Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Ex-gay cult leader pimps drugged-out wife to male followers in exchange for sexual favors, then has her killed

Meet Tyler Deaton of Kansas City, the Charlie Manson of the evangelical movement.

Long read but fascinating if you have time.

by Anonymousreply 6403/02/2015

Husband of the Year material!

by Anonymousreply 111/19/2012

I was about to post this, OP! Saw the story at the link below. This excerpt is very interesting:

"Deaton, a 2005 graduate of Corpus Christi’s Calallen High School, had emerged as a religious leader at Southwestern, forming his own prayer group after not liking the established ones at the school. His group, according to the Star, “prayed longer. Sang stronger. And held its members to stricter interpretations of the Bible.” Tyler Deaton’s prayer group condemned homosexuality, something that the leader himself had struggled with and had overcome, his friends at Southwestern told the Star."

So. Jeebus doesn't want you to be gay but he DOES want you to let your bros rape your wife and then murder her before she rats you out. Fuck sake.

by Anonymousreply 211/19/2012

Yup, we are all agog at this latest scandal right here in K.C. One of the articles said that the kid who confessed to the murder, told cops that there was sexual activity between all of the members of that Deaton group. Will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

by Anonymousreply 311/19/2012

Some craziness at that IHOP (International House of Prayer) as well. For years, I thought it was a training management place for the pancake restaurants!

by Anonymousreply 411/19/2012

It is not considered "gay" sex if you performed it in the name of the Lord, and did not swallow.

by Anonymousreply 511/19/2012

I can't bring myself to read his blog; if anybody can stomach it please let the rest of us in on the "highlights."

by Anonymousreply 611/19/2012

This fucker (who was a Young Republican at school--imagine that!) is a classic narcissistic sociopath.

by Anonymousreply 711/19/2012

in high school--

"He was a member of the National Honor Society and the Young Republicans. He played jazz piano and won first place in the school’s talent show."

uh-huh.

by Anonymousreply 811/19/2012

The promise of these favors is exciting to me, but my wife will still have a security detail after reelection.

by Anonymousreply 911/19/2012

My son and I lived in Corpus Christi. This kid went to high school with my son. He was at my house at least a couple of times. If he knew my son then he smoked a lot of weed. I remember him as being polite. Everyone knew I was gay. Joe had no problem being "out" about me.

by Anonymousreply 1011/19/2012

What r6 said.

I can't read it either. After reading about that nanny in New York I'm good for a while.

by Anonymousreply 1111/19/2012

by Anonymousreply 1211/19/2012

I guess when one realizes the human brain is just a small piece of meat floating in a chemical bath this is what one can expect.

by Anonymousreply 1311/19/2012

Typical "ex-gay."

by Anonymousreply 1411/19/2012

Are they going to make a TV Movie about this case?

by Anonymousreply 1511/19/2012

I bet she feels ripped off that it was only the end times for her.

by Anonymousreply 1611/19/2012

The thread title sounds completely absurd. Hard to believe and stomach. Taking being "in the closet", and "repressed" to new heights..

by Anonymousreply 1711/19/2012

And what the heck raping a drugged women over months is considered contributing to a religious experience???? Poor girl. They drugged her w/ prescription anti-psychotics during the rapes....

And then after raping her they engaged in a male on male orgy?

by Anonymousreply 1811/19/2012

Crazy white people. Self-hatred, and fear of being exposed and outed, really does a number on people.

by Anonymousreply 1911/19/2012

Can anyone make sense out of his rambling blog?

by Anonymousreply 2011/19/2012

Guess Satan is no longer good enough as an excuse for an orgy and rape rituals.

by Anonymousreply 2111/20/2012

I loathe closet-cases....

by Anonymousreply 2211/20/2012

His wife, rip, kinda pinged.

by Anonymousreply 2311/20/2012

K

by Anonymousreply 2411/20/2012

All of them witches!

by Anonymousreply 2511/20/2012

Sounds like he was trying to recreate pre-Christian temple prostitute religions

by Anonymousreply 2611/20/2012

The blog is terrifying - especially realizing that the rationalizations espoused in those posts are what he used to justify his manipulative sexual activities and the murder of the girl just a few months later.

by Anonymousreply 2711/20/2012

"Allow him to bring up tenderness in you, to bring up quietness in you, to bring up power in you, to bring up loud joy in you, to bring up giggly gooeyness in you, to bring up terrifying passion in you, to bring up heart-rending longing in you, to bring up righteous anger in you, to bring up shattering fear of God in you, to bring up lovesick wonder in you and all the emotions along the way you must feel to get to them. Allow Him to show you who He is and then to show you who you truly are to be, like Him. Allow Him to brighten and employ your mind like you never thought possible, to change your perspective and “personality” in ways you never dreamed, to cause you to be silent and hidden or loud and visible. Let go of self-protecting, narrowing definitions, and line up with the Holy Spirit’s decree through Paul to be imitators of the Beautiful One! Most practically, let Him highlight what he wants, one after another, and walk you through it. It is your job to position yourself, be open and to say yes."

by Anonymousreply 2811/20/2012

Tyler knew the Bible and knew it wasn't antigay. He figured he could get other little Christian cuties to see it too.

by Anonymousreply 2911/20/2012

If 1/100th... I'm serious 1/100th... of the crazy shit that goes down in fundieland happened in the gay ghetto, fundies would lose their minds shrieking about the sick gays.

