Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Voice of Elmo NEW LAWSUIT Allegations of Sex with SECOND Underage Boy

Now we know why he resigned.

Kevin Clash -- known as the voice of Elmo -- is facing NEW allegations that he had a sexual relationship with a SECOND underage boy ... TMZ has learned.

The accuser -- who is now in his 30s -- has filed a lawsuit against Clash ... claiming the two met on a gay phone chat line back in 1993 ... when the accuser was 15 years old and Clash was 32.

Among the allegations, Singleton claims, "[Clash] trolled gay telephone chat line rooms to meet and have sex with underage boys."

In the lawsuit, filed in federal court in NYC, Singleton claims Clash "groomed [the accuser] to gain his trust by, among other things, taking him to nice dinners and giving him money."

Singleton claims while Clash was featured on "Sesame Street," he was "preying on teenage boys to satisfy his depraved sexual interests."

In the suit, Singleton claims ... although the sex occurred nearly 20 years ago, he didn't take action until now because ... he "did not become aware that he had suffered adverse psychological and emotional effects from Kevin Clash's sexual acts and conduct until 2012."

Singleton is demanding more than $5 million.

We broke the story, Clash struck a settlement with a previous accuser who initially claimed he had a sexual relationship with Kevin beginning when he was 16 years old. As part of the settlement, the accuser issued a statement recanting his claims.

by Anonymousreply 4611/26/2012

by Anonymousreply 111/20/2012

Stupid question but what's a 15 year old doing on a chat line anyway

by Anonymousreply 211/20/2012

Funny how they become aware of the psychological effects at the same time that they become aware that there's money to be made.

I'd have a lot less problems with allegations like this is the alleged victims were asking only for the person to be thrown in jail, or, if money needs to be taken from them, that it all goes to a charity or something. What can $5 million do?

by Anonymousreply 311/20/2012

Jesus fucking CHRIST with the fucking "TMZ has learned" shit.

by Anonymousreply 411/20/2012

Not only do these shakedown artists hurt the falsely accused, but this "crying wolf" shit makes it even more difficult for those with legit complaints to come forward & be believed.

by Anonymousreply 511/20/2012

This is why they hate us.

by Anonymousreply 611/20/2012

R3, a guy who was 15 when Kevin Clash had sex with him doesn't have to have either a financial motive or legal revenge in mind. All he has to do is tell the truth (if indeed he is telling the truth) and society will do the rest.

You can be absolutely sure the producers of Sesame Street do not approve of any adult member of the production team (let alone the voice behind one of its most high-profile characters) having sex, consensual or otherwise, with 15 and 16-year-olds of either gender. It is illegal for adults to do that in the State of New York.

If it is suspicious for an accuser to demand money, it is equally suspicious for Clash to resign and lay low. An innocent man would fight long and loud in his own defense, wouldn't he?

by Anonymousreply 711/20/2012

[quote]If it is suspicious for an accuser to demand money, it is equally suspicious for Clash to resign and lay low. An innocent man would fight long and loud in his own defense, wouldn't he?

No. He was forced to resign -- which is in his best interests, as it would have looked a LOT worse had they fired him.

And almost certainly his attorney(s) strongly advised him to say nothing to the press.

by Anonymousreply 811/20/2012

Cecil "did not become aware that he had suffered adverse psychological and emotional effects from Kevin Clash's sexual acts and conduct until 2012".

Specifically, 2 weeks ago.

Hopefully, Clash will take this to court. If he doesn't, then even though he didn't have sex with the little queen, he'll be seen as a pedo.

R6 is right.

by Anonymousreply 911/21/2012

[quote]he "did not become aware that he had suffered adverse psychological and emotional effects from Kevin Clash's sexual acts and conduct until 2012."

Riiiiiiight....

by Anonymousreply 1011/21/2012

Cotton Mather at R7, shut the fuck up.

Nobody on this board knows the truth, so don't assume that Clash is guilty, until he is proven so.

by Anonymousreply 1111/21/2012

So a 15,year old goes onto a gay chat site,obviously lied to get on,obviously to what ?Pick up other lying 15 year old guys or to pick up a guy cause he was horny and commit an illegal act .Cause you can't tell me Elmo was the only one he contacted.How about the others.Why 5million why not get Elmo thrown in jail? Why wait till 2012?!

I get trauma,I get abuse but I also get bullshit.This guy is after money which pays for a lot of surgery,I mean trauma

This guy if he was sexually abused should come forward. The guy who plays Elmo is just another stupid man led by his dick,but if he has done this will go down as a sexual predator .

by Anonymousreply 1211/21/2012

[quote]but if he has done this will go down as a sexual predator .

