Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Wow. Republicans really are fucking morons.

My mother called me today to tell me our home state Governor is "rejecting" Obamacare by refusing to set up it's own insurance exchange— thus guaranteeing that the Federal Government will set up it's own program.

So... let me get this straight. Redneck's are refusing to take care of their own insurance issues and allowing the Feds to come in and take over it for them, and this is um, "state's right rebellion"? yeah. Ok. Right.

Fucking morons,

And don't even get me started on the $249,999.99 idiots. Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 2712/12/2012

Redneck's

Ugh. Should read "Rednecks" Sorry.

Long night and wine.

by Anonymousreply 111/20/2012

They're rejecting it in Alabama, which pretty much means that the program will be a big success. Four years from now the program will be entrenched and people will have very conveniently forgotten their attempts to block it.

We're almost always on the wrong side of history down here.

by Anonymousreply 211/20/2012

You have roots in that state, OP. Enough said.

by Anonymousreply 311/20/2012

That is what I told my Mom, r2. Everything will be fine because your state just guaranteed you're going to receive the full benefits of Obamacare.

by Anonymousreply 411/20/2012

The pols are positioning themselves for the next election cycle. By doing this, they'll be able to make a big deal out of "government interference."

by Anonymousreply 511/20/2012

Republican governors are still trying to kill the law, R5, as some wingnut explains in the WSJ:

"Thus states that refuse to create their own exchanges would effectively be repealing a large part of the law—sparing their citizens from the job-killing employer mandate and from assaults on their religious liberty. In some cases people would even be spared from the individual mandate to buy coverage, since in the absence of exchange subsidies more families would qualify for exemptions from the mandate."

More batshittery at link:

by Anonymousreply 611/21/2012

The big issue is what happens to the uninsured when the Feds return it to the states in 3 years?

Technically they will be permanently uninsured.

But there is the individual mandate requiring coverage.

Solution, Federal Government Exchange.

Game. Match. Win. ObamaCare.

by Anonymousreply 711/21/2012

r8, the slippery slope to single payer, universal health care has begun.

Medical schools need to become trade schools and not the birthing bastions of gods on earth.

The paradigm has shifted.

Embrace change.

by Anonymousreply 911/21/2012

[quote]Republicans really are fucking morons.

That's crazy talk!

by Anonymousreply 1011/21/2012

The news report included a map of the states. There's a line of red in the middle of the country, from Texas in the south up to North Dakota, all of them refusing to set up exchanges.

by Anonymousreply 1111/21/2012

Is the thing about having to pay tax on sale of house true?

by Anonymousreply 1211/21/2012

[quote]Medical schools need to become trade schools and not the birthing bastions of gods on earth.

Preach it, brother!

by Anonymousreply 1311/21/2012

I guess its possible that everything R8 says is true (I'm too lazy to do a research project on it) but if Mittington Romneybot IV got elected, Medicare would have been SLASHED. Pretty much immediately. That was the choice in the last election. Cut Medicare by a little or a lot.

by Anonymousreply 1411/21/2012

Maddow did an item on the $249,999,99 bullshit last night.

People don't seem to realize that it's only the amount OVER $250,000 that will get taxed at a higher rate.

If you're in a position where you can actually afford to drop your income to $249,999.99 from wherever it was- you're probably NOT saving but a couple hundred dollars or less.

If you're in a position where the tax hike will take a chunk ... then you can probably afford it or you have tax lawyers who will figure out how to deduct everything from your house to your toothbrush.

People are fucking morons.

by Anonymousreply 1511/21/2012

R8 - Trolldar confirms that you may the stupidest poster ever. Please brush up on the real estate law which will (1) only affect the top earners - 1 to 2% AND then again ONLY on any real estate profit beyond $500,000. Then it's only on the smaller of the profit over $500K and the salary above $250K. It will affect very, very few and those that it does, they can easily afford it.

Who helps you wipe your ass?

by Anonymousreply 1611/21/2012

love r16

by Anonymousreply 1711/21/2012

I'm glad my state's idiot Republican governor is letting the federal government set up our insurance exchange. I'd much rather have an exchange set up by Obama and Kathleen Sebelius than some red state buffoons.

Each state exchange MUST have at least one non-profit insurance option. Of course, it will be the least expensive of all the options. I'm curious to see what the non-profit option looks like?

One of the great features of the HCA is that insurance companies can no longer implement big premium increases based on your age. The age increases will be much less than they are currently.

by Anonymousreply 1811/21/2012

[quote]I'd much rather have an exchange set up by Obama and Kathleen Sebelius than some red state buffoons.

Except that Kathleen Sebelius is from a Red State, but I get what you mean.

by Anonymousreply 1911/21/2012

R8 pretty much proves the OP's thesis, stated so elloquently in the subject line of this thread.

by Anonymousreply 2011/21/2012

And today in Nevada Governor 'Sunny' moved to expand medicaid and move on with ObamaCare implementation.

The governor is a RINO.

by Anonymousreply 2112/12/2012

R8 When you need to resort to lies in order to make a point, you have already lost

by Anonymousreply 2212/12/2012

Or your mother could just take responsibility for herself and stop mooching off the taxpayers

by Anonymousreply 2312/12/2012

R23 Where do you get the idea that OP's mom is mooching off the taxpayers? There's nothing in what they wrote that says that.

by Anonymousreply 2412/12/2012

I can't wait to read the posts here a few years from now AFTER Obamacare. It will be far worse than Canada or England.

by Anonymousreply 2512/12/2012

They know that the Feds will go ahead anyway in those states - in spite of Joan Walsh from Salon blithely decreeing on MSNBC that folks in those states are totally screwed and won't be able to get health insurance any easier than now.

R25 -- Canada and England (NHS patients) work better than the current American system: a diabetic who can't get ANY coverage goes bankrupt because of a heart attack vs. having to wait a few months for a hip replacement? You sound like someone with an "I've got mine - don't you DARE 'dilute' it!" attitude.

by Anonymousreply 2612/12/2012

Doctors are not the problem. The real issue is the profits big pharma, private health care chains,and insurance companies realize. As long as we have these companies returning billions of health care dollars to their investors, we will have a crummy system that costs too much.

Doctors make thousands and they wouldn't have to chase the dollar if their education was free, which it should be. The health industry Wall Street investors make billions -- socialized medicine would get rid of all of that needless waste. Every honest study has shown public health care is way more efficient than a privately owned system which we have now.

by Anonymousreply 2712/12/2012
Need more help? Click Here.