Somehow it just never sticks to fundies that these problems are CULTURAL, that they are evidence of a sick culture and a sick religion.

by Anonymousreply 3011/20/2012

This guy would have been a sick, manipulative fuck regardless of his sexuality or his religion. Above all else - this guy is a narcissistic sociopath who preys on others' vulnerabilities. Religion just provided the arena for him.

by Anonymousreply 3111/20/2012

I agree, religion was just this sick fuck's opportunity to exploit others.

What I wonder about is the almost dull regularity with which we find these sick fucks running religious groups. I also wonder, as I always have, about the people who give over their lives and their will to sick fucks or to any religious leader/group.

Actually, that goes for secular leaders and groups as well. I just don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 3211/20/2012

You're not going to believe this, but there was a Law & Order SVU about this already. I'm not kidding. Church kicks out charasmatic, but extreme young preacher who creates his own congregation cult that is involved in a crime. I can't remember exactly what the crime was...

by Anonymousreply 3311/20/2012

was on 48 hours mystery last night

by Anonymousreply 3402/22/2015

Kansas City is loaded with toxic churches. Who's got dirt on IHOP ? They creep me the fuck out.

by Anonymousreply 3502/22/2015

It's not a huge surprise that KC has so many freakish cults. Between Springfield and their megachurches (and the more, er, "esoteric" religions in the southern hills of Missouri) and the crazy uber religious people in Kansas, K.C. is the perfect middle ground for cults.

When I was a kid in Missouri in the 1970s, there were always weird rumors about IHOPs (Satanists stay there all night, they're owned by secret Masons) and I dismissed them as kid gossip. Now I wonder if the kids were repeating gossip they heard from their parents.

by Anonymousreply 3602/22/2015

Jeez, I just read this story. There's something wrong with a movement that legitimizes this "god talks to me all the time" business. And he told the pancakes guy to open all-night prayer meetings around the world. That's much more legit than "feed the hungry" etc.

by Anonymousreply 3702/22/2015

I was wondering why none of the story links worked then I realized the thread is from 2012

by Anonymousreply 3802/22/2015

The main problem with fucked up hick church cults in Kansas City seems to have something to do with its relative nearness to so many rural communities and the persistence of Pentecostal mindsets. IHOP is believed to be an offshoot of Pentecostalism. You may join their internship program - for a substantial fee, or course, and it you wish to be "fast tracked", the fee roughly doubles. Hotel workers who have to serve them during their conventions will tell you how many secret drinkers are among their number.

by Anonymousreply 3902/22/2015

Follow-up article on what happened to the cult members and psychology behind the group thought processes. Long but worth it.

by Anonymousreply 4002/23/2015

Ugh. I hate 48 Hours cases like this. No real resolution at all to the case. They tend to cover cases like this with a hope of a future resolution, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 4102/23/2015

None of the news links work.

by Anonymousreply 4202/23/2015

How freaking weird. I was just thinking about this cult. I slept with a current employee a few times. He says he's straight, but, when he's on drugs -- which is fairly often -- he'll have sex with men. He is unbelievably good looking, and fit as hell. He could be a fitness model. He is a little off, and I stopped having sex with him and cut off contact, because he just started to seem a little creepy. I didn't know much about IHOP before, but this puts some things in perspective. I wouldn't be surprised if this guy kills some guy in the middle of the night whom he slept with because he thinks god told him too.

by Anonymousreply 4302/23/2015

From the 48 Hours episode, the 'cult leader' seems to now be quite open about being gay presently and during the marriage. Said he never had sex with the bride ....ever and cops to sexual activity with a number of guys in the 'cult'

Humorously enough, he doesn't cop to 'sex' as much as 'touching' and a few instances of oral activity.

