Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Madonna takes the stage hours late at Miami concert

She's recording this for the outdated DVD format...

Madonna’s Miami fans were kept waiting for hours Monday night for her to take the stage — and many took to Twitter to vent.

The Material Girl did not appear at the AmericanAirlines Arena stage until just after 11:30 p.m., about an hour and a half from her typical 10 p.m. concert appearances, while the show time is advertised as 8 p.m.

Hollywood blogger Perez Hilton, who hails from Miami, was among those took to the Twitterverse to note Madonna’s tardiness.

“So Madonna just went on in Miami. Just after 11:30 p.m. On a Monday. Her show is 2 hours long - Cray cray!’’ he tweeted.

Minutes before, fans tweeted that fellow concertgoers booed and were leaving the arena and asking for refunds.

Other fans grew concerned at Madonna’s late start. “I hope everything is Ok; Madonna is never THIS LATE,” tweeted one concertgoer.

Minutes after she took the stage, fans were happily tweeting out photos of the concert in full swing.

Tickets range from about $62 to about $386 on Ticketmaster.

Madonna has a second Miami show Tuesday night as part of her MDNA tour. That show is sold out, according to her tour website.

by Anonymousreply 3111/22/2012

No one says "cray cray" anymore, Perez. It's no longer 2010.

by Anonymousreply 111/20/2012

At four of the five shows I attended, she went on at 10:30. Only once did she go on earlier (Lourdes' bday). 10:30 is the usual time. They are filming Miami, so there was probably a delay.

by Anonymousreply 211/20/2012

Can we have a moratorium on Madonna threads? I would like to go atleast a day here without seeing Madonna threads pop up.

by Anonymousreply 311/20/2012

No one cares what you want, r3.

by Anonymousreply 411/20/2012

If she's going on at 1030 that's fine, but she should advertise a 1030 start, not an 8pm start. That's just controlling and condescending.

by Anonymousreply 511/20/2012

Nothing like a 'live' DVD cobbled together from 2 different shows where a good number of songs are lipsynced.

by Anonymousreply 611/20/2012

R4 I'm sure many have the same opinion as I do. Besides, no one outside of DL and Madonna forums are talking about her. It's ridiculous to have all these threads pop up when she's not that newsworthy.

by Anonymousreply 711/20/2012

God, she is such a fucking bitch.

by Anonymousreply 811/20/2012

I don't understand why she would want to potentially alienate some of her fans like this. Her concerts are the only thing she has left of her career.

by Anonymousreply 911/20/2012

None of it is lip synched.

by Anonymousreply 1011/20/2012

"If she's going on at 1030 that's fine, but she should advertise a 1030 start, not an 8pm start. That's just controlling and condescending."

Ever been to a concert with an opening act? I don't think you have...the concert started at 8pm.

by Anonymousreply 1111/20/2012

[quote]Minutes before, fans tweeted that fellow concertgoers booed and were leaving the arena and asking for refunds.

GOOD!

by Anonymousreply 1211/20/2012

[quote]None of it is lip synched.

90% of it is, honey.

She's singing none of "Girl Gone Wild," or "Gang Bang." It's the album's vocal track.

by Anonymousreply 1311/20/2012

[quote]Nothing like a 'live' DVD cobbled together from 2 different shows where a good number of songs are lipsynced.

Unless it's broadcast live or a one time event, almost all shows are taped more than once. And OP DVD is still the mainstream home video platform. The show will be issued on Blu-ray but will sell/rent more DVDs.

by Anonymousreply 1411/20/2012

I have written a letter to her to ask that she make sure it is available in VHS and audio cassette.

by Anonymousreply 1511/20/2012

I'm going tonight. Who was the opening act?

I'd be mad if she was that late. Not that big of a fan, going for my bf.

by Anonymousreply 1611/20/2012

[quote] Ever been to a concert with an opening act? I don't think you have...the concert started at 8pm.

Who is her opening act?

by Anonymousreply 1711/20/2012

Can I get an 8-track tape of the concert?

by Anonymousreply 1811/20/2012

That's the worst part people-she has no opening act. Just a fucking DJ for 2 or 2 1/2 hours. That's the infuriating part. I don't get why her fans put up with this. She's terrible and rude. Why do people still support her?

by Anonymousreply 1911/20/2012

'90%' of it is not lip-synched. Madonna sings most of it live except for the big dance numbers. But she is off pitch enough and out of breath enough for it to obviously be live. Madonna has always mostly sung live. Unlike Janet Jackson or a host of other performers.

And there is no opening act except the DJ. ANd he only plays for about a half hour/45 minutes. The rest is just waiting. It's a good show, but...don't even bother showing up until 930/10 pm.

by Anonymousreply 2011/20/2012

What did P.T. Barnum say again?

by Anonymousreply 2111/20/2012

He was so right. She does this sort of thing because she can. It's all part of her pathology. God only knows what freakish thing she'll be doing 30 years from now, but people will still be lapping it up. Only saving grace is that history will not treat her well at all.

by Anonymousreply 2211/20/2012

R22 are you sure? I have a feeling the press will pathetically canonize her and say they were so unfairly critical of her during her heyday. They'll say she was a strong female who inspired women and gays around the world to express themselves or some other BS like that lol. I mean, think about it, even with the internet, many of Vadge's stans still don't know or care how awful she is. They let her get away with her terrible behavior and treatment of others.

by Anonymousreply 2311/20/2012

[quote]God only knows what freakish thing she'll be doing 30 years from now, but people will still be lapping it up.

Probably taking an instrumental break in the middle of 'Causing A Commotion' to have her diaper changed...on stage.

Then she'll toss her spoiled napkin out into the audience!

by Anonymousreply 2411/21/2012

The show was not good.

by Anonymousreply 2511/22/2012

I love how you can tell the article writer is a Madonna stan. The phrasing of it being an hour after she normally goes on, leaving out the part that she goes on hours late normally, so it's actually an astronomical amount of time after the show starts.

by Anonymousreply 2611/22/2012

To the uninitiated, her starting time was when it was supposed to be over.

That's Madonna....

by Anonymousreply 2711/22/2012

She also was giving massive camel toe.

NSFW

by Anonymousreply 2811/22/2012

LOL, r18...what's that?

by Anonymousreply 2911/22/2012

I'll get there when I feel like it, and y'all will be happy to see me.

by Anonymousreply 3011/22/2012

wow R28. Looks like she's wearing her Vanity-rip off lingerie again on stage lol. This woman is ridiculous and not in a good way.

by Anonymousreply 3111/22/2012
Need more help? Click Here.