Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

How many individual posters are there on DL?

Obviously it changes, and there are the freepers who stop in once in a while to stir up shit and leave quickly.

But how many do you think post semi-regularly (2 times a week, say)? Is there a way of finding out?

Curious as to how many are prime-timers as well. So few thread seem to get past 100, unless they're political arguments, or Twilight, Anderson Cooper, or One Direction related.

by Anonymousreply 1211/21/2012

by Anonymousreply 111/20/2012

Christ, this tired old question gets asked about once a week. Who the fuck cares?

by Anonymousreply 311/20/2012

Best way to calibrate this is to do a poll that has a question that most people will be able to answer... for example, worst movie of the year.

That one got about 100 responses.

We're a small bunch.

by Anonymousreply 411/20/2012

That is an absolutely nonsensical metric for deciding how many posters there are for a forum R4. Voluntary polling is already a shaky metric, when you do it on a subject specific interest you completely ruin any attempt at it being a broadbase indicator.

Census style polls are slightly better measure of regular posters as they encourage people to respond as they want their demographic to be counted. Most of those polls pull 400-500.

In terms of traffic DL averages around 40k unique visitors a day, or around 1.5mil a month as R2 said. Not sure where he got the stat about number of posters from as that information isn't publicly available but I can believe it.

by Anonymousreply 511/20/2012

The last time the webmaster shared demographics with the board was a while ago -- I'll guess somewhere around 2004 or 2005. At that time, he referred to "the core 300," a group of approximately 300 people who read and/or posted to the board every day. Besides all the people who pass through after Googling Lisa Welchel or Gia Giudice or what have you, I think that core group is what we think of as DL.

The number and composition of the group is probably much different today. I'd love to know... wouldn't you?

by Anonymousreply 611/20/2012

Ask Google. They have been tracking me like a hawk. When I log on to DL they remind me that I have visited this site "many times". WTF?

by Anonymousreply 711/20/2012

Did you hear that, OP??? You are BORING r3!!! he is not PAYING you to bore him--you'd better entertain him, FAST!!!!

by Anonymousreply 811/20/2012

I come here to read the first 15 or so pages everyday. I only reply on a thread if I have something to say. Most of the time I don't. Been reading here forever it seems.

by Anonymousreply 911/21/2012

R2 and R4, you also have to take into account how many posters have paid 18 dollars. You may have 40K unique hits per day on DL, but what about primetime? That certainly can account for many "readers" but far less posters (and voters in R4's example).

I've been posting here since 2003-04? I go through phases though, there are times when I will post daily for a couple weeks, and then weeks go by where I'm not even on DL. It usually varies. I come here late at night if I am bored, or looking for a good laugh/fun thread. Then I'll post, and I can be chatty and post a lot, but only if I'm in the mood. Then weeks will go by where I'm either just too busy to be online or taking a break from being online.

by Anonymousreply 1011/21/2012

by Anonymousreply 1111/21/2012

by Anonymousreply 1211/21/2012
Need more help? Click Here.