Buddy, it's called oral SEX.

by Anonymousreply 4402/23/2015

R42, R37 and R40 are the most recent links. The news links are too old.

by Anonymousreply 4502/23/2015

There's a Tyler Deaton who has a Twitter account, but I don't know if it's the same guy.

by Anonymousreply 4602/24/2015

sociopathy is bi partisan

by Anonymousreply 4702/24/2015

He's here on datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 4802/24/2015

If the guy I slept with from IHOP is anything like the rest of the group, they are one fucked up cult. He was fucking gorgeous, but really a little off. He would pray all the time -- they have a 24 hour prayer center -- but then would get totally fucked up on meth or heroin, and sleep with guys and then get really angry about it. I wouldn't be surprised if he hurts someone some day. What a shame, because he is absolutely ridiculously hot.

by Anonymousreply 4902/24/2015

R49 How hot can he still be if he's a methhead?

by Anonymousreply 5002/24/2015

The last thing I heard, the trial hasn't taken place yet and Tyler Deaton hasn't been charged with any crime.

by Anonymousreply 5102/24/2015

R50 -- he does meth and crack and molly, etc, but he binges on them. He could be sober for months, then goes on a bender and does pretty much everything under the sun. I once foolishly went along with him on a bender, and it took me a long time to recover. I'll never go off the deep end like that, but sex with him was so fucking hot, I just wanted to keep the party going. Never again. Is there anyone here in Kansas City? I wonder if anyone else here has encountered him.

by Anonymousreply 5202/25/2015

I've fucked around with extreme closet cases in the past and it's not worth it. One guy looks over his shoulder as I'm sticking my dick in his ass and says "I'm not a faggot". I said sure and fucked the hell out of him. Another immediately jumped in my shower after I gave him knee buckling head and scrubbed his whole body quite thoroughly and threw on his clothes without drying off. The sex is usually extremely hot with these type and they are also very good looking ( at least in my experience), still not worth the crazy.

by Anonymousreply 5302/25/2015

I've also had two "Promise Keepers" who cruised the river together while in town on one of their gatherings. Wives were at the hotel or out shopping and exploring the city. Dudes were both fucking hot and very passionate. A lot of pent up feelings came out.

by Anonymousreply 5402/25/2015

[quote] The last thing I heard, the trial hasn't taken place yet and Tyler Deaton hasn't been charged with any crime.

The case has officially been dropped and his lover (who was charged) released.

But the DA does have the option to refile, if new evidence comes up

But it does look like the wife did commit suicide.

by Anonymousreply 5502/25/2015

48 Hours episode in full about this case

The ex-gay cult leader, his purse falls right out of his mouth

How people could NOT know his preference

he even told his followers his struggles being gay BEFORE he got married

by Anonymousreply 5602/25/2015

R52 , I'm in KC, which is why I asked earlier if anyone had dirt on IHOP. About two months ago, I found the son of one of their husband and wife ministry teams outside my house at 5am one morning. He had just moved back to the city, was not dressed for the winter weather, was drunk, and had a bleeding gash in the back of his head. He had been walking for hours and many miles, no car, no idea where he was. The parents live in a high dollar district where million dollar homes are common, and "minister" via an inner city soup kitchen, meanwhile they don't even give their contact information to their child. When it became obvious that the parents were unreachable and unlisted, I drove him to the hospital. He kept telling me what good, wonderful people his folks are. So much so, that they hadn't bothered give their child the means to reach them in an emergency in the wee hours of the night. People who neglect their flesh and blood to feed their cult addiction are despicable.

I have never encountered the guy you mentioned, but about 20 years ago I tried to date a very lost young man who was part of the Vineyard church out of Grandview. They also seem pretty creepy.

Looking back, I suspect there were plenty of drugs going on behind my back, based on the description of behaviors you mentioned in your post. It makes me sad.

by Anonymousreply 5702/25/2015

Repression kills!

by Anonymousreply 5802/25/2015

I don't even know if the guy I slept with from IHOP is gay or bi. I think he just gets so fucked up on drugs, and you provide some party favors, he'll go along for the ride. I'm not sure he's a closet case so much as someone who gets so fucked up on drugs, you can fuck him and he doesn't say no. I feel awful because I supplied some of the drugs that allowed me to get him naked, but I won't do that again. We still email and text on occasion, but I'm careful not to be around him, because I know where that will lead

by Anonymousreply 5902/25/2015

Tyler is such a prissy little twink. How could he fool anyone about his sexual orientation is beyond me.

by Anonymousreply 6002/25/2015

[quote] How could he fool anyone about his sexual orientation is beyond me.

Ask Oscar winner Graham Moore

by Anonymousreply 6102/25/2015

A very, very strange case. What is Tyler Deaton up to now?

by Anonymousreply 6202/25/2015

Tyler screams size meat.

A big cock with lots of baggage, but a big cock nonetheless.

by Anonymousreply 6303/01/2015

R63 ... apparently his wife would not have been able to confirm or deny ......

by Anonymousreply 6403/02/2015
Need more help? Click Here.