. I am embarrassed to admit I searched for the wrong video. I searched for the meeting with the Prime Minister of Thailand. D'oh.

In my defense, I was just reading an article on that meeting and it must have stayed with me as I searched for the meeting with my Burma.

by Anonymousreply 2511/21/2012

Not to be anti-Hillary, I like her these days - but I don't see why you all are automatically giving her credit for the ceasefire. I'm sure the Egyptians played a much bigger role.

by Anonymousreply 2611/21/2012

I know she's desperate to take the credit r6 but she had nothing to do with it. It was brokered by the Egyptians and it's tenuous. She's just a messenger. All of the news media so far emphasizes that this was brokered by the Egyptians.

by Anonymousreply 2711/21/2012

Well the fact that she showed up and it was done the next day is pretty fucking impressive. A lot to be said for Egypt too, since we didn't really know what they were going to do. So, good news all around and Morsi stepped up. Sigh of relief, for now.

by Anonymousreply 2811/21/2012

R27, Hillary is the big name who represents America and Barack Obama - her influence is considerable whether you like it or not.

by Anonymousreply 2911/21/2012

Just stating facts and how it's being played in the media, r29.

by Anonymousreply 3011/21/2012

R29 = Chelsea Clinton

by Anonymousreply 3111/21/2012

Why do some morons on DL insist on always pitting Obama and Hillary against each other? We just had a great election where Democrats made big gains, but some idiots here refuse to be happy and are still fighting the primary battle of 2008. Stop being so juvenile. Grow up. You're not doing Hillary any favors by being an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 3211/21/2012

R32, it's the anti-Hillary people on this thread causing most of the trouble

by Anonymousreply 3311/21/2012

Stating the facts is not "causing trouble", r33

by Anonymousreply 3411/21/2012

[quote] Hillary should be President right now; Obama should be waiting in line. They got it backwards.

This is one of the reasons why she wasn't elected - if we must rehash this argument.

Americans don't seem to like, appreciate, or vote for assumption and entitlement.

Your words are so telling of a FOUR YEARS LATER bitter PUMA.

"should be." "waiting in line." "They got it..."

There is no "should be" in politics. Politics is based on votes, not whoever PUMAs demand should be President.

"Waiting in line" is another good one. What is this, a monarchy? Does Hillary ascend the throne, or something? And Obama is like Prince Harry or something? Sorry, honey but this country fought too hard against the British, just to get rid of this "waiting in line" business.

And exactly who are this "they" you are referring to, when you say "they got it wrong," R24? Do you mean the US electorate? As in, the voters who voted for Obama? TWICE?

You need to adjust your thinking. You seem very entitled. I don't even think that Hillary thinks the way you do, and as a supporter of hers, you do her a great disservice. She doesn't need a "fan" like you.

by Anonymousreply 3511/21/2012

R36 = Obama

by Anonymousreply 3711/21/2012

{quote]There's no way that fucking cunt is going to be president. So stop dreaming.

Something tells me you'd never vote for any woman in any circumstance, you pathetic piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 3811/21/2012

LOL@ R3!

by Anonymousreply 3911/21/2012
Need more help? Click Here.