Wrong. Even if he hasn't done it, and even if he is cleared of all charges, he will STILL go down as a 'sexual predator'.

That's the problem here, people love a good witch hunt. Especially a gay witch hunt, with a 'what about the children' angle.

by Anonymousreply 1311/21/2012

"Elmo sex addict!"

by Anonymousreply 1411/21/2012

I saw a clip of Cecil on NY 1 this morning.

Wow, girLEEN looks like she has a vadge.

by Anonymousreply 1511/21/2012

No matter if he is innocent or guilty, R11 is my new bf for referencing Cotton Mather.

by Anonymousreply 1611/21/2012

Wow, Kevin Clash really has eclectic taste.

by Anonymousreply 1711/21/2012

Quoting this because it's the truth:

"Especially a gay witch hunt, with a 'what about the children' angle."

by Anonymousreply 1811/21/2012

"If it is suspicious for an accuser to demand money, it is equally suspicious for Clash to resign and lay low. An innocent man would fight long and loud in his own defense, wouldn't he?"

You mean like Jerry Sandusky? He spoke out in his defense.

by Anonymousreply 1911/21/2012

This kid's name is CECIL SINGLETON. Check out his Facebook page. .. Enough said!! You bitches will know what this is about, IMMEDIATELY!!

Report back here.

by Anonymousreply 2011/21/2012

R19, I suppose you think all the kids who spoke out against Sandusky were in it for the money too.

These two younger men may have mercenary motives in speaking out now but if Clash really did have sex with either of them before they turned 18 then he deserves to be drummed out of children's television.

by Anonymousreply 2111/21/2012

I think Clash is stepping back under the advice of a wise legal council. It is only a matter of time before this dizzy hustler queen implodes. His type starts working Christopher Street at the age of 14. This is no innocent 10 year old prey as were the victims in the Sandusky case. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. Meanwhile, it is bad press for all of us.

by Anonymousreply 2211/21/2012

[quote]CECIL SINGLETON

Any relation to MaryAnn?

by Anonymousreply 2311/21/2012

I think it's hilarious that everyone is upset that this guy had sex with someone 16-17 years old since my sister-in-law was that age when she got married. The guy is probably a chickenhawk, no question. Is he doing children? No. Only in America would a 15-year-old having sex be considered some life-shattering, traumatizing event.

by Anonymousreply 2411/22/2012

The new accuser says there are others.

by Anonymousreply 2511/22/2012

The first "CECIL SINGLETON" that comes up on facebook (for me, at least) is some queen that is no way in his 30's. But damn he's gay. And if that's really him--why doesn't he put his privacy settings on lockdown??

by Anonymousreply 2611/22/2012

And yet that white guy in the UK fucked kids for decades until he dropped dead...

by Anonymousreply 2711/22/2012

R24, please be quiet. It's completely inappropriate behavior. A 15/16 year old kid has the mindset of a kid, not an adult. No matter how much people like you try to minimize it, it's completely wrong. Period.

Particularly gay kids who grow up in a homophobic society and are desperate for affirmation and acceptance. We should be protecting them not exploiting them.

Get some ethics.

by Anonymousreply 2811/22/2012

How is Rosie handling all this?

by Anonymousreply 2911/22/2012

R24...oh, and there's nothing hilarious" about this. Too many adult men in this culture (and that includes breeders) think that exploiting young people is okay. It's not. A fifteen year old should be having sex with and dating other teenagers, not some fifty-something year old closet case who's trolling the internet for kids. Honestly, it's one thing for breeders to be this oblivious, but we should know better.

by Anonymousreply 3011/22/2012

"Honestly, it's one thing for breeders to be this oblivious, but we should know better."

Huh? Breeders are the ones who cling to "abstinence only" and want to believe that no one has sexual desires until they turn 18.

"A fifteen year old should be having sex with and dating other teenagers"

There's no difference between sex with a teen and sex with an adult. Sex is sex. 15-year-olds are not babies.

"No matter how much people like you try to minimize it, it's completely wrong. Period"

Maybe in rednecKKK America but 15-year-olds can have sex with adults in most of the civilized world.

by Anonymousreply 3111/22/2012

If Clash had just kept a low profile and stfu with the "Look at me! I'm The Voice Of Elmo!" schtick, then the hustlers wouldn't be crawling out of the woodwork today. The Sesame Street people sent a huge message with their statement about Elmo the character being bigger than any one person. Truth is, preschoolers are hardly impressed by "the guy who voices Elmo". Caroll Spinney has been the voice of Big Bird and Oscar the Grouch for over 40 years, yet you don't see him coming out with documentaries about his life.

by Anonymousreply 3211/22/2012

[quote]Hopefully, Clash will take this to court. If he doesn't, then even though he didn't have sex with the little queen, he'll be seen as a pedo.

