Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

My feet hurt

My feet hurt all winter long. They ache and feel swollen and sore by the end ogpf the day. I've seen a podiatrist. He simply wanted me to purchase his $300 orthotics.

Any suggestions? Massages? Orthotics? Shoe recommendations? OTC drugs? PT exercises?

Please help me out here. I'm too young to feel crippled.

by Anonymousreply 3311/29/2012

Reflexology. You're welcome.

by Anonymousreply 111/19/2012

I have never been to the new store popping up lately called Good Feet, but was wondering how effective their products are...?

by Anonymousreply 211/19/2012

What is your weight situation? Do you walk in a weird way? Do you wear shoes that are too tight or that don't provide support when you walk?

by Anonymousreply 311/19/2012

I have psoriatic arthritis in my feet and every step I take is painful. I'm only 26 and it makes me feel like a senior citizen.

by Anonymousreply 411/20/2012

Could you have PLANTAR FASCIITIS? Do a google search on this to learn more about the symptoms and treatment.

by Anonymousreply 511/20/2012

Did the podiatrist provide a diagnosis? Did you see your regular doctor first?

by Anonymousreply 611/20/2012

A loving boyfriend who will apply lotion and rub them while you watch TCM.

by Anonymousreply 711/20/2012

Fish oil baby. Take it.

by Anonymousreply 811/20/2012

Buy Orthofeet brand shoes. They are fabulous.

If you're a woman, buy Orthofeet 825 women's model.

Orthofeet also makes men's shoes.

See the styles at shoebuy.com at link below.

zappos.com also sells the Orthofeet brand.

They have fabulous arch support and foot support and alleviate pain when you walk and stand.

by Anonymousreply 911/20/2012

Go to an orthopedic who specializes in foot and ankle rather than a podiatrist.

by Anonymousreply 1011/20/2012

OP, if your feet hurt that badly, you might want to start with the shoes you wear. Do they fit properly? Are they comfortable? Do they give you the support you need?

If not, do yourself a big favor and buy better shoes.

The other thing is that Dr. Scholl's products are as good as anything on the market, and that's what a podiatrist told me. Go to a store that carries the complete line of those products or shop online. Their orthotics and insoles are wonderful, as is their line of arch supports.

I got myself through a bad bout of plantar fasciitis when I didn't have health insurance years ago by throwing away the shoes I was wearing and buying Dr. Scholl's arch supports and gel heel inserts, so the podiatrist's advice was not much of a surprise.

by Anonymousreply 1111/20/2012

Did you go to your primary doctor first to rule out gout or rheumatoid arthritis?

by Anonymousreply 1211/20/2012

Please buy Orthofeet brand shoes!!

Link to their website is below which explains the shoe line.

As I mentioned upthread, you can also buy Orthofeet brand at shoebuy.com and zappos.com. And shoebuy.com always has 20 percent off.

by Anonymousreply 1311/20/2012

OP, are you a great big fat girl?

by Anonymousreply 1411/20/2012

OP, why is it just in the winter? Maybe it is the shoes you're wearing then.

by Anonymousreply 1511/20/2012

OP, do you have weather feet? Can you predict the weather by how your feet hurt?

by Anonymousreply 1611/20/2012

[quote]Did the podiatrist provide a diagnosis? Did you see your regular doctor first?

You misspelled reuglar, it should be R-E-A-L doctor

by Anonymousreply 1711/20/2012

Go see another podiatrist and get a second opinion. Keep searching until you find one that will actually give you a diagnosis.

by Anonymousreply 1811/20/2012

If you have been taking HIV medication for a long time, there are a lot of long term medical problems associated with it. In your case, potential nerve damage (if it feels like you are walking on bruised feet and if "tingling" the soles of your feet with your fingers feels differently then it used to. It could also be joint damage. How are your shoulders and hips moving lately, any pain or limited mobility? talk to your doctor.

by Anonymousreply 1911/20/2012

Sounds like brain worms, OP.

by Anonymousreply 2011/20/2012

It amazes me that anyone would come to DL for a diagnosis.

by Anonymousreply 2111/20/2012

And are you tender to the touch, dear?

by Anonymousreply 2211/20/2012

Do you not wear shoes in the summer?

by Anonymousreply 2411/20/2012

OP has the diabeetus.

by Anonymousreply 2511/20/2012

[quote]A loving boyfriend who will apply lotion and rub them while you watch TCM.

Well, yeah...but, nobody is that lucky.

by Anonymousreply 2611/20/2012

At least you still have your feet!

by Anonymousreply 2711/20/2012

My shoes hurt.

by Anonymousreply 2811/20/2012

R27: that thread still makes me laugh

by Anonymousreply 2911/20/2012

Yoga helps more than you'd believe possible! I started yoga because I had a bit of lower back ache, and I was amazed to find that it also helped my hurting feet.

I'm a hospital nurse and my feet take a lot of abuse, so I've been fighting off plantar fascitis for years. Yoga gently stetches the inflamed tendons and ligaments that are causing the problem, even beginners poses help.

by Anonymousreply 3011/20/2012

If your feet are swollen, you might have circulatory problems. But try this. I, too, have foot aches and today I went on the Dr. Schoals internet site because of the commercials they are playing for a device they have out at major Walmart sites that analizes your feet and recommends a pad for you. The machine analizes your feet, pics a pad out for you. I got mine just four hours ago and they feel really good. They are not cheap, they run $50, these are the GOOD complicated pads. The good thing is, if you are poor, you can get your money back for them, and keep the pads. On the box it says all you need for a full refund is your paper receipt and the bar code from the plastic box, mail it in. They don't ask you to include the pads, so you get to keep them and get your money back in 3 weeks.

by Anonymousreply 3111/29/2012

Do you smoke, OP? That can fuck up the circulation ....it's true.

by Anonymousreply 3211/29/2012

The really hillbilly way to say it r25 is that someone has "the sugar" because diabetes is too hard to say. Anyway OP, apparently you don't watch much TV, at least the stations I watch where there are incessant commercials for STRUTZ. They are some sort of support that is wrapped around your feet with padding underneath. I don't have any myself, but I think it's one of those products that you can only order from TV, sort of like the Edge of Glory, the knife sharpener Anthony Sullivan tries so hard to sell.

by Anonymousreply 3311/29/2012
Need more help? Click Here.