Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Happy 70th, Mr. Vice President!

Love Uncle Joe!

by Anonymousreply 811/21/2012

Wouldn't "Happy 43rd, Mr. Vice President" have sounded SO much better? That handsome devil's birthday is January 29. The timing would've been ideal, and what a birthday present that would've been. Alas...

by Anonymousreply 111/20/2012

Um, you're a little confused, R1.

(Aren't the bitchiest ones always just so? Alas... )

by Anonymousreply 211/20/2012

Happy birthday to Joe Biden.

by Anonymousreply 311/20/2012

Uncle Joe = best veep ever.

by Anonymousreply 411/21/2012

Everyone just seems so much happier around him.

by Anonymousreply 511/21/2012

Joe is a very "fatherly" kind of guy. He exudes warmth and friendliness and sincerity. Even moreso than Bill Clinton.

It's interesting watching Obama's and Biden's relationship change over four years. In 2008, Obama tried very hard to put on a serious face, and be the "Commander-in-Chief," and attempting to reign in Joe Biden the so-called gaffe-maker and loose cannon.

In 2012, Obama has really come to respect Biden's maturity and knowledge, and that "best Vice-President" and "happy warrior" stuff was a definite shout-out to Joe.

Interestingly, following Obama's victory speech on November 6, when all the families were on-stage, Biden walked up to Obama and whispered in his ear, then they all linked hands and raised them in victory.

In 2008, it was Obama the younger, trying to tell Biden the older, what to do. In 2012, Biden has clearly earned the respect of Obama, and he values Joe's opinion.

I love the relationship they have with each other, and I think that it's probably the most genuine professional/personal Presidential and Vice-Presidential relationship since I don't know when.

I say Biden 2016!

by Anonymousreply 611/21/2012

Biden seems like a fun guy! Love him!

by Anonymousreply 711/21/2012

Love Joe. He was great as a member and later Chair of the Judiciary Committee, grilling bad guys like Robert Bork and John Ashcroft some years ago, with intelligence and passion.

by Anonymousreply 811/21/2012
Need more help? Click Here.