He'll only be seen as a pedo by ignorant people like r9, who don't even know the definition of a pedo.

Clash has NOT been accused of being a pedo.

by Anonymousreply 3311/22/2012

R21 = false equivalency troll.

I will say one thing about the Elmo guy, he certainly has a distinct type, lol.

by Anonymousreply 3411/22/2012

I always hated the Elmo character,his voice and speech patterns are like nails on a chalkboard but it's sad to see how this is going down.

by Anonymousreply 3511/22/2012

Elmo performed in the Macy's parade this morning. The human cast of Sesame Street lip synced, I don't know if Clash was manipulating his puppet.

by Anonymousreply 3611/22/2012

r12

Look a the PA coach, all those guys now have a trauma when they learned there was money to be made. They were dealing with it fine before then.

Sorry for your mishap but you know what, that happens all the time. Deal with it.

by Anonymousreply 3711/23/2012

Clash was always trouble.

by Anonymousreply 3811/24/2012

R31...no. Believe it or not there are liberal gay men who have sexual ethics and don't find this appropriate. Lots of things happen "in many parts of the world" that are completely inappropriate. The idea that sexual ethics is a numbers game is bullshit.

A fifteen year old gay kid in a homophobic culture is extremely vulnerable. He desperately wants approval and acceptance. For an adult to exploit that is inappropriate. Note that I did not say "pedo". I'm talking about what is and is not okay at a very different level. You want to reduce this to 'moralism.' Rednecks, etc. I'm talking about the fact that a fifteen year old still has the mindset of a kid, and is easily exploited. You can tell yourself that it's okay all you want, but it's not. Older gay men should be mentoring gay kids, in a protective way, not using them for a cheap fuck. Period.

by Anonymousreply 4011/24/2012

"A fifteen year old gay kid in a homophobic culture is extremely vulnerable. He desperately wants approval and acceptance. For an adult to exploit that is inappropriate"

Please, he wasn't being exploited. He was trolling for dick on the internet, on a site aimed at adult gay men. He wanted older guys to fuck him. If this was a 15-year-old boy having sex with a grown WOMAN none of you would care.

by Anonymousreply 4111/24/2012

The Emmy award-winning man behind Sesame Street's "Elmo" is now facing his third allegation of underage sex in two weeks.

This time puppeteer Kevin Clash is facing a lawsuit accusing him of sexual activity with a 16-year-old in 2000.

The accuser, now 29, will be filing a lawsuit in Manhattan Federal Court Tuesday, says the man's attorney Jeff Herman.

He said the lawsuit is being filed as a "John Doe" because the accuser does not want to use his name.

A spokeswoman for the puppeteer said, “Mr. Clash believes this lawsuit has no merit.”

Herman said his client started writing a book in 2009 describing his experience with Clash.

The lawyer said he will have pages from that book at a press conference Tuesday to announce the lawsuit.

Herman said the accuser is from the South and was in high school when he came to New York 13 years ago for modeling work.

He said his client connected with Clash — who went under the pseudonym “Craig” and claimed to be only 30 years old — on a gay chat line. The two chatted for a couple of days and then Craig invited the 16-year-old to his apartment.

In the apartment, Herman said his client realized Craig was older than 30. They also engaged in "some sexual activity.”

Herman said his client met Clash again in 2003 and 2004, and over a period of time figured out who Clash was.

"He saw Elmo dolls, an Emmy award and photographs of Elmo with movie stars," said Herman.

Last week, 24-year-old Cecil Singleton of Manhattan — also represented by Herman — filed a $ 5 million lawsuit, accusing Clash of sexual relations when he was 15. The week prior, another young man, Sheldon Stephens, said he had intercourse with Clash when he was only 16 years old.

by Anonymousreply 4211/26/2012

Oh my, this is turning to an episode of To Catch A Predator

by Anonymousreply 4311/26/2012

"Herman said his client started writing a book in 2009 describing his experience with Clash."

Sounds like another guy who's in it for the money

by Anonymousreply 4411/26/2012

"He said his client connected with Clash — who went under the pseudonym “Craig” and claimed to be only 30 years old — on a gay chat line."

So these guys lied about their ages to troll for dick on gay chat lines?

by Anonymousreply 4511/26/2012

I wonder how unmasculine and biracial the next accuser will be.

by Anonymousreply 4611/26/2012
Need more help? Click Here.