Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Comcast/IPhone question

Make fun of me all you want, but please help me.

I have a new IPhone and would like to just download a contacts list of numbers, etc. from Comcast.

I spent over two hours with Comcast and no luck.

Is there a way to do this without downloading email? My eyesite is so bad, I don't want to do email on my phone but I would like to have the phone numbers listed.

Thanks in advance.

by Anonymousreply 611/20/2012

If your eyesite is bad, perhaps you should use

by Anonymousreply 111/20/2012

OP, go to your iPhone service carrier and get them to help you figure it out. Dealing with Comccast is such a pain in the ass, plus they don't know shit about iPhones. You may have to reset your phone, but you should be able to access and download your contact list.

by Anonymousreply 211/20/2012

We need more information, OP. Do you use any other email account on your phone?

I don't have Comcast email, but on most webmail systems there's a way to import your contacts to a CSV spreadsheet.

Do you sync your phone to a Mac or to Windows? If to a Mac, export that CSV file to your Mac Contacts app and sync your phone to iTunes with contacts enabled in iTunes.

If to Windows, do the same with Outlook, if you use that. (I don't know any other mail/contacts client on Windows than that, sorry) and sync your phone to iTunes with iTunes with contacts enabled.

Of course with the latest version of iOS, you don't have to sync your phone to a computer at all anymore. If that's the case, I don't know what to tell you other than to

by Anonymousreply 311/20/2012

^Oops, I meant to edit out the "other than to", because I truly have no clue beyond syncing them from iTunes on a computer.

by Anonymousreply 411/20/2012

Also, can you tell us why you don't want to set up Comcast email on your phone? You might be able to just set it up, let the contacts sync, then remove the email account. Would that remove the contacts as well?

by Anonymousreply 511/20/2012

Thanks everyone.

I think R2's answer may be the best.

R3, in working with the website, there was a way to import to CSV, but I had no idea what that was. It was listed with icons like AOL, AT&T, etc. Also, I use Windows, but not Outlook (again, another failed sync with Comcast).

R4, because of my eyes, I prefer to use my laptop for email. The keyboard is so small on an IPhone.

I have been using computers since the very early 80s and find a keyboard more comfortable.

Again, thanks for your help everyone.

by Anonymousreply 611/20/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!