Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Grace Coddington, model and Vogue Editor

She was interviewed on Terry Gross today.

She seems really vacuous.

Fashionistas...is she considered smart?

by Anonymousreply 1507/04/2013

As strange as she looks, I give her credit for not going under the knife.

by Anonymousreply 111/20/2012

She comes across as the sensible, tactful yet downtrodden side to Vogue in The September Issue.

by Anonymousreply 211/20/2012

She came across as the creative force behind Vogue in September issue in my opinion- edited by the edutrix, Anna!

by Anonymousreply 311/20/2012

Met her many times. She is an arrogant bitch. Snobby etc. when I knew her in the 90's she looked like a witch....shendidn't dye her fright wig which is totally gray.

Horrid horrid woman.

Oh, met Wintour many times too. Frankly she was not as severe in public...snotty but not the aggressive bitch like I'm sure she is at work.

by Anonymousreply 411/20/2012

Thank you R4.

by Anonymousreply 511/20/2012

Article from Sunday's TIMES.

by Anonymousreply 611/20/2012

Extract from her memoir in today's Guardian.

by Anonymousreply 711/24/2012

They had a family CREST?! They were rather low sorts, them.

Neither she nor Wintour is especially well-educated. Go figure, fashionistas.

by Anonymousreply 811/26/2012

Vacuous? Not at all. She was the only interesting part of The September Issue.

by Anonymousreply 911/26/2012

[quote]Met her many times. She is an arrogant bitch. Snobby etc.

This doesn't ring true at all.

by Anonymousreply 1007/04/2013

Well I am that poster and I did meet her many times...and she Is a fucking snotty-ass cunt, excuse my French dressing.

Seriously Wintour is superior and aloof but Coddington is aggressively a bitch. Nasty.

I always got this frustrated woman vibe from her...this is first person me experience ...Dame Celestial Crackhead here....I knew them all back in the day...

And she is one I wish I had never met...

by Anonymousreply 1107/04/2013

More details, Dame C!

by Anonymousreply 1207/04/2013

We need stories!

by Anonymousreply 1307/04/2013

I love that R11 was right there to leap in and defend his comment.

[quote]We need stories!

I read her book and it was a pretty good read, if you were interested enough in the first place. She got pregnant and was returning home in her little Mini and drove into a crowd of violent and rowdy London football fans who turned over her car, with her inside. She lost the baby and was never able to get pregnant again.

There are quite a few serious tragedies. It was actually a very interesting life story and I was charmed by her, as many were when they saw the documentary.

by Anonymousreply 1407/04/2013

Coddington was the best thing about "The September Issue" but I am willing to take DCC's word for it on her personality.

DCC, mon petit chou, we are in desperate need of more stories from when you knew them all back in the old days.

Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 1507/04/2013
Need more help? Click Here.