Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Why does Rachel Maddow let them put those hideous false eyelashes on her - - it's HER show.

and don't get me started on the purple eye shadow.

by Anonymousreply 2411/20/2012

Rachel does not wear false eyelashes. She probably uses "Mabelline Long & Thick To Make You Look Beautiful."

And it's not purple eye shadow. It's smokey mauve.

by Anonymousreply 111/20/2012

I never noticed the eye shadow specifically, but the lashes yes, thinking, "This seems to be one area where she sure fems it up!"

by Anonymousreply 211/20/2012

I think she agrees to do it as opposed to wanting them to do it.

This is prime time news, boys!

by Anonymousreply 311/20/2012

Ari Melber is "pretty" enough for the both of them! (yes, I realize he and Rachel are rarely on together.)

by Anonymousreply 411/20/2012

She is a very pretty woman. Why shouldn't she look good on TV?

Her eye makeup needed a bit of emphasis since she is always looking at the camera and talking to her audience.

Looking like Jim Lehrer is not going to make her more intelligent.

by Anonymousreply 511/20/2012

She still has bosses, OP. And hair and make-up is part of the deal when one is on TV.

by Anonymousreply 611/20/2012

R5 -- if *I* notice her makeup, trust me, it's overdone!

by Anonymousreply 711/20/2012

[quote]She is a very pretty woman. Why shouldn't she look good on TV?

rachel doesn't need makeup to look good on tv. she's beautiful just as she is. it's only misogyny and the international cosmetics cartels, run by old white men, that insist that women must hide their true appearance to be attractive.

it's just another way to control women.

by Anonymousreply 811/20/2012

I find it odd that she always wears a tee-shirt or tank top - both with a very low neck so only an inch or half inch show.

Why would she wear a tee shirt every single show?

I guess because they are easy to launder.

Never wears a blouse - not ever.

I abhor Diane Sawyer's thick and sometimes crooked very dark black false eyelashes. She would look much better without them every night on the nightly news.

by Anonymousreply 911/20/2012

Rachel addressed the makeup when she started. She said it was argued that showing up in her street garb (T-shirts and thick glasses) would distract from the message she wanted to deliver, so they bought a few plain blazers and she had contacts and makeup applied right before the show.

by Anonymousreply 1011/20/2012

Rachel's "naturalness" is her strenght.

But let's face it. Rachel isn't ugly, although she's rather plain. And since she's lesbian, she's not all that interested in glamming it up.

by Anonymousreply 1111/20/2012

R8, you do realize every single male news anchor and pundit wears make-up too, right?

by Anonymousreply 1311/20/2012

I love the false eyelashes on her and miss the pinker cheek and frosted eye shadow from some of the early shows.

I just wish she's inject a little more color and variety into her wardrobe. The dark jacket with exposed decolletage look has gotten a little monotonous.

by Anonymousreply 1411/20/2012

Some more successfully than others, R13.

by Anonymousreply 1511/20/2012

I think Rachel looks naked without her false eyelashes. They look great on most women on tv.

by Anonymousreply 1611/20/2012

I'm afraid the queens and dykes will NEVER agree on this issue!

by Anonymousreply 1711/20/2012

Rachel does not wear false eyelashes. Who said she does?

by Anonymousreply 1811/20/2012

I think women who wear false eyelashes on TV look dreadful. Especially Diane Sawyer.

by Anonymousreply 1911/20/2012

She LOOKS as though she does, R18!

Anyone else not a fan of her jacket with the HUGE fake stitches?

by Anonymousreply 2011/20/2012

I love Rachel, but Ed Schultz dresses better than Rachel. Her Plain Jane nondescript jackets and shirts have got to go...or at least not a continual steady diet of the same old, same old thing over and over and over again.

by Anonymousreply 2111/20/2012

I have bitched about Rachel's jackets before, R20. She seems to have a couple of new ones lately, let's hope that trend continues. She still has tailoring issues.

I hate the "huge stitches" jacket. Not only is the jacket itself hideous, it is ill-fitting.

She is fabulous in so many ways that I feel churlish for criticizing her on jackets but they do drive me a little batshit.

by Anonymousreply 2211/20/2012

False eyelashes are a big key to looking strikingly glamorous. If Kim Kardashian woke up one day and there were no more false eyelashes, she would personally start a sweat shop in Malaysia using the eyelashes of child brides as she bathed in the blood of virgins. Just sayin'.

by Anonymousreply 2311/20/2012

How come you didn't put ***BREAKING NEWS*** in your thread title, OP?

by Anonymousreply 2411/20/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!